constipated wolves?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
rockninja

constipated wolves?

Post by rockninja »

i have been playing better than wolves for quite some time now, and it seems no matter what i do, no matter how much i feed them, and no matter how dark a cave i shove them into, my wolves never seem to create dung. kinda tech-locked until i can figure out what's wrong...

does anyone else have this problem? any way i could fix it?

is this even the right sub-forum to post this in? i don't believe it's a bug, just a stint of bad luck...
Itamarcu

Re: constipated wolves?

Post by Itamarcu »

How did you make sure they don't poop? Try throwing pork/beef at them using Q, and then waiting a lot of time. A better option would be to make a dung farm (using water and hoppers) and check again an hour later.

At what stage of BTW are you? Have you already reached hoppers, saw, windmill or are you just in the beginning?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
rockninja

Post by rockninja »

i cannot get any dung at all, and as such, i am still stuck at windmill+millstone, as i cannot make cured leather without dung.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

This should be in tech support....

But, do you have any other mods installed?

I've run into some fairly constipated wolves, it's pretty random. But I've also run into some that obviously were downing laxatives in some weird wolf competition to see who could tan the most leather.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
rockninja

Post by rockninja »

the only mods i have are:
modloader
trapcraft
BTW
optifine
unbelievable shaders
Urian

Post by Urian »

Moved to tech support.

Have you checked that there is no light getting in, that there is sufficiently space between the wolves and a wall (one empty block in between is enough) and that your water stream (or whatever system you have to collect dung) is set up in a correct way?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
rockninja

Post by rockninja »

Urian wrote:Moved to tech support.

Have you checked that there is no light getting in, that there is sufficiently space between the wolves and a wall (one empty block in between is enough) and that your water stream (or whatever system you have to collect dung) is set up in a correct way?
i was not aware there needed to be space between the wolves...

edit: apparently, all that was needed was placenta. lock the thread, i guess.
StormBeforeDawn

Post by StormBeforeDawn »

This really should get added to the wiki, we get this all the time. I will go and upload a pic to the dung page, but my wiki skills are not strong. If someone doesn't like how I've done it, please edit.
~Storm