Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Morvelaira's MC News Compilation

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Panda wrote:I do wonder what jeb meant about eliminating non renewable resources? The only none renewable ones are end stone, end portals and dragon eggs...?
He meant non-renewable in a practical sense, as in resources it is technically possible to completely exhaust within an area.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

ugh. A little exploring on the internet reveals...
Spoiler
Show
double ugh....
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

destineternel wrote:ugh. A little exploring on the internet reveals...
Spoiler
Show
double ugh....
I don't see why that's ugh-worthy, I'm glad he's thought of that.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
TheThievingMonkey

Post by TheThievingMonkey »

Okay people, I think we're all getting a bit too concerned about the golden apple issue. I certainly agree that trading is going to bring major balance issues, but the golden apple change seems to me as really irrelevant thing (though I do think it's bad that more development time was wasted in this useless addition). No matter what type of effect the apple might have, even if it was the ability to fly, like some people suggested, I most certainly would NOT use 72 gold ingots to get some temporary effect. Golden apples have always been an adventure map type of item anyway, and I think it will and should remain that way.
Edit: Removed small (but embarrassing) grammar mistake.
Catox

Post by Catox »

TheThievingMonkey wrote:(...) Golden apples have always been an adventure map type of item anyway, and I think it will and should remain that way.
except, added to the way Jeb tends to design the game, this already mentionned clue :
SewingPin : also, farewell, non-renewable resources?
jeb_ : Hope so!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

TheThievingMonkey wrote:Okay people, I think we're all getting a bit too concerned about the golden apple issue. I certainly agree that trading is going to bring major balance issues, but the golden apple change seems to me as really irrelevant thing (though I do think it's bad that more development time was wasted in this useless addition). No matter what type of effect the apple might have, even if it was the ability to fly, like some people suggested, I most certainly would NOT use 72 gold ingots to get some temporary effect. Golden apples have always been an adventure map type of item anyway, and I think it will and should remain that way.
Exactly, 8 gold blocks is a ridiculous price to pay for ANY temporary effect. You could build a whole rail network with that gold! I'm really no too concerned with this change at all when you compare it to the potential destructive impact of villager trading.
Catox

Post by Catox »

Sarudak wrote:Exactly, 8 gold blocks is a ridiculous price to pay for ANY temporary effect. You could build a whole rail network with that gold! I'm really no too concerned with this change at all when you compare it to the potential destructive impact of villager trading.
what if you then combine both potentials ?
nothing > stuff > money > gold > ubber golden apple
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I haven't meddled with any of the updates beyond enchanting and I intend to keep it that way. I they don't do this right it could be a real game-breaker.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
TheThievingMonkey

Post by TheThievingMonkey »

Catox wrote: except, added to the way Jeb tends to design the game, this already mentionned clue :
SewingPin : also, farewell, non-renewable resources?
jeb_ : Hope so!
Yeah, but that's a problem with trading, not with the golden apples. To be fair, I am quite worried that this new effect will be so much greater than any other thing you can find currently in the game, while still not being worth the ridiculous price, that a lot of immature players will start to bug jeb to make the apples more avaible in survival. Jeb will probably then proceed to cater to their every whim, creating the perfect overpowered item. There's certainly a great deal of stuff that could be added to the game for the more advanced players, but when you jump straight from diamond tools, enchanting and potion making to something like a golden apple you leave this gigantic gap that is bound to make impatient players whyne endlessly.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Well, we'll see on Thursday... *hunkers in bunker*
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

You're all still overreacting methinks :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

I've got no problem slaughtering testificates to rebalance the game myself >:)
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

agentwiggles wrote:I've got no problem slaughtering testificates to rebalance the game myself >:)
+1

Seriously though, I feel we should wait a bit before going all out and Jeb bashing. Granted, if it turns out to be as shallow as it looks, we'll have a serious problem. Until then, I'm going to hold off on that front.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

BURN JEB NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!
The great randomo wrote:Seriously though, I feel we should wait a bit before going all out and Jeb bashing. Granted, if it turns out to be as shallow as it looks, we'll have a serious problem. Until then, I'm going to hold off on that front.
Yeah, I suppose your right, we should at least have a good go with it before jumping to conclusions.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

http://twitter.com/jeb_/statuses/205307552941088768
jeb_ wrote:Added a new block that was suggested on reddit 7 months ago. It's very useful! You'll see on Thursday.
Not sure if I should be excited or afraid.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Dextralus

Post by Dextralus »

Given that the only other change to come out of a suggestion on /r/minecraft (that I'm aware of) was the pig's snout, and given the very low quality of suggestions there, I'll lean on "concerned" for now. I had a look through a list of potential additions, of which the ender chest seems the most consistent with recent changes.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Dextralus wrote:of which the ender chest seems the most consistent with recent changes.
Really? Ender chests in vanilla?

I like the Ender Storage mod, but it'd be waaaaay OP in vanilla.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Dextralus

Post by Dextralus »

Of course it would be, but this is the kind of "convenient" addition (that in actuality grants a lot of power to the player) that Jeb seems to favour. What's more, that was the most well-received of the candidate blocks. Lazers hardly had a purchase by comparison. Though, this is assuming that "useful" means something other than "useful for aesthetic reasons", which I think is probably fair but also something to keep in mind...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, now we may be jumping to conclusions :)

At least that's what I'm telling myself, with fingers, toes, and testicles crossed.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

FlowerChild wrote:At least that's what I'm telling myself, with fingers, toes, and testicles crossed.
The Trifecta ! :')
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote: At least that's what I'm telling myself, with fingers, toes, and testicles crossed.
Except in bed...?
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, now we may be jumping to conclusions :)

At least that's what I'm telling myself, with fingers, toes, and testicles crossed.
That's called testicular torsion and you probably should get that looked at...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: That's called testicular torsion and you probably should get that looked at...
Don't worry, I have plenty of people looking at it as part of my stage-show.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: Don't worry, I have plenty of people looking at it as part of my stage-show.
Well... I didn't know that money was that tight... In any case as long as at least one of them is a licensed medical professional you should be alright.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Sarudak wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: Don't worry, I have plenty of people looking at it as part of my stage-show.
Well... I didn't know that money was that tight... In any case as long as at least one of them is a licensed medical professional you should be alright.
Who says he does that for money ? I'm sure he volunteers ^^

EDIT : By the way, I fear Morv's reaction when she sees what hapended to her topic...
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.