Myst III squee

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gargantuan_Penguin

Myst III squee

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

This little guy is ADORABLE.

That being said. Who else plays Myst?
And HOW!
Calcifire3691

Re: Myst III squee

Post by Calcifire3691 »

*raises hand*

it's sad that they don't work well on newer OSes (I actually bought a boxed version of riven today in the hope it'll work on my old PC :P )
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Haven't played Myst in a really long time but it was actually one of the first PC games I ever played, really, really enjoyed it because it was so different from everything I have ever encountered in a game, really awe inspiring and made me want to adventure which I was all about as a child.

And yes that little guy is absolutely a master in a high ranking thieves guild. No doubt.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I'm playing all of them in order. I'm currently on Myst V. Awesome games, every one of them.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

By the way, check this site.

http://www.starryexpanse.com/

I don't know honestly if this will ever be done, but if it is, well... it would be pretty awesome.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gargantuan_Penguin

I have been dual booting with windows 2000 and gentoo for a very long time now. unfortunately most new things won't run on either. which is Why I am currently saving up for a mac.

Both Myst And Riven won't run on my computer currently and so I am forced to play them out of order.

My favorite part about the games is the incredible worlds. And how bleak and barren they seem. In many ways it reminds me of minecraft.

And the puzzles... in my opinion they shame anything that the portal games came up with. Not because the Portal puzzles aren't awesome, but because the myst games are just that much cooler.
And HOW!
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

I love playing Myst through Myst IV. Unfortunately I have a Mac (10.6) and it won't run Myst IV. I'm so sad. Thankfully I can still play realMyst and I have RivenX to keep me happy.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I own every Myst series game, loved them all.

I tried to install Riven last week on Windows 7 64bit, spent about an hour trying to work around install errors, but it's not happening, I'd need Windows 7 professional so I could have a Windows XP virtual machine that might be able to play it.

Instead I downloaded Uru Live (the MMO version of Uru), it's free although quite empty, but I've run out of steam on it, the stuff that comes after the main Uru storyline seems less cohesive and kind of tacked on.

Riven was always my favourite although I would like to try RealMyst, but now I'm really looking forward to Starry Expense becoming a reality, I see it's well over it's funding requirement so sounds like it might come through!
Harcion

Post by Harcion »

Deactivating extreme lurk mode temporarily to say this:

There are books set in this universe too.

Look up "The Myst Reader" by Rand Miller, Robyn Miller and David Wingrove if you haven't already read it. It contains three books; "The book of Atrus", "The book of Ti'ana" and "The book of D'ni".

I liked them, and if you ever wanted to know more about the D'ni and the life of Atrus and his family you probably will too.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Harcion wrote:Deactivating extreme lurk mode temporarily to say this:

There are books set in this universe too.

Look up "The Myst Reader" by Rand Miller, Robyn Miller and David Wingrove if you haven't already read it. It contains three books; "The book of Atrus", "The book of Ti'ana" and "The book of D'ni".

I liked them, and if you ever wanted to know more about the D'ni and the life of Atrus and his family you probably will too.
oooh. sweet. I shall have to check those out some time.
And HOW!
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I remember reading that book. Still have yet to play the games though.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

I tried playing Myst once on my PSP, I gave up after a while. I still like it a lot, but I couldn't get through it and the controls for PSP are kinda clunky on Myst.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
Gargantuan_Penguin

PureZaros wrote:I tried playing Myst once on my PSP, I gave up after a while. I still like it a lot, but I couldn't get through it and the controls for PSP are kinda clunky on Myst.
It certainly isn't easy. Currently I am taking a break from it so that I can properly think through some of the problems.
And HOW!