New Release! (BTW V3.52)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW V3.52)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 3.52 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Added Nether Sludge and Nether Bricks as new items.

-Added the ability to use the Lens as a light-level detector when used in combination with a Detector Block. Just point a Lens directly at a Detector Block (in a neighboring block), and off you go!

-Added a placeable version of the Slats (see name change of Rollers below) that functions in the same way as iron bars or glass panes.

-Added ability to create Potash out of Blood Wood (1 to 1), and Saw/Soul Dust (16 to 1 ).

-Added the ability to shift-click items into the Anvil crafting-grid. Also added this same functionality to the vanilla workbench, and furnace. This should make mass crafting, particularly of storage-type blocks, much more convenient.

-Added the ability to render Ink Sacks into glue at an 8 to 1 conversion ratio.

-Added the ability to rotate the following blocks on the Turntable (if they have the correct orientations to make this possible): Anchor, Siding, Moulding, Corner.

-Added the ability for the Block Dispenser to spit out items into blocks that are normally "replaceable" (eg. water, lava, snow, etc.). It should now eject items under the same circumstances under which it can place blocks.

-Added a separate texture for the top block of Hemp plants. This is to allow texture-pack creators to create an independent image for the top, but I also made a slight change to the default texture to take advantage of this. Note that this will only work if the tops of the plants are freshly grown; old tops will remain unaffected by this change.

-Added sheep running away when the player attempts to apply Dung to them. They don't like that.

-Changed the name of the "Rollers" to "Slats", and changed the textures representing them to reflect this.

-Changed how the Block Dispenser places redstone repeaters so that they are always facing away from the Block Dispenser. This is useful in employing the BD as a base-3 memory unit.

-Changed (reduced) the volume of the sound that clay and Unfired Pottery make when being rotated on the Turntable. This is to make the sound less overwhelming in large-scale automated setups.

-Changed the Mill Stone Gui to display its contents horizontally instead of vertically. The vertical display was due to an old feature idea that got scrapped long ago, with the horizontal making far more sense for the way it operates.

-Fixed problem with the Block Dispenser not being able to place Blood Wood Saplings on Planters that contain soul sand.

-Fixed problem with water-flow not being able to transport items over Planters (those that don't contain soul sand...such planters will still stop item flow, just like with regular soul sand).

-Fixed problem with Water Wheels and Wind Mills catching fire due to being hit with flaming arrows, and displaying a huge flame sprite as a result.

-Removed the ability to use Foul Food as fertilizer. Too much potential for abuse.

-Removed the ability to push Axles with pistons to prevent exploits involving the creation of infinite mechanical energy loops.

Enjoy! :)
morvelaira

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.52)

Post by morvelaira »

*Exercises right of Prima Squee-ti*

I'll say more lovely things once I'm not in a raid instance <3
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.52 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Enjoy! :)
And here I was about to get something productive done! Can't wait to try out this Nether Sludge stuff!
Last edited by Sky_Som on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added Nether Sludge and Nether Bricks as new items.
Very nice :)
FlowerChild wrote: -Added the ability to use the Lens as a light-level detector when used in combination with a Detector Block. Just point a Lens directly at a Detector Block (in a neighboring block), and off you go!
I don't get what you mean with this one. Does it just activate the detector block when the light level exceeds a certain amount?
FlowerChild wrote: -Changed how the Block Dispenser places redstone repeaters so that they are always facing away from the Block Dispenser. This is useful in employing the BD as a base-3 memory unit.
<3
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added sheep running away when the player attempts to apply Dung to them. They don't like that.
This is why I love this mod. Thanks for the update, FC!
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

New release! Awesome as always, FC :D
Quality comes before quantity.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're welcome guys! Just a small release to get back in the saddle after returning victorious from tooth-ache hell ;)
BinoAl wrote: I don't get what you mean with this one. Does it just activate the detector block when the light level exceeds a certain amount?
Yup, exactly. When placed directly facing a Detector Block, the Lens focuses just enough of the ambient light to trigger the DB should it be at a sufficient level.
Skyte Aero

Post by Skyte Aero »

-Added the ability to rotate the following blocks on the Turntable (if they have the correct orientations to make this possible): Anchor, Siding, Moulding, Corner.
I am really excited about this. Been out of Minecraft for a while, but had an idea about a hidden chest. Wanted to use 2 panels, that rotate opposite directions to give access to it. Now I can give it a shot.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Skyte Aero wrote: I am really excited about this. Been out of Minecraft for a while, but had an idea about a hidden chest. Wanted to use 2 panels, that rotate opposite directions to give access to it. Now I can give it a shot.
Really? Wow man, I thought that feature was completely useless, but just put it in because I needed the rotation functionality anyways so that the blocks would place properly with the BuildCraft Builders.

Glad to hear you have a use for it, and that actually does sound kinda cool :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote: Yup, exactly. When placed directly facing a Detector Block, the Lens focuses just enough of the ambient light to trigger the DB should it be at a sufficient level.
Aha, alright. So, this essentially allows us to make day/night detectors then? I've been looking forward to that functionality :)
Schmitty

Post by Schmitty »

Very nice. I'm just trying to find out how to get Nether Sludge.

Although I have noticed something interesting with the lens. The texture for the placeable slats has taken over the slot for the projection block sent out by the lens. And now my giant phallus like projection looks like it's made out of slats.

http://darkdemon.org/user-files/13226/1330840972.png
Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy, Come marching home
Brave soldier boy, Comes marching home
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote: Aha, alright. So, this essentially allows us to make day/night detectors then? I've been looking forward to that functionality :)
Yup, that's right. I've fully tested it for the day/night cycle, and it should also eventually make for some devious traps in SMP where it'll trigger if you put a torch in a darkened room, and that kind of thing.

I was planning on rigging up a series of lamp-posts using Lenses for both light-level detection and signal transmission in my main world tonight ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Schmitty wrote:Very nice. I'm just trying to find out how to get Nether Sludge.

Although I have noticed something interesting with the lens. The texture for the placeable slats has taken over the slot for the projection block sent out by the lens. And now my giant phallus like projection looks like it's made out of slats.

http://darkdemon.org/user-files/13226/1330840972.png
Ah...fuck. Bug. Will get right on it. Sorry about that one guys. I overwrote the Lens texture because I didn't notice it due to its semi-transparency.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Great stuff. Can you drop some hints in how to make nethersludge? I tried cooking ground netherrack with all kinds of stuff in both cauldron and crucible with no luck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:Great stuff. Can you drop some hints in how to make nethersludge? I tried cooking ground netherrack with all kinds of stuff in both cauldron and crucible with no luck.
Nope. Suffer ;)

The process is logical if you consider all the properties of the various mod blocks and items. I will say no more on the subject.

Post by 001010 »

Wait is this release for 1.1 or 1.2? I figured it was for 1.1 so I tried installing it on that but it's not working, not sure if it's an install error or if I'm installing it on the wrong version..
Last edited by 001010 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

001010 wrote:Wait is this release for 1.1 or 1.2? I figured it was for 1.1 so i tried installing it on that but it's not working, not sure if it's an install error or if im installing it on the wrong version..
1.1. I'd list it in the change-log otherwise.

Post by 001010 »

FlowerChild wrote:1.1. I'd list it in the change-log otherwise.
Right, thanks.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Yay! A new release! I've been looking forward to one of these! The nether sludge should be fun... if I can figure out how to make it, that is...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.52 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!
-Added Nether Sludge and Nether Bricks as new items.

-Added ability to create Potash out of Blood Wood (1 to 1), and Saw/Soul Dust (16 to 1 ).

-Fixed problem with Water Wheels and Wind Mills catching fire due to being hit with flaming arrows, and displaying a huge flame sprite as a result.
-nether Stuff? Yay!

-why do we want more potash again?

-giant fires, i will miss you.
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added the ability to shift-click items into the Anvil crafting-grid. Also added this same functionality to the vanilla workbench, and furnace. This should make mass crafting, particularly of storage-type blocks, much more convenient.
This is GREAT, thanks. I've long been annoyed I couldn't do that.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Ooh, thanks for the new release FC!

I may.. or may not... have clapped a little in joy at the sludge and the shift-clicking.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Okay, so using TMI, I got some sludge, and from it's similar look to a clay ball, I put it in a furnace, and it baked into a netherbrick.
Still don't know how to make it yet.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

I hope this is the place to discuss it. I tried combining ground netherrack, soul sand, foul food, dung, regular netherrack, empty bucket, water bucket in a stewing pot, superheated and normal. Also tried on anvil. None of those combos had any effect.

If it looks like a clay ball, maybe clay is involved? I hope not, I don't have that much clay. Great to be able to make netherbricks, though.
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

so, nether sludge.

game-realism says not the crucible. or kiln.
stoked cauldron blew up in my face.
not the hopper. [GHAST? FUUUUU!!!!]
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: open at own risk ^