ExtraBiomesXL!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Yamboyz1

ExtraBiomesXL!

Post by Yamboyz1 »

I think I may have found one of the most amazing land generation mods ever.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/109 ... trabiomes/

But it uses forge. (Shoots himself)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Graphite

Re: ExtraBiomesXL!

Post by Graphite »

That wasteland biome would be such a marvelous place for some huge buildcraft factory/refinery :P
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

My personal favorites are the marsh, the redwood lush, and the woodlands. But I can have none of them. (Shoots himself again)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Wow, that looks good. I always knew MC could use a big biome rework, looks like this one hit the spot.

Do you think they took extra precautions to stop conflicting biomes from being too close to one another?
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Wow, they look pretty amazing.
I personally like mountain ridge, savanna, redwood lush looks very realistic, and savanna and wasteland are just perfect for some big factory.
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Yamboyz1 wrote:My personal favorites are the marsh, the redwood lush, and the woodlands. But I can have none of them. (Shoots himself again)

These are pretty amazing, not sure about he marsh though. There appears to be inconsistent depth to the blocks and it looks quite deep in in some areas. It almost looks like a labyrinth that is filled with water. I'll grant you it looks like a marsh on the surface if you ignore teh depth.

Also it would be cool if he made the width of redwoods wider , Maybe 3x3 or 5x5 and shear off the squared edges making it rounder.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I played around with this a few weeks ago, it didn't use forge then. I can tell you that it doesn't make any effort to stop conflicting biomes whatsoever.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Cheers Yamboyz1 for pointing this out.
It looks utterly fantastic.
I am so sick of jungles everywhere. Jungle jungle jungle...

Edit: They have a non-Forge version there now. It seems that it doesn't modify any of base classes that BTW modifies. However it does modify a LOT of base classes
BrushEnthusiast

Post by BrushEnthusiast »

My god, it's beautiful.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Great, I just started a new playthrough after finding an interesting setting with the Wedge Worldgenerator. Now there's definitely another new start in order, if this mod is compatible after the official api is released! :)
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Ok, I just looked at some of the biomes in the add-on for this mod which I actually didn't see before.
Along with my other favorite biomes, I also like the mystic forest, the tropics, the wheat field, and the oasis.

-Abraham Lincoln
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Yamboyz1 wrote:Ok, I just looked at some of the biomes in the add-on for this mod which I actually didn't see before.
Along with my other favorite biomes, I also like the mystic forest, the tropics, the wheat field, and the oasis.
Yeah, I've seen that one when I first looked trough the opening post, looks great, the wheat field is incredibly scenic.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Looks really nice, has anyone compared the non-forge one to the main one? It says it still has all the biomes without the extra blocks, but some of the biomes seem to be defined by the extra blocks.
BrushEnthusiast

Post by BrushEnthusiast »

gftweek wrote:Looks really nice, has anyone compared the non-forge one to the main one? It says it still has all the biomes without the extra blocks, but some of the biomes seem to be defined by the extra blocks.
Yeah, I was just wondering the same thing myself. I've installed it and am currently searching for special biomes, specifically a mountain ridge and a wasteland. I'll let you know when I've found them.

EDIT: Huh. It appears that the wasteland is made of sandstone. There is a an add-on for a sandstone plateau that looks just like this, but I did not install it.

EDITx2: Well, I really have no idea what to make of this. I've found a large mountainous region made of sandstone. There's a mountain desert biome in the mod, but it uses sand, not sandstone.
Spoiler
Show
Also, I've found a grassy mountain region that doesn't seem to resemble extreme hills or any vanilla biome. This might also be the mountain ridge.
Spoiler
Show
Also, this.
Spoiler
Show
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Extrabiomes classic doesn't really add anything interesting to world gen: It's not really worth the experiment. The regular version was frigging beautiful.

The problem is that they take up soooooo many block IDs. He says he's going to shift to using damage values next update, which will keep down the block ID number. Also, none of the new flowers have any use. I wish the purple flowers made purple die, etc...
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

This looks really cool, but if they do indeed not make any allowances for conflicting biome types, that would take a lot out of it for me.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Eh, an enormous amount of IDs shouldn't be a problem after we get those 4096 Block IDs.

EDIT: Wow, that hill-village is pretty cool, I like it!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

On the bright side, MrFiber recently asked FC about which elements of the Forge were used due to people wanting to combine the two mods. He looks as if he wants to find a way to gain compatibility with BTW, so who knows.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
OneTripleZero

Post by OneTripleZero »

Ribky wrote:On the bright side, MrFiber recently asked FC about which elements of the Forge were used due to people wanting to combine the two mods.
I think its awesome that BTW is becoming a new standard.
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for Humanity - Horace Mann