BTW and John Smith texture pack

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
walker_boh_65

BTW and John Smith texture pack

Post by walker_boh_65 »

this should be a really simple fix, but for some reason i cant get any of the better than wolves stuff in the John Smith texture pack, they either dont show up (but have a name they are just invisible i guess) or are brown cubes. Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong, and tell me how to get the flames, (i think i might have patched this wrong)
Last edited by walker_boh_65 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stormweaver

Re: BTW and John Smith testure pack

Post by Stormweaver »

It was a while ago that I did it, but I put the BTW textures straight into the Jar. Probably a bad idea in hindsight, but it worked.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

You might want to proof read your question as it reminds me of but I accidentally the whole thing.

but if I had to guess you installed it the wrong place or your file got corrupted.

I searched for John smith and found this link, should help.
http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopi ... mith#p3581
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

that was the first thing i thought of doing, i did just double check and the images in the .jar itself are the John Smith ones but they still don't show up, could this be a problem with using the HD patcher incorrectly?
You might want to proof read your question as it reminds me of but I accidentally the whole thing.

but if I had to guess you installed it the wrong place or your file got corrupted.

I searched for John smith and found this link, should help.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=259&p=3581&hilit=john+smith#p3581
and that is the download i used
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

you can verify if its HD patching issue or the texture pack by try the 32 faithful and seeing if the BTW items show up.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/727 ... -beta/#mod
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

the_fodder wrote:you can verify if its HD patching issue or the texture pack by try the 32 faithful and seeing if the BTW items show up.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/727 ... -beta/#mod
Thank you, it was a patching issue, i will be fixing it now, thanks again