New Release! (BTW V4.10)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jadedcat

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.10)

Post by jadedcat »

drat... now that we have new pumps to play with.. I need to find a new base location so i can play with them... and I just finally got all my sheeps to breed red babies ...
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

FlowerChild wrote:
xou816 wrote:*EDIT* I know you do not support creative mode, FC, but the screw pump is missing in here, although the screw is in.
I've made a decision not to include new mod features in creative mode in the first few releases in which they appear to give people playing legit a chance to experience them properly before they get spoiled through cheating. I'll add them later.
OK, thank you for your answer!
Lars

Post by Lars »

For the love of all that is good and awesome, another update! FC sure is fast fast fast!=D
I never liked the concept of HCB so far, and thus never used it. But with the implementation of these pumps, I would be a jackass not to turn it on now! I just love using nifty little contraptions like that =D
razar51

Post by razar51 »

FlowerChild wrote:
-Added the Screw as a new item.

-Added the Screw Pump as a new block.

-Changed Hardcore Bucket mode to be on by default for the mod. With the addition of Screw Pumps, it is now the official mode of play for BTW, but may
still be disabled through the mod config file if you have no concept of fun ;)
hmmmm interesting. This will definitely force me into making certain designs over others. Ill have to make platforms in the ocean for my early farms on my islands, and getting water up for a really tall mob trap (or base) would be quite a feat.

Will have to experiment with this a lot
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

wow, another major update. Thanks!

Hardcore bucket is something I hadn't messed with before and is going to take a lot of getting used to, but it is a logical move and I'm looking forward to the new challenges.

I think the biggest change for me will be lack of lava buckets since I used to make moulds for forming obsidian structures (rather than harden lava at location, then moving it). Going to burn through a lot of pickaxes now :P
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

moonracer wrote:wow, another major update. Thanks!

Hardcore bucket is something I hadn't messed with before and is going to take a lot of getting used to, but it is a logical move and I'm looking forward to the new challenges.

I think the biggest change for me will be lack of lava buckets since I used to make moulds for forming obsidian structures (rather than harden lava at location, then moving it). Going to burn through a lot of pickaxes now :P
All you need is a mattock or a solid efficiency 3 diamond pick and obsidian isn't a big deal.
ada221

Post by ada221 »

screw pump. two words: Dwarf Fortress

aww yeahh
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Ok... So I removed the sourceblock powering my waterwheel in my main world, built a system with pumps to power the wheel and then realized that it couldn't work since I had used the waterwheel to power the pumps...
I ended up building another waterwheel to power the pumps so that the pumps could power the first waterwheel. It works, and in the end I had lots of fun playing with the pumps. Good job FC! The pumps are working just as you'd expect and they really make water transport an even more enjoyable experience! :D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Tekei wrote:Ok... So I removed the sourceblock powering my waterwheel in my main world, built a system with pumps to power the wheel and then realized that it couldn't work since I had used the waterwheel to power the pumps...
I ended up building another waterwheel to power the pumps so that the pumps could power the first waterwheel. It works, and in the end I had lots of fun playing with the pumps. Good job FC! The pumps are working just as you'd expect and they really make water transport an even more enjoyable experience! :D
Lol! Glad you like them man :)