New Release! (BTW V3.52)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.52)

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Husbag3 wrote:Somebody say something stupid or funny so that I can get a new signature! ;)
I just found my new signature
And HOW!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys, please stop with the off-topic.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Finally got around to playing with the nether sludge! Automating it was a little harder as I always use saws on my Blood wood(or all my tree farms for that matter), but I enjoyed the extra challege to make it use a BD so I could use Pipes to move the wood! Thanks for all your hard work on this!
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Sky_Som wrote:Finally got around to playing with the nether sludge! Automating it was a little harder as I always use saws on my Blood wood(or all my tree farms for that matter), but I enjoyed the extra challege to make it use a BD so I could use Pipes to move the wood! Thanks for all your hard work on this!
Yknow, the saw dust can be rendered into potash too (16:1) which is probably the more suitable method for automating it.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Stormweaver wrote: Yknow, the saw dust can be rendered into potash too (16:1) which is probably the more suitable method for automating it.
Oooh thanks for that, I thought it couldn't. That's pertty neat!
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

embirrim wrote: Oooh thanks for that, I thought it couldn't. That's pertty neat!
Yeah, that's new this release. It's in the changelog.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Well I for one am very exciting about the mystery. We live in a world of instant gratification and short attention spans, so I think it's very refreshing to have to work for something.

Some people are more excited about what they can do with the new items/blocks, which is fine, but please don't dumb the challenges down on their account! :P

If you want the community to work the challenges out and allow people to post in the release thread, it will likely spoil it for anyone late to the party. A better approach might be restrict any discussion of "how" from the release thread and start a seperate thread where you are the only one to post hints. Perhaps also making use of the spoiler tabs? Give a vague impression and then gradually give more detail via the spoilers/crazy non-related videos ;).

E.g. Spoiler 1: A new item and block
Spoiler 2: Related to the nether
Spoiler 3: The item and block are related
Spoiler X: Nether sludge made by... etc

Whatever you decide I am sure it will be painfully pleasurable.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

who is still figuring out nether sludge? i've blown up alot of cauldrons by now...
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Not sure, but you tried doing it in the Nether?
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Stormweaver wrote: Yknow, the saw dust can be rendered into potash too (16:1) which is probably the more suitable method for automating it.
Yea, I know, but I wanted the extra challenge of doing it a different way, rather than building another set of what a design a already use, plus it's more efficient.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som