New Release! (BTW V3.61)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mac

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.61)

Post by Mac »

While I was sleeping out my "Booze head", imagine a half a meter sized head, you did that update?
(still being a tiny bit drunk without any headaches, so please don't take anything I'll say to seriously)

First and foremost: Thank you

On the update:
Dynamite fishing, I mean dynamite fishing for fucking real? Hell yeah. Still remember that
being talked about somewhere here on these forums. Frigging epic feature, haven't tried it yet,
just about got up, but I do so when I feel a bit more stable Ehm I mean sober.

Thanks again for your work and effort,
which includes wrestling with the fucking fucking pulley code,that you don't don't like to mess with.
*Hands out sword of pulley code defense +5000 ;) *
My Youtube channel.

walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Redneck fishing? Yes! That sounds awesome! Thanks FC. :)
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Woooooooooooo!

Ha ha, that is great fun.

Just managed to find out how you "light" dynamite fired from a dispenser, which was the final step in my automated fishery :)

My cat says thank you.
Spoiler
Show
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Noone's commented on this one yet:
-Fixed problem with the Block Dispenser ejecting entities (arrows, eggs, etc.) in such a way that they skipped over the first block they would normally travel through.
This is great! I had a simple design for an egg/chicken farm that just wouldn't work with the BD, so I had to use regular dispensers with much less storage. I don't know why I never submitted it as a bug when it happened, but I'm glad it was one and either you or someone else noticed it.

Thanks!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Thanks for the new release bro :)

Redneck fishing seems awesome, pretty sure that's gonna be really funny :p
The dispenser fix is great, it was so annoying with the minecarts :o
And I'm really sad about the Nether Sludge/clay thing.
Here goes 2 weeks of testing and building :(
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Ah, if this had come before V3.6, then I would be able to say "redneck fishing is the most fun I've ever had in Minecraft!"

However, tipping cauldrons and blowing stuff around with bellows tops it, just a little bit.

Thank you for a fantastic and hilarious update, FC :).
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added Redneck Fishing. Yeehaaaaa!
Oh my god. You mean that isn't something that Happy Tree Friends made up!? That sounds AWESOME!
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Thanks for the update!
FlowerChild wrote:
TheAnarchitect wrote:The long story is in The Tales of Woe thread. The short story is I fell in a hole and died, and the bloodwood tree planted itself, then grew, destroying or rendering unreachable all my soulsteel equipment. And now that bloodwood won't plant itself, the next time I fall in a 1x1x3 hole in the nether with soulsand at the bottom, with only 1/2 HP left and a bloodwood in my inventory, that won't happen.
Lol! Damn, that's a classic :)

Now I feel bad that I removed that kind of emergent behavior :(
You could make it so that the bloodwood also plants itself if it's dropped by your corpse, no? In any case it would be great to walk in a multiplayer server and see a lone bloodwood tree on the ground, as a grave.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Panda

Post by Panda »

Uhhh.... Help?
Spoiler
Show
What is redneck fishing....? Is this an american thing or am i just derpy???
Never say no to Panda.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Panda wrote:Uhhh.... Help?
Spoiler
Show

It is pretty much throwing dynamite in water to, well, fish...
Try it yourself, just don't forget to light it up.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

Thanks for the update, I'm off fishing now! In situations like this, having a base in the ocean isn't that bad. *big grin*
I now have a valid reason to semi-automate dynamite production.

Although I am a bit sad about no more nethersludge to clay...

Also,
FlowerChild wrote:Cauldron
*chuckle*
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Panda wrote:Uhhh.... Help?
Spoiler
Show
First off, adorable :)
Secondly, yes. Redneck fishing is very much an American thing (particularly amongst the less sophisticated of us - called Rednecks.) The concept is to throw explosives into water and have the blast concussion kill the fish... and bring it up out of the water for you. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

See, down here in Georgia, "real men" go fishing by just pumping about 6 20 gauge shells into a pond, so I reckon y'all don't know what true Redneck Fishin' is.
Jokes aside, awesome! I sat there for like a minute wondering why I couldn't throw my dynamite until I grabbed my Flint n' Steel. I then literally fell out of my chair laughing. Also, epic win on the Bloodwood Sapling change. I actually built my wood farm around using normal dispensers dropping the sapling instead of using a BD, glad to see that I'm getting forced to stop exploiting mechanics.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

SgtChuckle wrote:I sat there for like a minute wondering why I couldn't throw my dynamite until I grabbed my Flint n' Steel.
... This update also meant that you *can* throw dynamite without flint and steel ... I threw a few unignited into the ocean before I realised my flint and steel was all used up. So a little confused by your post ;).
tedium

Post by tedium »

duartemad wrote: It is pretty much throwing dynamite in water to, well, fish...
Try it yourself, just don't forget to light it up.
note, this refers to in game. in the real world... please don't... really. it's called "red-neck" for a reason, and it's much the same reason as lynch-mobs are considered "red-neck." dynamite in water doesn't just shockwave the fish to death. it will kill the vast majority of water-life within quite a distance. don't get me wrong, it's funny as shit. but it's also fucked up beyond belief (again kinda like shit, in the evolutionary excrement kind of way). i'd rather strip mine than dynamite fish, in the real world. and i can only imagine that if vMC ever gets off it's ass and creates an aquatic ecosystem, dynamite fishing will undergo balancing changes :)

i was wondering though, as I'm yet to update and test play... does dynamite fishing destroy water source blocks? because that could be a nice little way to increase the challenge of automating it, just in case people find it seems a little easy at present ;)
FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

tedium wrote: i was wondering though, as I'm yet to update and test play... does dynamite fishing destroy water source blocks? because that could be a nice little way to increase the challenge of automating it, just in case people find it seems a little easy at present ;)
I would say the point of this feature was to add something funny in a bug fixe update. And it wouldn't make sens that water destroys water source block. Or I'm missing something in basic water properties... ^^
And suggesting something about a brand new addition to the mod in the release thread isn't always a good idea ;-) (like, probably never)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Eriottosan wrote:
SgtChuckle wrote:I sat there for like a minute wondering why I couldn't throw my dynamite until I grabbed my Flint n' Steel.
... This update also meant that you *can* throw dynamite without flint and steel ... I threw a few unignited into the ocean before I realised my flint and steel was all used up. So a little confused by your post ;).
That's weird, as I was trying to throw it and it didn't work, then I went to my house to get some adventure gear on to head to the closest ocean, and when I got there with my Flint and Steel, I was able to throw the Dynamite no problem. Bug maybe? Or maybe I'm just stupid. Let me go do some testing.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

An hour of testing various setups and timings suggests the following tips for redneck fishing automation:
Spoiler
Show
You can expect on average 2 fish per stick of dynamite. Sometimes you'll get more, sometimes less, sometimes none. But 9 stacks of dynamite resulted in a little over 18 stacks of fish.

The more water there is, the more fish. I think the optimal size is 10x10 and 5 deep, but this requires more testing.

Timing doesn't appear to matter much: throwing in multiple sticks at once does not result in more or less fish. The problem is that exploding dynamite throws around unexploded dynamite, pushing it to the edges of your pool and reducing the amount of fish they spawn slightly. For maximum fish per stick of dynamite, throw them in one at a time. But for maximum fish per minute, just dump them in as fast as you can.
Last edited by TheAnarchitect on Tue May 01, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Hey, does this work with all explosions, or just ones caused by dynamite? Just trying to weed out potential exploits early, don't want anybody getting used to them and winding up heartbroken :)
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Hey, does this work with all explosions, or just ones caused by dynamite? Just trying to weed out potential exploits early, don't want anybody getting used to them and winding up heartbroken :)
...Like that one glitch involving water over an Ender Crystal causing the Crystal to constantly explode but never go away. I'm on a creative world right now heading for a Stronghold. Tell you if it works once I get to the End.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Furthering TheAnarchitect's findings:
Spoiler
Show
TheAnarchitect wrote: You can expect on average 2 fish per stick of dynamite. Sometimes you'll get more, sometimes less, sometimes none. But 9 stacks of dynamite resulted in a little over 18 stacks of fish.
I know you were testing a system built for automation, but I think it's worth noting that Deep-Sea-Redneck-Fishing yields ~3.5 fish per dynamite (9 stacks got me just over 31 and a half stacks of fish).

Of course, this is a lot harder to automate, but perhaps a large enough tank could replicate this kind of yield?
Last edited by Eriottosan on Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Sweet bug fixes and amazing fishing update! New thing to automate! Thanks for all the hard work FC! The more stable platforms/anchors will come in handy!
Now we just need a secondhand lion and a biplane and Batto can film Secondhand Lions 2!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Eriottosan wrote:
I know you were testing a system built for automation, but I think it's worth noting that Deep-Sea-Redneck-Fishing yields ~3.5 fish per dynamite (9 stacks got me just over 31 and a half stacks of fish).

Of course, this is a lot harder to automate, but perhaps a large enough tank could replicate this kind of yield?
Spoiler
Show
I think what we need to do is maximize the amount of water around the dynamite. Having the sticks drop one at a time onto a single block, with every other block within dynamite range being a water block, is probably going to yield the maximum results. The question is, what is the radius of effect?

The other difficulty is then gathering the fish off the top.
Design idea.... Back to creative mode!
Last edited by TheAnarchitect on Tue May 01, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

More discussion of redneck-fishing:
Spoiler
Show
TheAnarchitect wrote: I think what we need to do is maximize the amount of water around the dynamite. Having the sticks drop one at a time onto a single block, with every other block within dynamite range being a water block, is probably going to yield the maximum results. The question is, what is the radius of effect?

The other difficulty is then gathering the fish off the top.

Design idea.... Back to creative mode!
If you are right (and I think you probably are), then an optimized explosion would take place before the dynamite hits the ground, so that its blast radius is completely surrounded by water.

Also, should we be creating a new thread to talk about this?
Last edited by Eriottosan on Tue May 01, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added Redneck Fishing. Yeehaaaaa!
Obligatory
Spoiler
Show
[backtowork]
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere