Who watched doctor who?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
The great randomo

Who watched doctor who?

Post by The great randomo »

Last night was the first in the new series of doctor who. Anyone watch it?
Edit: iplayer link
Last edited by The great randomo on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
HaloGamefreek

Re: Who watched doctor who?

Post by HaloGamefreek »

Doctor Who!!?? OMG! i cant believe i missed a new episode... I deserve to be shot......
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Oh... Oh my... I think I may just have squeed a bit. I thought it wasn't supposed to air before next week! :O
Lots of planets have a north...!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Really? Can't wait to watch it! I completely forgot about that!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

I watched it last night. I would suggest watching the 5 mini-episodes of "PondLife" (about a minute each) on the Dr. Who page if you fancy a laugh, but it doesn't need to be done to follow the story. All in all, though, a fantastic episode, which will restore your faith if you were worried about the fact that this season is to be "less arc-heavy".

And now, some spoilery discussion:
Spoiler
Show
As Moffat's first epiosode revolving around the Daleks, what ould have been better? His decision to retire them due to becoming too easily defeatable was brilliant, and only topped by their deadly and terrifying return, with a true reminder of what it is to be "Dalek".
I saw so many types of Dalek in that episode, which - as someone who has watched a fair few of the pre-revival episodes (for someone born after they topped being shown !! ) - was very pleasing.
So, the universe believes the Doctor is dead. The Daleks can no longer remember who he is. And the Doctor's new companion is both a Dalek, and dead. Only Moffat will be able to rectify this, and my faith in the season (which was knocked by the arc-heaviness being lessened) is already restored.
With more weeping angels, dinosaurs, and a wild-west baddie that looks like Min in Black 3's Boris the Animal, the only upsetting thing so far about this season is the lack of Karen Gillan in the second half ;)
Something for everyone - returning viewers or new ones - I think (:.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

That was last night? Shit, I thought it was tonight! *cries*
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

I watched it last night, too. I liked it all right, but what I'm really looking forward to is next week.

Fucking. Dinosaurs. My inner seven year old is flipping out at the prospect.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

The question was asked! Did no-one notice that?
Obviously the Silence were the protectors of the fourth wall :P
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

You're supposed to post these threads before the air date to remind people that the new series is starting.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh yes...

Spoiler in spoilers...
Spoiler
Show
The end with all that Daleks chanting "Doctor Who?" was a classic emotional moment for the series. Loved it.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Through the wonders of the internet I've overcome the shortcomings of my TV provider and seen it; A day late, but who says time needs to be in a straight line anyway?

Anyhow, it was a great start to a new series, especially the ending.

Spoiler
Show
Not just all the Daleks asking "Doctor Who?", but the scene in the Tardis as well. Did anybody else notice that the way The Doctor said it towards the end was exactly like the ending of series 6?
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
mattizcool

Post by mattizcool »

Dammit I was in a wedding last night, missed the episode. (I'm fairly new to Doctor Who though...)
FlowerChild wrote:Hookers and blow! WOOT!!!!
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

More spoilers talk:
Spoiler
Show
I do like how a dalek can now disguise itself as a human. Anyone on earth could be a dalek and not know it! Being a dalek-centred episode, I was surprised at how little we saw of the new daleks.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Loved the episode!
Spoiler
Show
The twist on the end was... both expected and unexpected. I knew there was *something* going on with soufflé-girl, but I didn't expect *that*!

This promises well for this series! And I'm really excited for the next episode: dinosaurs on a freaking spaceship!!! (At least that's what it looked like.) My inner six-year-old wet himself with joy seeing that!
Lots of planets have a north...!
lux767

Post by lux767 »

It was beautiful. Can't wait another week.
"Shhh! I'm charging my laser..."
--Me
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

It was great.
Spoiler
Show
Honestly, I made the jump to 'Oswin is a Dalek' when the Doctor asked about her souffle ingredients. It was sadder than I expected, though.
Lots of 'I have no mouth and I must scream' vibes.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Spoiler
Show
It was quite obvious what was going on as soon as I saw the white room outside the dalek reticle. What fascinated me was watching the characters figure it out, Oswin in particular. As far as setup/continuity episodes go, this was extremely impressive.
Better is the enemy of Good
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Living in Australia, it is not occurring on TV here, but, due to the first truly awesome thing the ABC have done that I know of, they released it on iView A MERE HOUR after it was aired in the UK!
Eff Yeah!
Sadly, I was away at the time, and keep forgetting to watch it (playing too much BTW and Dota) but it is definitely on my to-do list, and will probably watch it as soon as I get home!
Thanks for reminding me!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:Oh yes...

Spoiler in spoilers...
Spoiler
Show
The end with all that Daleks chanting "Doctor Who?" was a classic emotional moment for the series. Loved it.
Spoiler
Show
I agree, loved it. Now we get a few episodes that don't seem to have any real association with the bigger picture, but will be tied in in the end, and then we get the actual main story.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
tedium

Post by tedium »

Detritus, I too was astounded! For everyone else, ABC stands for the Australian Broadcasting Commission, a purely government funded, non-profit media outlet who generally maintain a relatively neutral political bias. The idea that they obtained the rights to show every Australian the first episode of this season of Dr Who a mere hour after it's international release, advertisement free and on-demand... Aside from Prometheus, I think it's the only thing I haven't pirated this year! Free entertainment on my computer, no laws broken... thanks to the governement? Nah, I still can't get over it... Still astounded!

edit: Oh, and the episode was pretty damn good too. I did have a laugh at them having Amy start the show at a fashion shoot, so she could wear makeup and look hot for the entire episode. That was pretty cool too XD
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

tedium wrote:Detritus, I too was astounded! For everyone else, ABC stands for the Australian Broadcasting Commission, a purely government funded, non-profit media outlet who generally maintain a relatively neutral political bias. The idea that they obtained the rights to show every Australian the first episode of this season of Dr Who a mere hour after it's international release, advertisement free and on-demand... Aside from Prometheus, I think it's the only thing I haven't pirated this year! Free entertainment on my computer, no laws broken... thanks to the governement? Nah, I still can't get over it... Still astounded!

edit: Oh, and the episode was pretty damn good too. I did have a laugh at them having Amy start the show at a fashion shoot, so she could wear makeup and look hot for the entire episode. That was pretty cool too XD
Yeah, lol.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Yay! Something a British company made that America likes! :D I feel proud to be british :L
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

tedium wrote:I did have a laugh at them having Amy start the show at a fashion shoot, so she could wear makeup and look hot for the entire episode. That was pretty cool too XD
Wait... Amy isn't always hot? That's news to me...
ForestShadows

Post by ForestShadows »

I wanted too but my parents watched it without me so I have to wait to watch it D:
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Another week, another new episode! Anybody see this one?
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.