New Release! (BTW V3.52)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.52)

Post by FlowerChild »

Catox wrote:thanks for the update !
I managed to make some sort of proximity detector with this new light sensor.
This additions seems to open to many possibilities ^__^
Hehe...yeah, I can't believe I forgot about that aspect of the Lens. It was in the design for it, but it just totally slipped my mind while working out all the beam logic.

Anyways, this part was easy, probably taking under an hour to implement. I think I actually spent more time waiting for the sun to rise and set to test it than actually coding the thing ;)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Yay! I didn't believe there would be an update any time soon, considering the whole ID-extension deal. I'm glad your teeth (and sockets) are better.

But excuse me, I must now make haste to create a massive nighttime moat for my base.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I will wait for the 1.2 update to quench my BTW thirst. For now, I'm sticking with 1.2. :(
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Ooooh, sludge.

Even more reason to get off my ass and get the PC set up again today.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

I'm happy you removed the recipes, but I'm seriously flustered about this =P
Nice release! Blocks, fixes, new functionalities. Very good.

I believe this won't be compatible with BTB, am I right?
Kain Magin

Post by Kain Magin »

Wow. If youre rolling out this update with all the new features, i'm almost scared what'll be included when you update to MC 1.2. ^^ "Better Than Wolves (But not cats... Maybe Golems?) ... lol

Well, I've got my cat army ready and 2 Iron Golems waiting and ready for whatever you throw at us next ^^
FlowerChild wrote:"Fuck me".
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

embirrim wrote: I believe this won't be compatible with BTB, am I right?
It should be compatible, unless otherwise mentioned.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Thanks for the update as always FC. Here I was thinking to myself that I wouldn't have anything to do today. ;)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

What is the light level required to trip the light detector?
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Oh wow, looks like I got back just in time :)
Thanks man ! =)

So :
FlowerChild wrote: -Added Nether Sludge and Nether Bricks as new items.
Wut ? What's that ? :p
-Added the ability to use the Lens as a light-level detector when used in combination with a Detector Block. Just point a Lens directly at a Detector Block (in a neighboring block), and off you go!
Hell yeah, awesome :)
-Added the ability to shift-click items into the Anvil crafting-grid. Also added this same functionality to the vanilla workbench, and furnace. This should make mass crafting, particularly of storage-type blocks, much more convenient.
*minecraft boner* Ohhhh yes :)
This one is gonna help me so much :)
-Added the ability to render Ink Sacks into glue at an 8 to 1 conversion ratio.
That's gonna help me get rid of that Ink sacks into my mobtraps, cool :)
-Added the ability to rotate the following blocks on the Turntable (if they have the correct orientations to make this possible): Anchor, Siding, Moulding, Corner.
Mmmhhh, this gave me some ideas ... interesting :)
-Added the ability for the Block Dispenser to spit out items into blocks that are normally "replaceable" (eg. water, lava, snow, etc.). It should now eject items under the same circumstances under which it can place blocks.
Thanks for this one ;)
-Added a separate texture for the top block of Hemp plants. This is to allow texture-pack creators to create an independent image for the top, but I also made a slight change to the default texture to take advantage of this. Note that this will only work if the tops of the plants are freshly grown; old tops will remain unaffected by this change.
Why not :p
-Added sheep running away when the player attempts to apply Dung to them. They don't like that.
Oh, I thought they already did :p
-Changed how the Block Dispenser places redstone repeaters so that they are always facing away from the Block Dispenser. This is useful in employing the BD as a base-3 memory unit.
That's not gonna be helpfull in this situation ;)
Though I have some design to fix now, I think. How the BD will place the delaye if it's facing down now ?

-Changed (reduced) the volume of the sound that clay and Unfired Pottery make when being rotated on the Turntable. This is to make the sound less overwhelming in large-scale automated setups.
Good idea !
On the same spirit, any chance to remove the constant sound from the mill stone ?
So that it only makes noise when it's "chewing" something ?
-Changed the Mill Stone Gui to display its contents horizontally instead of vertically. The vertical display was due to an old feature idea that got scrapped long ago, with the horizontal making far more sense for the way it operates.
Gah, I hate making GUI textures :p
-Fixed problem with water-flow not being able to transport items over Planters (those that don't contain soul sand...such planters will still stop item flow, just like with regular soul sand).
You owe me 5 stacks of wheat because of this one :p
Took me a while to figure out wtf was going on, glad to see it fixed :)
-Removed the ability to use Foul Food as fertilizer. Too much potential for abuse.
Oh ? Can't you just remove the donut -> fool food recipe ?
-Removed the ability to push Axles with pistons to prevent exploits involving the creation of infinite mechanical energy loops.
Argh. Can we discuss this one ?
I don't really like this one :/ Was that the only viable option ?
Because there's a lot of cool stuff to do with piston pushing axles. And it kinda feel weird, beeing able to move a huge block of stone, but not a tiny stick.

Anyways, great update bro, even if there's no new epic bloc (yet ;) ), I love most of it, that's gonna help me a lot :)
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

20 more vids coming from the guy who named himself a variation of the most epic anime character in the world....just so happens said person is equally epic.....if for other reasons, keep making my jaw drop with your massive builds.

Loved some of your tuts too, helped me major.

As this update does not affect me as of yet I'm going to download it but hold off on installing as I need a clean install to update correct?

Also assuming it won't affect BTB as you didn't post it, so I expect to update soonish when I decide to not be lazy....unless someone says I can just overwrite current files without reinstalling.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

DreamsofFury wrote:As this update does not affect me as of yet I'm going to download it but hold off on installing as I need a clean install to update correct?
Yeah, I've hit the same snag, updated my clean install to get a new version file to plomp down in my BTW install. Woe is me.

