Un-Nerf Tower Grinders

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Panda

Un-Nerf Tower Grinders

Post by Panda »

So as many of you know in the 1.2 prereleases you were able to build a super efficient mob grinder above the height of 200. These was super effective but no mere easy task to build. Would it be valid to ask for this to be un nerfed? Hostiles currentally cannot spawn from 129-256. This make tall buildings less dangerous in my opinion too...

P.S. please please please lol
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Un-Nerf Tower Grinders

Post by FlowerChild »

No. I don't like the sky-traps. They nerfed regular mob-traps, which is what I do like.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

I definitely support this, as my four level, 64x64, xp grinder megatrap would be destroyed. It was no easy task to build, and any sky mob tràps are as difficult, if not even more so to build than those in the ground.
They are just different methods, and it's just one small step towards making effective mob traps.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

The great randomo wrote: and any sky mob tràps are as difficult, if not even more so to build than those in the ground.
Not really. Ground level mob traps are a reward for preparing a large area of your map correctly over a period of time, and are as such 'end game' buildings. Sky traps reward for you for mining a few stacks of cobble.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Would it be possible to make it so that hostiles spawn above 128, but only with an area of 64x64 at a low light level, so that sky traps are still possible, but only late game?
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: Not really. Ground level mob traps are a reward for preparing a large area of your map correctly over a period of time, and are as such 'end game' buildings. Sky traps reward for you for mining a few stacks of cobble.
Bang on man.
The great randomo wrote:Would it be possible to make it so that hostiles spawn above 128, but only with an area of 64x64 at a low light level, so that sky traps are still possible, but only late game?
No. I'm not touching anything with regards to facilitating sky-traps. I am sure there are plenty of other mod-authors that will, so go download one of those.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

If you want a good layout of an underground trap hit me up, not sure how effective it would be in 1.2 as yet but its easy for me to dig one out real quick in a fresh world using TMI for the picks and hand it off to someone to test how it works in 1.2.

If you wanna be the tester pm me and I'll have a super effective 1.1 setup for you....course I could just do it anyways and stick it in off topic for someone to try out.....actualy I'm going to do that.
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

Tip of the day...

Build a mob trap anywhere, then go exploring, mining, and crafting. As you do more of that, your mob trap gets better, giving you a shiny sense of pleasure, a.k.a. Risk vs. Reward.
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

The thing is, most mob traps these days have to be either afk types, or piston based, none of which is a good substitute for a good old fashioned trap.. Tower grinders as they briefly were in 1.2 prereleases were broken good, to the point of ridiculousness. Going from one end to the other is not the way to go really.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said