How to wire a 3x3 floor of Hibachis?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Enolamron

Re: How to wire a 3x3 floor of Hibachis?

Post by Enolamron »

Great post, it had me spend hours trying to figure out the most compact way I could make my workshop. Not really the wiring but floor space. Some nice designs there but I thought I would post my final plan for my hibachi room. It uses more materials and goes in to the ground more but I didn't care about that.
Spoiler
Show
I took the screenshots at night. If they are tough to see, I will take others. This setup allows me to get my pot, crucible and kiln pretty darn close to each other. If you see any way I could make it a bit more compact without losing floor space, please let me know.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

I like the detector blck style. I actually cheered when I saw it it was so cool. Good idea. Once established detector blocks are plentiful but I'm a Scrooge when it comes to spending mah diamonds.

Idea, if you're not using hard core buckets use water flow, like from a vMC dispenser to trigger the detectors. Much cheaper.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Enolamron

Post by Enolamron »

Rawny wrote:I like the detector blck style. I actually cheered when I saw it it was so cool. Good idea. Once established detector blocks are plentiful but I'm a Scrooge when it comes to spending mah diamonds.

Idea, if you're not using hard core buckets use water flow, like from a vMC dispenser to trigger the detectors. Much cheaper.

I love working with redstone and trying to figure out how to bypass the the easy method. I do see how I could of used two or three less redstone. I think I could of just bumped up the switch one block higher and moved the first repeater. I will have to test that and see why I didn't do that in the first place.

Edit:

After checking about losing the two redstone, I found I can't. It needs to be like that to power the redstone under but I did figure out how to shave one more off the length.

Updated design
Spoiler
Show
Once I get farther up the tech tree I might upgrade to the detector blocks, that is a very nice setup. Right now, I am still learning BTW and want to take my time getting to the end. People on the server are flying through things and trying to give me stuff but I want to learn the mod and enjoy it so I kindly have to turn them down. I haven't even set up my crucible yet because wanted to get my floor plan designed first.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I've posted this before in the useful builds thread but this is my design you might want to have a look at:
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: It's a 3 long tilable design, shouldn't be too hard to work it out but just one note, the emerald block need direct power rather than indirect power.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Enolamron

Post by Enolamron »

Husbag3 wrote:I've posted this before in the useful builds thread but this is my design you might want to have a look at:
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: It's a 3 long tilable design, shouldn't be too hard to work it out but just one note, the emerald block need direct power rather than indirect power.
Nice design, I have no emerald yet. Looking at my design again after work I trimmed 3 more redstone torches off. It's getting a bit smaller each time I look at it. I love messing with this shit.

Third attempt to shrink this bugger.
Spoiler
Show
I think this is as small as I can get it but who knows.
9 repeaters
7 torches
13 redstone
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

The blocks used are irrelevant, I just used it to signify the input block.
blithen

Post by blithen »

If you're going for a neat, but very resource consuming way, I use block detectors facing away from the bottom of the hibachi's, with redstone torches on them, and then use lens to trigger them. :P
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
Vellt480

Post by Vellt480 »

Man this great I can know get building my workshop with minimum resources!!!
Batman: Wanna know why i make amazing movies?
Superman:...Cause your Bat-
Batman: CAUSE IM BATMAN!
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Vellt480 wrote:Man this great I can know get building my workshop with minimum resources!!!
Truly minimal is just to stick levers straight on the hibachi.
blithen wrote:If you're going for a neat, but very resource consuming way, I use block detectors facing away from the bottom of the hibachi's, with redstone torches on them, and then use lens to trigger them. :P
There's two other approaches with block detectors I like, either use water underneath to turn off or add lenses to make light level detectors and you can trigger a whole large section with a single light block. Was considering this to allow flooding/clearing a large flat area (source blocks around sticky pistons). Water as the trigger is annoying for larger areas as you have to do a step down to keep the flow moving which means a large delay.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

For something different, design with zero repeaters:
Spoiler
Show
Off
On
The simple little trick that lets you avoid using repeaters on 3 sides
The double inverters on the bottom to power hibachi in front of bellows and center one
Same circuitry but on
Iakovosian

Post by Iakovosian »

Husbag3 wrote:I've posted this before in the useful builds thread but this is my design you might want to have a look at:
Spoiler
Show
I actually use something remarkably similar to this, except that I arrange the lower torches slightly differently. You can apply power to anywhere along the two redstone lines on the side, allowing you to have up to 29 sets of 3 hibachis (87 total) should you feel the need.
Spoiler
Show
It also has a nice effect of lighting them up in sequence. :)
"It's like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences."
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Ah, nice one Iakovosian, that's almost exactly how I do it :3.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I like it, yours allows for more versatility when powering it, you only need to power the redstone. not the block.
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

and how do u make 4 x 4 hibachis?:> with Bellows ;)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

gazelutza wrote:and how do u make 4 x 4 hibachis?:> with Bellows ;)
I think you would need multiple bellows since the will only stoke a 3x3 area of hibachi. I'll give it a go and come back to you.
Six

Post by Six »

You could tile 4 of the 3x3 designs, then stick 25 crucibles / cauldrons above it. Actually, this sounds like an okay idea... did I see one of these in a Battosay build?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Based on Samorost's great design:
Spoiler
Show

Bellows - Every bellows stokes a 3x3 area, which can only stoke one corner of the 4x4 square. The minimum amount of bellows you need is 4.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Six

Post by Six »

Itamarcu wrote:Based on Samorost's great design:
Spoiler
Show

Bellows - Every bellows stokes a 3x3 area, which can only stoke one corner of the 4x4 square. The minimum amount of bellows you need is 4.
Hence why you go totally overboard and push it out to 6x6, the max area you could get 4 bellows to cover ;)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

A single tile for 4 hibachis:
Spoiler
Show
A single tile for 6 hibachis:
Spoiler
Show
The gold blocks are the inputs, the iron blocks are to show that with each alternate tile the repeater can be changed to redstone and the block of lapis is to show that the block and the redstone on it are only needed for one tile.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Six wrote: Hence why you go totally overboard and push it out to 6x6, the max area you could get 4 bellows to cover ;)
But why limit yourself to the number of bellows?
Spoiler
Show
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

Itamarcu wrote:
Six wrote: Hence why you go totally overboard and push it out to 6x6, the max area you could get 4 bellows to cover ;)
But why limit yourself to the number of bellows?
Spoiler
Show

:D epic....but is to much....i try and make the 6x6 on the "It takes a Village" server after i post here.i just wanna see someone else ideas...thx