Nether cement buckets

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Indras

Nether cement buckets

Post by Indras »

I've been using cement buckets heavily lately... they're extremely handy for pouring building foundations, making roads, etc. I'd like to see a nether equivalent, perhaps that pours netherrack in the same manner?

As a converse, perhaps a glowstone bucket that you "pour" into the air and it falls upwards, spreads across the ceiling, and solidifies into a flat glowstone ceiling.

Both netherrack and glowstone have recipe uses in the BTW tech tree, so making them more available would cheapen some things. As a restriction, make them pour a very small area in the overworld, and a very large area in the nether, like how lava flows farther in the nether.
bmanfoley

Re: Nether cement buckets

Post by bmanfoley »

I think glowstone is a bit OP, but the idea of netherrack (or even better, nether brick!) in cement form sounds good to me
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

This:
Your suggestion does not fit the rules, or the spirit of the mod, and is probably never gonna happen.
Please take some time to read to rules, some other suggestions that were considered/accepted, and make sure you played with the mod long enough to fully understand what FC is trying to do here.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Dealing with pain and the suggestion sub-forum just don't mix well for me. Why do I keep reading it? I have no idea...

Thanks for the Ninja Walker :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Maybe because one pain makes you forget about the other pain, at least for a moment?

Of course, that would depend on which pain is stronger...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

I hope no one minds me explaining why, as I'm kind of wanting Indras to understand where the fault is in his idea...

As I understand it (and I could be wrong), cement was designed as a means of more quickly building a suitable work and travel space in the Nether, one that couldn't be blown up by Ghasts. (And also for traps.) Pouring Netherrack or Glowstone serves no such purpose, and gaining a large supply of Nether materials with little to no effort is extremely unbalancing and removes all work from advancing your engineering supplies.
Indras

Post by Indras »

SilvasRuin wrote:I hope no one minds me explaining why, as I'm kind of wanting Indras to understand where the fault is in his idea...

As I understand it (and I could be wrong), cement was designed as a means of more quickly building a suitable work and travel space in the Nether, one that couldn't be blown up by Ghasts. (And also for traps.) Pouring Netherrack or Glowstone serves no such purpose, and gaining a large supply of Nether materials with little to no effort is extremely unbalancing and removes all work from advancing your engineering supplies.
Well, TBH, what I *really* want is the ability to dye cement buckets to pour colored stone, like FC first suggested on the MCF forums so long ago. However, I knew that would get shot down, first for being a repeat idea, and second because it would be a major modification to vMC code. I was trying to come up with a more BTW version, and pourable netherrack actually seems to fit the BTW theme better than pourable stone. The glowstone idea was just an afterthought, feel free to ignore it.

Edit: original MCF post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/236 ... an-wolves/, see item 6
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

There's actually more to it than there being something wrong with your suggestion.

The biggest problem is that you suggested what might be the most suggested idea of all time. Ever since FC added cement, people have been clamoring for buckets of dirt, sand, netherrack and whatever else they need in quantity at the time.

This results in being immediately shot down, because why would he add it now, when he didn't the last 51481 times it has been suggested?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

To be honest, now that I'm moving ahead with my plans to terraform a 13x13 chunk area of the nether (mainly a huge lava lake, but still plenty of solid ground) the dirt/mud bucket is actually starting to feel like a nice addition.

I really wish people hadn't spammed requests for it back in the day, because while it'd be really useful right now, I'd probably start flaming myself for posting it.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Stormweaver wrote:I'd probably start flaming myself for posting it.
Double dare you :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx