Huh. Weird exposion, possibly of a BD.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MoRmEnGiL

Huh. Weird exposion, possibly of a BD.

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

So, I'm using MC 1.2.4 and the latest btw version, only other mod is more stackables by risugami.

Some days ago I made a quick autologger so I don't have to manually place logs in front of saws (This world is a 1.7.3 world that only is only recently being updated to new stuff happening in vMC and BtW)

It's as simple as a clock controled BD placing logs infront of a saw, with 2 hoppers below.

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show

Just a couple of minutes ago, while I just activated the setup with 2 full stacks of birch wood in the BD and started walking away, I felt an explosion, turned around and to my shock saw this:
Spoiler
Show

I really have no explanation for it. The BD is gone, as is the better part of the clock plus half of a 4 moulding fake plank and a part of the floor. I had the audio muted unfortunately, so didn't get to hear what sound it made if any. Also due to the shock I didn't notice if I took any damage.

The explosion seems to be either centered on the redstone dust (where the hole in the floor is) or it is a very weird directional explosion of the bd directed to the right, as no glass on the left is missing. I'm really at a loss on what to assume.

I'm sure this is a bug of some sorts,but I don't have enough information to file a bug report, and I'm not sure whether it is vMC bug or BtW bug..

Thoughts?
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
rhacer

Re: Huh. Weird exposion, possibly of a BD.

Post by rhacer »

Really dumb question, but as it happened to me because I was stupid...

Did you happen to get anything unsawable like a stone block in front of the blade?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Since it's a creeper-sized hole, my guess is a creeper. BD don't have any way of blowing up themselves, but they are rather prone to other explosions.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Let me clarify: There was nothing appart from those 2 stacks of logs in the bd, and I physicaly cannot place anything in front of the saw because it is (was)encased in glass.

As for creeper, it is 100% impossible, because the entire area is lit up with probably 3 times the required torches, and I was there for around 5-10 minutes, so if there was a creeper anywhere around he would have gotten to me earlier. He couldn't have snuck up on me from another area, I have literally a torch every 4 blocks everywhere.

The only way it could have been a creeper is if he spawned somewhere below in a dark spot, and glitched up through several layers of stone to get me. And I'm not even sure if that is possible, because below that exact spot should be my flower and seed farm which is automatically lit up when I'm not inside.

Also, there was no tnt around, and I have yet to make any dynamite.

EDIT: Lol. I just took a second look at the pictures. The amount of torches is borderline ridiculous.
War..
War never changes.

Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

To me happend a similar thing, i have a stewing pot under it 9 netherrack to fire it and a 1 block thin wall between this room and another suddenly a explosion that hurts me but don't kill me. and only destroyed the wall( stewing pot was empty) (and yes i am sure it was a fresh one)
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

You'd be amazed at what the mob AI in 1.2 can do. You might have been less than 16 blocks from him at a certain time, they take quite a while to navigate down to you. If you were stopped in one place for some time... Even more reason for him to have found you eventually. BDs don't explode :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Well, my forensics analysis leads me to believe there is no way that explosion originated at the BD, so yea. (I wouldn't be mentioning bugs if it was possible for a bd to explode :P) I'm now certain that it was a vMC bug,because there is literally no place for monsters to spawn in a place that is connected to that area, absolutely none. So probably a creeper glitched somehow somewhere.

It is impossible he creeped up on me, because I was in the area for a while, and had my back to the dead end glass wall in the pictures, and then turned around to flick the lever, then turned around again to leave and then it happened, so I had a good 360 field of vision awareness,torches everywhere, only 2 ways out I was looking at the whole time, plus those lead to ridiculusly torched up areas too..

I swear to god, I'm scared of what things will be when even single player will use SMP code..
War..
War never changes.

Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

:<
no more ankle biting...

how am I going to do super hostile maps now? T_T