Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.5.2] [BTW 4.A4]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Ferrus.Manus

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.20]

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

The new wood textured on other blocks looks awesome, but I think the gearbox input side should stand out more, as of now it's very hard to distinguish it from regular sides.

EDIT: Also the top of bookshelves are still in the old style of wood too (that's because they use CTM).
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Yeah, I've been trying to slowly convert all the CTM files to the new wood, but sometimes is easier for me to just delete the files. Rest assured, all the CTM-related troubles will be fixed soon. In the meantime, I may just remove CTM from the download completely, except for glass, so that there will be no more bugs until I get them fixed. Thoughts?

Input on gearboxes? I'll see what I can do. Thanks, mate. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

You should leave the CTM file for pumpkins/bookshelves/reeds/sandstone, all you need to do is copy/paste the new wood texture for the top of bookshelves and fence/fence gate textures, ad there's nothing wrong with wool files. Actually now that I looked into it I think only ctm-wood1.png needs to go.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

I don't want to just delete it, otherwise the properties files will make all those wood textures transparent. I do want to update them to the new blocks though, I'm sure you noticed the new birch texture would look great as a horizontally aligned texture.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.3.2] [BTW 4.21]

Post by Anbaric »

Ok, I have practically given up on CTM Wood. Some of it I kept, but most has been permanently erased.

Concerning the input side on Gearboxes, I tried at least 15 different arrangements, and I couldn't find any that looked as good as the current one... Not to say I'll stop looking, but I like the current one. :/

Also, Bump for 4.21 (for which I had to do no work)
Things about me.
Show
3:
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Anbaric wrote:Concerning the input side on Gearboxes, I tried at least 15 different arrangements, and I couldn't find any that looked as good as the current one... Not to say I'll stop looking, but I like the current one. :/
Maybe simply make that border out of darker/lighter wood while keeping it the same shape?
Anbaric wrote:Also, Bump for 4.21 (for which I had to do no work)
Actually you forgot to put the border around textures used for grass and soul sand planters.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Ferrus.Manus wrote: Actually you forgot to put the border around textures used for grass and soul sand planters.
Border? Darn, I can't access a computer now...

I'll try darkening and lightening the wood. Thanks for the suggestions. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Anbaric wrote:
Ferrus.Manus wrote: Actually you forgot to put the border around textures used for grass and soul sand planters.
As in edge of the planter. Now you have to actually add it in texture sheet or the top of the planter will be solid grass/soulsand texture.
It's a simple cut and paste job, I actually already fixed it for myself, you'll just have to hot-fix it once you get access to your computer.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:
Anbaric wrote:
As in edge of the planter. Now you have to actually add it in texture sheet or the top of the planter will be solid grass/soulsand texture.
It's a simple cut and paste job, I actually already fixed it for myself, you'll just have to hot-fix it once you get access to your computer.

Yeah, it'll be easy, but my sister isn't letting me on. The next time I'll be able to fix it will be tomorrow morning, about 12 hours from now...
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

And the Planters have been fixed. :/

When I have more time later, I'll get back to testing gearboxes.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Skwirral

Post by Skwirral »

Just wanted to pop in and show appreciation, I've been using this for a while now and everything I see now is just perfect, texture-wise. Really inspires me to build better structures to make them worthy of the texture pack. Many thanks!
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Long time, no post. I noticed I was getting close to 100 , and I wanted to do something special for it, like finish the pack completely, but that fell through. I did discretly update for BTW 4.22, though I had to use the vanilla sprites as placeholders for now. I wish I had more time to work on the Pack, but my sister won't let me on the computer for more than ten minutes. Sometimes she'll let me stay on if I play some LoL though...
Soon I'll have my own computer and won't have to worry about her.

Consider this a belated bump for 4.22, :/

I'm worried I'm going to sink even farther behind soon. Now that 1.4.2 of MC is out, I need to update the pack for that. Plus I get the feeling that the next release of BTW that works with 1.4 will have even more blocks and items. Hope I got the powder keg right. ^_^
Skwirral wrote:Just wanted to pop in and show appreciation, I've been using this for a while now and everything I see now is just perfect, texture-wise. Really inspires me to build better structures to make them worthy of the texture pack. Many thanks!
Glad you like. ^_^ Feel free to post pictures. I need more. :P
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.4.2] [BTW 4.30]

Post by Anbaric »

Ok, updated the pack for MC 1.4.2, and BTW 4.30

Enjoy, and please feel free to post bug reports.
Things about me.
Show
3:
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

You should probably retake the first picture, as the textures for both the powder keg and wooden planks have been changed :)
Quality comes before quantity.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

ThatOneDude wrote:You should probably retake the first picture, as the textures for both the powder keg and wooden planks have been changed :)
Yeah, I guess I should, but I deleted that world. :/ I'll try to get some newer pictures up today.