EDIT: scratch that, found a clean jar :). GOOD FING I ISH ZO SMARTZ EH?
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Poppycocks wrote:Yeah, I've hit the same snag, updated my clean install to get a new version file to plomp down in my BTW install. Woe is me.

EDIT: scratch that, found a clean jar :). GOOD FING I ISH ZO SMARTZ EH?
Just realized I have a clean .jar from when I was failing to install the first time, thanks for reminding me, might update sooner....still wanna be positive if BTB is still compatible just to be sure so I can remove the piping I have before hand.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Great! Once my pain goes away, I'll give it a whirl
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Gilberreke wrote:Great! Once my pain goes away, I'll give it a whirl
Which one?

I hope you're not waiting for all of 'em to stop :P.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

YAY! another update! ^^ I can't wait to have my nether factories up and running. no one gives a crap about pollution there.
And HOW!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Oh and btw, you mixed-up the texture for the beam from the lens and the new Roller block ;)
I'll make a bug report for that one, to make sure you don't miss it :p
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Poppycocks wrote:Which one?

Turns out that the pain I was complaining about is an abscess on a tooth's root, so my whole face is swollen and the pain is unbearable, unless I take painkillers that make me unable to do much of anything.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Small question. What was the reason behind rollers to slats change?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Since you can now place it, it would be weird to call a roller something flat, wouldn't it ? ;)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Battosay wrote:Since you can now place it, it would be weird to call a roller something flat, wouldn't it ? ;)
Ah yes. forgot it couldn't be placed before, as wickers and grates were already palceable.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Gilberreke wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:Which one?

Turns out that the pain I was complaining about is an abscess on a tooth's root, so my whole face is swollen and the pain is unbearable, unless I take painkillers that make me unable to do much of anything.
Ouch man, sorry to hear that.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

oh, pity, I was expecting nether sludge to be also used as substitute for clay blocks, allowing for total nether soul urn automation, what with the bloodwood->potash recipes and all. Oh well =D
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

embirrim wrote:oh, pity, I was expecting nether sludge to be also used as substitute for clay blocks, allowing for total nether soul urn automation, what with the bloodwood->potash recipes and all. Oh well =D
Oh wow, not bad.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yay! A point by point with Battosay to kick off the day :)
Battosay wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: -Added Nether Sludge and Nether Bricks as new items.
Wut ? What's that ? :p
Hehe...I knew you'd like that one. I also suspect you stand the best chance of legitimately figuring out the recipe given your profession, so get cracking ;)
Battosay wrote:
-Added the ability to shift-click items into the Anvil crafting-grid. Also added this same functionality to the vanilla workbench, and furnace. This should make mass crafting, particularly of storage-type blocks, much more convenient.
*minecraft boner* Ohhhh yes :)
This one is gonna help me so much :)
Yeah, I hated that myself. Was ALWAYS trying to shift-click to crafting, and getting pissed off when it didn't work.
Battosay wrote:
-Added the ability to render Ink Sacks into glue at an 8 to 1 conversion ratio.
That's gonna help me get rid of that Ink sacks into my mobtraps, cool :)
Same. I was getting sick of all the ink-sacks building up in mine.
Battosay wrote:
-Added the ability for the Block Dispenser to spit out items into blocks that are normally "replaceable" (eg. water, lava, snow, etc.). It should now eject items under the same circumstances under which it can place blocks.
Thanks for this one ;)
No prob. It was weird that it didn't work to begin with.
Battosay wrote:
-Added sheep running away when the player attempts to apply Dung to them. They don't like that.
Oh, I thought they already did :p
Nah, it just wouldn't work on them. Decided to give a bit of comical feedback as to why.
Battosay wrote:
-Changed how the Block Dispenser places redstone repeaters so that they are always facing away from the Block Dispenser. This is useful in employing the BD as a base-3 memory unit.
That's not gonna be helpfull in this situation ;)
Though I have some design to fix now, I think. How the BD will place the delaye if it's facing down now ?
Hehe...I am interested in seeing what you do with a 3-state toggle switch man.
Battosay wrote:
-Changed (reduced) the volume of the sound that clay and Unfired Pottery make when being rotated on the Turntable. This is to make the sound less overwhelming in large-scale automated setups.
Good idea !
On the same spirit, any chance to remove the constant sound from the mill stone ?
So that it only makes noise when it's "chewing" something ?
That was a request from Ren during a recent L.P. actually. And yeah, I've been considering that for the Mill Stone for awhile. Makes sense, and will add it to my list.
Battosay wrote:
-Removed the ability to use Foul Food as fertilizer. Too much potential for abuse.
Oh ? Can't you just remove the donut -> fool food recipe ?
Nah, it would just be exploited in other ways. That feature was really a remnant both before food automation was really possible (so it wasn't such a glaring design-flaw), and from a moment of weakness when I actually responded to a "Why no foul-food do something?!" post on MCF. I won't let it happen again ;)
Battosay wrote:
--Removed the ability to push Axles with pistons to prevent exploits involving the creation of infinite mechanical energy loops.
Argh. Can we discuss this one ?
I don't really like this one :/ Was that the only viable option ?
Because there's a lot of cool stuff to do with piston pushing axles. And it kinda feel weird, beeing able to move a huge block of stone, but not a tiny stick.
Sure, feel free to start up a separate thread (I guess in suggestions) to discuss this one, and please provide examples of what it is you are doing with it.

I don't really agree on it feeling weird though due to axles being connected to other axles and gear boxes. I actually found it felt kinda weird being able to just push them into and out of place as a result.