Dissapearing Hoppers

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Splee999

Dissapearing Hoppers

Post by Splee999 »

I'm in the process of setting up a new automatic soul urn machine. Everything was going fine, but when I climbed down from my factory tower, I noticed a massive stream of water cascading off of it. I climbed back up to find that the hopper that will add urns to a dispenser had disappeared. Figuring it was a one time glitch, I replaced it and moved on. However, approximately five minutes later it disappeared again. The only guess I have for the disappearances are the nearby(ish) hibachis that are under the kiln. However, this doesn't make sense as the hopper has bricks in between it and the fire, and the hibachis aren't even stoked yet, meaning that the bricks aren't kilns in this point in time. So, to sum it up, my hoppers are disappearing, possibly because of fire that shouldn't be there. I'm including some images to try and add reference to this.

Thanks for the help with this.

Hopper placement:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
External View:
Spoiler
Show
walker_boh_65

Re: Dissapearing Hoppers

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Fire most likely got to it, and not a bug.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Cover all sides of the hopper.

Stoked fire tend to get around.

Hope this helps. :D
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Wait, are hoppers extra flammable or something? Those fires are not stoked at the moment, so if I remember the way fire spreads correctly, it shouldn't be able to jump through the kiln blocks to light that hopper on fire.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

From the minecraft wiki: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Fire#Behavior
Fire can climb up walls, across floors and ceilings, and over small gaps. More precisely, a fire (or lava) block can turn any air block that is adjacent to a flammable block into a fire block. This can happen at a distance of up to one block downwards, one block sideways (including diagonals), and four blocks upwards of the original fire or lava source.
Your hopper is only 3 blocks above the fire!

Also bug reports => no unnecessary discussion here!
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Huh, even though there are blocks in between the hopper and the fire, and the hopper is not directly on top of the fire, I guess its still spreading. Ok, I guess surrounding it should fix the problem. Unless there's something else going on here, go ahead and lock 'er up.
Urian

Post by Urian »

*click*
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea