Power Pistons!

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
existificate

Power Pistons!

Post by existificate »

So, whether or not we approve of Notch's pistons is beside the point. Here's the thing:

We've got pistons.

You put goo on a piston, and you've got a sticky piston.

It would be great to put redstone on a piston and have a power piston. I can think of some
interesting contraptions already, and I'm sure you can too!

Just, uh.. throwing stuff out there today. A friend and I had a very long discussion last night
about redstone, circuitry, BTW, and the future of Minecraft in general. This was an idea he had.
walker_boh_65

Re: Power Pistons!

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Well maybe to enhance your idea just a little bit, BTW is all about mechanical power so similar to what you said, maybe if you attach an axle to the back of a piston it will extend and retract at a set time? every second ot chances maybe? or something along those lines
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

That would simplify the problem of clocks and timers in Minecraft to the point where it wouldn't exist. FC has already expressed his desire to keep and set limitations, because it encourages creativity and flexibility. I agree that both of those things are pretty good ideas, but they seem overpowered compared to how vMC and the BTW mod work. Also, both of these things have basically already been produced with the turntable.

I hate how I can be intelligent one second and a complete idiot the next. ._.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

PureZaros wrote:That would simplify the problem of clocks and timers in Minecraft to the point where it wouldn't exist. FC has already expressed his desire to keep and set limitations, because it encourages creativity and flexibility. I agree that both of those things are pretty good ideas, but they seem overpowered compared to how vMC and the BTW mod work. Also, both of these things have basically already been produced with the turntable.

I was just thinking how it could somehow fit into the mod, i keep forgetting about those turntables though, and i know it needed something to stop it from being way to powerful a block, but already can be accomplished no need for it then
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I would also like to point out that Block Dispensers can already be used to make self-modifying circuitry of the kind that would be available if a piston could push redstone.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

And you can do the exact same thing with a sticky pistons as well
existificate

Post by existificate »

PureZaros wrote:That would simplify the problem of clocks and timers in Minecraft to the point where it wouldn't exist. FC has already expressed his desire to keep and set limitations, because it encourages creativity and flexibility. I agree that both of those things are pretty good ideas, but they seem overpowered compared to how vMC and the BTW mod work. Also, both of these things have basically already been produced with the turntable.

Well, when you put it that way, you're right. I'm just in an idea-tossing mood today! ^.^; Sorry!

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll try to think out my suggestions more thoroughly in the future.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Pistons can already be used as circuit breakers/completers without them having to push redstone. They just push a block in between a repeater facing the block and some redstone, and power gets conducted through that block. Pull the block back, and power is stopped.

Is probs what battosay meant but he didn't explain it.
unufnfu

Post by unufnfu »

+1
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Cya ya. :)

*waves*