Redstone circuit for 3x3 Hibachi?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Nova225

Redstone circuit for 3x3 Hibachi?

Post by Nova225 »

I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to anything more of then a basic clock using redstone, but I've been trying to get a 3x3 hibachi grill going for my cauldron. I noticed in FlowerChild's hibachi video, he has a 3x3 grill with a very specific redstone setup with torches and repeaters, but he doesn't show off the redstone design. I quite literally don't know how to build the circuit that he uses, or even identify what kind he's using.

Does anybody know what kind of circuit he's using?
walker_boh_65

Re: Redstone circuit for 3x3 Hibachi?

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Battosay has a video on it, look in his video corner

EDIT: 100th post, whoo
Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

I used a redstone design inspired by Battosay's great tutorial video:

The hibachi part starts around 5 minutes into the video.

What u basically want to do is powering the hibachi in the middle by a redstone torch under it, and the 8 hibachis around by repeaters. Hook it all up to one input (in some cases you need to invert the signal for the middle hibachi) and you are good to cook.

Edit: ninja'd. Gratz on the 100th post. :)
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
David367th

Post by David367th »

How do you hook it up so you dont see redstone?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Here's a couple of screens of the setup is use in the video. There are many different ways you can set something like this up, and I usually just do some custom circuitry to suit whatever environment I am building in:
Spoiler
Show

Rasuth

Post by Rasuth »

I didn't intent to post my setup, as I thought it's nothing special but maybe some screenshots of my design can help you.
Spoiler
Show
First two pictures are just there to demonstrate that the switch turns on 9 hibachis under the cauldron at once.
Spoiler
Show
I removed all the redstone covering blocks. There is a 6x6 space for running the wires around the repeaters which then power the 8 hibachis on the outside.
The tricky part is powering the hibachi in the middle. Therefore I have a wire going down two blocks like this:
Spoiler
Show
And this is how it looks under the center hibachi. Note, that the wire is going down yet another block which allows me to hide the inverter for the center hibachi.
Spoiler
Show
Hope this helps. It took me some time to figure it out, but I'm quite pleased by the result.

FC's setup is pretty nice, too. I actually just wondered how one could power most of the hibachis from below.
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence.
Unless you're GI Socrates. Then the other half is "You don't know anything
- TheAnarchitect
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Mine ended up being a mess since I wanted a building with 3 hibachi sets all within a few blocks of each other so i didn't have much horizontal space to work with. I set 9 rsd torches on blocks underneath the hibachis and separated the signals from 6 rsd torches on the sides using repeaters. I did the same with the ends. The middle I ran a torch underneath it and inverted the signal. I ran all of this to my lever. Since I had 3 of these so close together, I had to create rsd torch stacks for 2 of them so that they weren't on the same level so they'd all fit. It works. :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

SterlingRed wrote:Mine ended up being a mess since I wanted a building with 3 hibachi sets all within a few blocks of each other so i didn't have much horizontal space to work with. I set 9 rsd torches on blocks underneath the hibachis and separated the signals from 6 rsd torches on the sides using repeaters. I did the same with the ends. The middle I ran a torch underneath it and inverted the signal. I ran all of this to my lever. Since I had 3 of these so close together, I had to create rsd torch stacks for 2 of them so that they weren't on the same level so they'd all fit. It works. :)
Sounds like somthing id make... Messy!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Nova225

Post by Nova225 »

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I used Battosay's style, and covered up the redstone and repeaters with stone slabs (they don't cut wiring like full blocks do). Normally I'd use the other designs to hide it better, but my building is built only about 2-3 blocks above water in a cove, so Battoasy's was the most compact I could get it. Now to try and stick a bellows in there...