BTW and MC extended

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Unmei

BTW and MC extended

Post by Unmei »

I'm having some trouble installing BTW and MC extended together, I've tried installing modloader and BTW alone and modloader and MC extended alone and they both will work that way, but when I add them together they crash. are they just incompatible or am I doing something wrong?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BTW and MC extended

Post by FlowerChild »

This mod doesn't support Block IDs higher than 255, whether you have MC Extended installed or not.

You can still use the two together, you just have to make sure this mod has all its block ids assigned at 255 and below.
Andoriol

Post by Andoriol »

Hm, okay, that might be where I screwed up, if I might ask, why does the mod not support it? Not complaining, just curious on your thought process and reasoning :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Andoriol wrote:Hm, okay, that might be where I screwed up, if I might ask, why does the mod not support it? Not complaining, just curious on your thought process and reasoning :)
It wasn't intentional, it's just that MC Extended doesn't seem to support mods setting the flamability of their blocks.

There's an array in the Minecraft code that keeps track of what's flamable and what's not, and that array is sized at 256. All I'm doing is setting some of my blocks to be able to catch fire by setting them in said array. I guess there just aren't many mods out there that bother with that level of attention to detail, but considering how many wood-based blocks are in this mod, it just wouldn't make sense for me to not do it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, what I just did was manually increase the size of these arrays in the fire class to avoid the problems with MCExtended.

You shouldn't have any more problems of these kinds after the next release.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Thanks for this fix FC. I also just had to say that this thread is a breath of fresh air as far as discussion related to this mod goes on the main forum. Thanks Andoriol for your reasonable question and respectful tone :).
thefish1992

Post by thefish1992 »

hey i know you have said this but i cant figure this out, i've seen that to get MCextended to work with BTW you have to download MC extended after better than wolves, make sure all its block ids are bellow 255 or somehow increase a array(i have no idea how to do the last one) i installed MC extended after BTW and check BTW config and made sure all of them were below 255, none of them were to begin with, but it still will not work,
if someone could help me how to get this to work it would be much appreciated,
and im sorry for any inconveneced
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

thefish1992 wrote:hey i know you have said this but i cant figure this out, i've seen that to get MCextended to work with BTW you have to download MC extended after better than wolves, make sure all its block ids are bellow 255 or somehow increase a array(i have no idea how to do the last one) i installed MC extended after BTW and check BTW config and made sure all of them were below 255, none of them were to begin with, but it still will not work,
if someone could help me how to get this to work it would be much appreciated,
and im sorry for any inconveneced
The 255 restriction was removed in a recent version of BTW.

Other than that, no idea what to tell you. You likely have a conflict with another mod and without any kind of error report, it's unlikely anyone here can help you.
thefish1992

Post by thefish1992 »

im not using any other mods at the moment other than modloader, BTW and MCextended, (to check if that was the problem) and it still dosnt work, is the newest version 2.82? im not sure if i have the updated one,
thefish1992

Post by thefish1992 »

uh never mind, it suddenly started working for me, thanks you for the help though, and BTW is one of my favorit mods for minecraft.