Edit: Yay for backups! New pictures up.
Things about me.
Show
3:
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Just wanted to pop in and say kudos on an awesome tp man. Loving the wood textures.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

kaos78414 wrote:Just wanted to pop in and say kudos on an awesome tp man. Loving the wood textures.
Thanks, mate. I've put a lot of time tweaking them. :P
Things about me.
Show
3:
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

If I might provide some constructive criticisms: the block of concentrated hellfire and the block of soulforged steel both look a bit too plain. And the hellfire one is a bit too bright as well. Also, the blue for the white stone just seems a bit... off. I suppose its the same color as the end stone, but in the overworld it just doesn't quite look right. I wouldn't go all the white, since the sandstone and regular stone are so light; perhaps just pastel it up a bit -
Spoiler
Show
I think that's sort of the thing with this TP, everything uses very neutral colors. So anything that's too bright stands out a bit, IMO.

Anyway, I'm still loving the pack, and use this one exclusively now. Thanks again for it :)
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

kaos78414 wrote:If I might provide some constructive criticisms: the block of concentrated hellfire and the block of soulforged steel both look a bit too plain. And the hellfire one is a bit too bright as well. Also, the blue for the white stone just seems a bit... off. I suppose its the same color as the end stone, but in the overworld it just doesn't quite look right. I wouldn't go all the white, since the sandstone and regular stone are so light; perhaps just pastel it up a bit -
Spoiler
Show
I think that's sort of the thing with this TP, everything uses very neutral colors. So anything that's too bright stands out a bit, IMO.

Anyway, I'm still loving the pack, and use this one exclusively now. Thanks again for it :)
Now this is good. A nice list.

1: The Hellfire and Steel blocks are something I've contemplated changing for a long time. I mean, Hellfire Ingots are a bright red, but the Hibachi (before I changed it) had a beautiful gray top; it fit so well with this pack. Seeing someone else cringe at the brightness has helped me finally decide. I'm going to revert the Hibachi back, and make the Hellfire blocks and ingots the same color. SFS Blocks are a different matter. I like the sharp edge on them, it helps them tile. And there are nice subtle moaning faces imbedded in it, which I plan to animate at some point. It won't be too plain then. ^_^

2: I was seriously wondering when someone was going to bring this one up, only a matter of time. :P Don't worry, changing "white stone", all it's predecessors, and endstone itself to white was always in the plans. Although existing worlds will probably look weird when changing to this pack, You have to admit that building a water base using it as it is now, would look epic. ^_^ Will be changed soon.

Thanks for the feedback, and super happy that you like the pack!
Things about me.
Show
3:
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Cool, man. I'll take a second look at the SFS blocks to see the face :)

My only other suggestion would be to take a second look at bricks. IMO they look a bit like wood.

And one last thing: Nice avatar! :P
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

kaos78414 wrote:Cool, man. I'll take a second look at the SFS blocks to see the face :)

My only other suggestion would be to take a second look at bricks. IMO they look a bit like wood.

And one last thing: Nice avatar! :P
Bricks? You mean bricks made from clay? Item or Block? Ach! The suspense made me fidget so hard I skinned my finger. Bleeding. :(

My Umbreon? Thanks. His name is Stardust, my best female friend made him for me. ^_^ She has others too. Google SunshineIkimaru.
Things about me.
Show
3:
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Brick blocks, like just regular brick blocks. For some reason they look a little too much like wood to me, while nether brick blocks look fine. Maybe its just the color. But color is such dangerous territory to tread with this pack because you want to stay within that gorgeous dark pastel its got.

And wow, she's got quite the collection on deviant art. Tell her to make me a Bastiodon? :P
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Color isn't actually a problem for me. I have a large palette of colors taken from various points on the default terrain.png. So if you're right about it looking like wood to you because of the color, I can make you a custom brick easy, like I did for Manus and his Ender spectacles. I don't think the problem is the texture, since it's a typical brick pattern, and Nether bricks use the same pattern.
Sent her a text
Show
Me: A friend of mine want's to know if you would make a Bastiodon picture for him

SI: Huh? What's a Bastard?

SI: *Bastion

SI: Omg, *BASTIODON

Me: A black and white Pokemon. And, LOL

SI: Googling...

SI: Uh kinda ugly isn't it? You know I like to do the cute ones right?

Me: Well, I tried...
Sorry, mate...
Things about me.
Show
3:
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Oh, you don't have to go out of your way. Its just a minor nitpick. And thats funny about bastiodon, I like him because he's so ugly haha
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Seriously, I don't mind. ^_^
So what do you want? a bit more red? a bit less? a bit more contrast?
Things about me.
Show
3: