Rawny builds

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rawny

Rawny builds

Post by Rawny »

Hi all. I'm not looking for flowers so please... bash me, be harsh; how else does one improve? If its okay, I may use this thread as a small MC-BTW outlet.

I built this in my new world, cus that's what I do, I continuously start over. I temporarily converted to creative for the video because I'm torn, I don't know if I like it or not. It doesn't look quite right. Its only for show for now as it doesn't transmit the mechanical power yet specifically because I'm not certain if looks okay. Any suggestions?

Lots of moulding in there.

Video
http://youtu.be/ri1VTAAjlek

Picture here
Spoiler
Show
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
TheAnarchitect

Re: Rawny builds

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Very nice idea, good start on it.

Here's the requested brutality:

The tower itself needs to be symmetrical front to back. It looks somewhat deformed otherwise.

The base is too big for the tower. For something like this, you need at least a 4 to 1 ratio of tower to base, or it looks stunted.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

So... how do I pop a topic?

I should have just loved a little harder as theres a good thread here

Post subject: Show us your builds
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3574#p54388
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Rawny wrote:I should have just loved a little harder
That's what my last girlfriend told me... =,C

But anyways, just don't post in this topic anymore if you're done with it, let it die it's death, and use the other topic.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Hahaha, "I should have just loved a little harder" how do I make a type-o like that.

I really wasn't happy with the first one so I nuked it, went into creative and racked my creativity for something different. Here it is... redemption.

Pictures
Spoiler
Show
Video
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Wow, that is pretty awesome looking, like some kind of crazy airplane.

(Also, subscribed to your youtube. =D)
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Cool!
Thanks and thanks.
I've been meaning to do a lets play but I've also been meaning to do this and that and the other thing too.

It really does look like a plane, something out of steampunk or something, though I'm not a huge fan of steampunk.
Last edited by Rawny on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I must say I like your style. it isn't the sort of thing I would build but it is still pretty awesome.
:EDIT: not to say that what I make is always awesome but... um... I think I'll go now...
And HOW!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Why the cactus arm? Why 3 windmills? It doesn't provide any more power than one.

This is a perfect example of how creative mode effects design. You'd never toss down 3 windmills when one would do in survival, because you'd have to farm all that hemp.

Your first design is way better. It needs a little work on symmetry and proportion, but it has the practical look of a prairie windmill. I'd go back to perfecting that design. To give you some idea how much I like it, I've pretty much decided to build something similar when I set up my desert base.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Wow, Mr. FC is right, real good community here. I don't usually read or participate in forums but started to in the Minecraft BTW forum and had trouble keeping up with that one thread and here I'm feeling overwhelmed as there are zounds of BTW threads. My brains gonna explode! Lol.
This is a perfect example of how creative mode effects design. You'd never toss down 3 windmills when one would do in survival, because you'd have to farm all that hemp. -TheAnarchitect
Completely true. I when to creative to try and build something original, ended up with the tri-mill and rebuilt it legit. It was a pain but quite unfulfilled. long live backups cus its gone now. I don't use rope much, at least right now in the build, as I can't make a "permanent" windmill that I like, and the stuff just keep growing. I've got hemp a plenty.

I found my old world to show why I've been toying with windmills and I want to do something similar in this new world, a world that I want to try and keep around. Must fight the urge to start over. I don't want to use hardcore bucket mode but I also don't want 'magical' water to run my waterwheels. Something in the middle. If I can create the illusion of a windmill pumping water up to a place and them have that water 'power' my waterwheels, that looks good.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/iIMXYcdCDy4[/youtube](why this no work?)
http://youtu.be/iIMXYcdCDy4

I have to say that I really like Graphite's windmill. Nice, simple, looks good.
Spoiler
Show
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

That's a pretty cool Windmill pump to Aquaduct.

I understand what you mean about HCB and source blocks. In order to preserve my own suspension of disbelief I consider the infinite water to be "Pure Elemental water" Kind of an alchemically perfect water. In my BTB world, I always used pumps and spouts. Anytime I needed to use a source block for whatever reason, I would burn a diamond in sacrifice in order to make it cost something.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Okay, I'm finally happy with how my windmill looks and I've also started my aqueduct so that the waterwheels that I have inside have an actual 'reason' to be functioning. Still waiting for puppy treadmills though.

Picture
Spoiler
Show
Video This should be my last post in here and I'll let the thread die. Gonna post in this topic if I make anything interesting.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3574
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BTW man, good to see you made the jump over here. I didn't really make the connection until just now :)

I have a primarily visual memory, so a lot of times it takes me awhile to connect usernames to people if they aren't using the same avatar ;)