Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Panda

Re: Morvelaira's MC News Compilation

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:Updated the MCF thread-title relative to this discussion.

For those that have been following the mod for a long time, you'll notice it's a first.
Im thinking in my texture pack of leaving these red coins as a blank texture, and texturing the new ore as smooth stone, it was all a dream theres no coins... C:
Never say no to Panda.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

For those that have been following the mod for a long time, you'll notice it's a first.
Lol! And you wonder why he never listens to your suggestions.... ;)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Sarudak wrote:

Lol! And you wonder why he never listens to your suggestions.... ;)
? ara? what?
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: Lol! And you wonder why he never listens to your suggestions.... ;)
I give up on making nice :)
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

I really can't believe that Jeb is willingly causing "the end of non-renewable resources." The new additions to vMC as of late are leaning far too close to the additions made by mods that I wouldn't download. Never thought I'd wish so strongly for Notch's approach to game design.

Also, when are we going to see these extended block ids? I would think the time it takes to implement cocoa beans growing on trees and (potentially) massively unbalanced villager trading would be enough to implement extra block ids. Obviously this feature is of special interest to BTW users given our long-awaited BTW 4.0 update largely hinges on it, but I can't imagine we're the only ones eagerly anticipating that particular change.

It would have been nice if FC or someone with similarly reasonable game design ideas had taken over right around the time of the adventure update. Imagine the state minecraft would be in today... *wistful sigh*
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

For crying out loud Jeb I don't play creative mode, stop turning survival mode into it. I tired of playing minecraft when there is no presentable challenge anymore. Good thing BTW helps this issue a ton as I don't play MC without it! Jeb you can call yourself a programmer but this is not game design! And here I thought the same of Notch, I think I will take that back but only a little!
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

agentwiggles wrote: Also, when are we going to see these extended block ids? I would think the time it takes to implement cocoa beans growing on trees and (potentially) massively unbalanced villager trading would be enough to implement extra block ids. Obviously this feature is of special interest to BTW users given our long-awaited BTW 4.0 update largely hinges on it, but I can't imagine we're the only ones eagerly anticipating that particular change.
I suspect what is happening with that is that the bukkit team is working on the architecture changes while Jeb is working on minor gameplay enhancements here and there to placate the masses.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I'm still calling for people to hold the speculations in check until more information is given. Depending on the prices this could end up making more and more vMC players get into automation :p Also, considering how popular mob farms are/were they still did pretty much the same by being a constant source for some of the more difficult materials to obtain you'd think people would have more understanding for them being disabled. Anyways if the cost is high enough I don't really mind non-renewable resources becoming more available, vMC is balanced for vMC and there are a lot less automatic systems there so a high cost would still be useful mostly to players in the end game.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Actually blacksmith chests have a minimal impact in the game. I have found a total of 3 villages in my world, none of which had a blacksmith. Even if I did, they have nothing I wouldn't have in multiple stacks.
So the only difference they make is if you stumble upon them by chance very early on, which requires either a lot of luck, or use of a seed, which doesn't matter because you could as well use a seed where you know exactly where diamond is. Iron is a non issue, it is everywhere. Plus I can't remember the last time I built my first portal in a world by mining obsidian instead of casting it with lava and water buckets.

This feature on the other hand has the potential to totally break the game beyond all hope. Which is why I'm hoping jeb won't be this stupid, even if I'm losing hope myself..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:I'm still calling for people to hold the speculations in check until more information is given.
Sorry man. This thread really is to share and discuss news about the game, and this definitely qualifies.

I also think we have more than enough reason to be concerned, and I personally do not feel like I am speculating about this.

So yeah, I do not agree.
Urian

Post by Urian »

FlowerChild wrote: Sorry man. This thread really is to share and discuss news about the game, and this definitely qualifies.

I also think we have more than enough reason to be concerned, and I personally do not feel like I am speculating about this.

So yeah, I do not agree.
I don't mean that people shouldn't speculate at all but predicting doom, gloom and the end of minecraft (survival mode) might be a bit over the top without further information on this. That's what I meant by "hold the speculations in check" :) As I mentioned, much of the balance problems even if you could buy all items in the game wouldn't be as bad in vMC since there aren't as many ways to automate item gathering then (that aren't already ways to get a huge amount of resources a la mob traps or golem farms).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote: I don't mean that people shouldn't speculate at all but predicting doom, gloom and the end of minecraft (survival mode) might be a bit over the top without further information on this. That's what I meant by "hold the speculations in check" :) As I mentioned, much of the balance problems even if you could buy all items in the game wouldn't be as bad in vMC since there aren't as many ways to automate item gathering then (that aren't already ways to get a huge amount of resources a la mob traps or golem farms).
Dunno man. Sounds overly optimistic to me. Keep that in check please :)
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Either way, it's odd that they are adding a trading system without the underlying AI support (actual production, etc).
Wouldn't it make more sense to do it the other way around?

If it ties in with what they can produce with the occasional rare material then i'm ok with it.
Still strange that they'd add a new ore which ultimately requires a worldgen change to function as coin instead of simply using gold(nuggets).

Of course that's the less visible way to go about this, tying in to the general popularity thing...
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Catox

Post by Catox »

Urian wrote:As I mentioned, much of the balance problems even if you could buy all items in the game wouldn't be as bad in vMC since there aren't as many ways to automate item gathering then (that aren't already ways to get a huge amount of resources a la mob traps or golem farms).
yes, but a huge amount of specific ressources
if Jeb's "hope so!" effectively means that you can convert any item into money and money back into any other item, you gain the ability to gather unlimited amounts of diamonds for the already paid price of going afk for a while.

of course, it can be "balanced"... like, by having one diamond cost the equivalent of a full player inventory of sugar cane or sulfur. yup, why not...
But, in that case, Jeb's "hope" would have no meaning at all : to hope having non-renewable resources included in a system that would make them renewable, and implemented in a way that its cost is unplayable unless you rely on automated systems that are not supported anyway ?

oh, well... I guess this is actually possible too... after all, that's quite the way levels and enchantments went...
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Ugh.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

THIS

Finally a good news ?
Depends on the new effects...
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Gormador wrote:Finally a good news ?
You're kidding, right?

The "Ugh." above yours was in reply to that tweet. He made the golden apple recipe 9x harder to create and promises appropriate effects. You just know he's finally adding in flying or some stupid shit like that...

Yeah.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Gilberreke wrote:
Gormador wrote:Finally a good news ?
You're kidding, right?

The "Ugh." above yours was in reply to that tweet. He made the golden apple recipe 9x harder to create and promises appropriate effects. You just know he's finally adding in flying or some stupid shit like that...

Yeah.
Please let me hope for a balanced and not overpowered effect.
Please ?

EDIT : That said, if gold will be obtainable via the trading system... Well let's say "Ugh" seems very appropriate.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Gormador wrote:Please let me hope for a balanced and not overpowered effect.
Please ?
If Jeb decides to make one of the more powerful effects in the game 9x more powerful, how is it that you hope for "balanced"?

Balanced would be what Notch did with golden apples.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Gilberreke wrote:
Gormador wrote:Please let me hope for a balanced and not overpowered effect.
Please ?
If Jeb decides to make one of the more powerful effects in the game 9x more powerful, how is it that you hope for "balanced"?

Balanced would be what Notch did with golden apples.
If he goes back to the original recipe, it would mean 81 times the cost (blocks instead of nuggets) and therefore 81x more powerful effects would be the appropriate amount to be afraid of. :(
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Whisp wrote:If he goes back to the original recipe, it would mean 81 times the cost (blocks instead of nuggets) and therefore 81x more powerful effects would be the appropriate amount to be afraid of. :(
Yeah. I'm about 30% sure it's going to be flying...
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

I get the feeling it's going to be some OP shit like invincibility. That or flight and invincibility. Remember when we had hope for Minecraft and Jeb while we waited for 1.2? I feel like this is going to be worse than wolves actually, if this gets added in its current form I get the feeling that a more appropriate title for the mod would be Better than Trading (and Wolves) :/
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

One apple a day keeps all danger away?
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Hopefully it'll be reasonable. If he keeps the same idea (healing), it would probably be a full heal with a regen effect.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Panda

Post by Panda »

I do wonder what jeb meant about eliminating non renewable resources? The only none renewable ones are end stone, end portals and dragon eggs...?
Never say no to Panda.