BTW Community Castle (v2.4 - 06/09)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Urian

Re: BTW Community Castle (v1.9 - 26/07)

Post by Urian »

Updated the OP.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
HavokSCOUT

Re: BTW Community Castle (v2.0 - 01/08)

Post by HavokSCOUT »

I hope you guys don't mind, but for my turn, I've been working on an airship in one of my worlds, and I was hoping to MCEdit it into the pass around. I'd hate to have to recreate it
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

You can, but don't do that in any chunks where there's already BTW blocks, or it'll mess things up.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Just curious, but how would it be messed up? I've used MCEdit with BTW plenty of times, and the worse that happens is that there is a black space underneath panels.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Urian

Post by Urian »

It doesn't happen all the time but MCEdit can destroy all planted stuff (hemp, perhaps also vMC) and cause redstone glitches. It can also despawn some entities, e.g. watherwheels and windmills.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I've never had it destroy windmills, just had it make them stop moving, and also make upward-facing DB's stop detecting weather. Exploring V1.9 of this world, I noticed the windmills on the big tree had stopped moving, although some of the ones that were farther away were still going. I know some people have already used MCedit to import schematics, and I know I am going to have to, so don't worry about your airship, HavokSCOUT. Now that it's my turn, I am going to go around the map after I import my addition and make sure all the stuff is still working properly (and I think I'll compare it to earlier versions as well) before I upload my version.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

/is irritated that it is 2.0 rather than 1.10

It would have been more logical to continue the trend and start at 2.0 with BinoAl again. >_<
But ignore me. I'm just being petty with sorting.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Urian

Post by Urian »

KWilt wrote:/is irritated that it is 2.0 rather than 1.10

It would have been more logical to continue the trend and start at 2.0 with BinoAl again. >_<
But ignore me. I'm just being petty with sorting.
It's a quite easy thing to change. What say the rest of you, have 2.0 be when a new version is released (and the versions here being 1.01, 1.02, ..., 1.10 so far) or keep it as is and increase the number every 10 turns?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

That's just a number ...
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I'm almost done; just working out a few redstone problems and then I should be finished. I won't be here for a while in the morning, so I'll try to get it uploaded some time in the afternoon.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Okay, I'm done. Sorry I didn't get it uploaded yesterday, but I completely lost my internet connection for a while. Anyways, here it is: BTW Community Castle v2.1
Battosay

Re: BTW Community Castle (v2.1 - 04/08)

Post by Battosay »

Cool, added to the OP.
What did you add ?
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Oh, sorry. I added a combination safe house, a slime spawning room below the house (that is, the house with the millstone and wolf in it, not the house I made), added a on/off switch to the cobblestone factory, re-dyed the windmills on the airship, re-added the wolves, as they had disappeared, and replaced a few windmills that weren't turning. Kind of a long list, but most of those were just small fixes and such.

My major addition was the safe house. It is a huge, redstone-heavy complex underground that basically houses a bunch of hidden safes, that need to be unlocked before they can be accessed. The lock is a lever combination lock with a submit button, making it harder to guess the combination, as you have to press the button after every combination you try. But you only get three tries before something bad happens. There is even a hidden door to get outside and look at the wiring. If you find the wiring, I did add some signs to explain some of it, but there is still a lot of it that I didn't explain. There is a final, most secret place, that should be pretty hard to figure out how to get to, but not too hard. All the best stuff is in there. It would be great if people posted to let me know if they found it, and how hard they thought it was if they did. This most secret room has two wolves in it who are sitting on cake. Just so you know you've found it if you see this.
Last edited by darahalian on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Humbly requesting to get into the rotation :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

darahalian wrote:Oh, sorry. I added....

-SNIP-
Holy Crap... i guess its my turn now... ill get on it when i get home from work today!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
darknessLPs

Post by darknessLPs »

I'd like my name taken out of the OP please, unfortunately minecraft lags so badly on my computer that it's gotten to the point I don't enjoy playing the game or building things, it was a waste of $40 until I can get a desktop.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

darknessLPs wrote:I'd like my name taken out of the OP please, unfortunately minecraft lags so badly on my computer that it's gotten to the point I don't enjoy playing the game or building things, it was a waste of $40 until I can get a desktop.
That sucks man :(
Removed from list :,(
Demonicmonk

Post by Demonicmonk »

Can I please join the rotation?

I just read a horribly trollish post and I'm a fan of trolls (green ones not forum ones) so when I found this and nearly instantly Merr'd in joy (Merr is the noise a troll makes! >< ) to have something better to do while I wait for a little help with something... then I realized there's a wait! wah wah ... ;] but its cool cuz this looks like a frickin bad ass project... I'mma go run around the latest map in the mean time.

lol.

PS. I forget who mentioned it near the OP about this is how ppl used to play DF, but man I suck at that game could you send me some hints or a save file where they wont starve to death..... muahhahahahhahaha (evil laugh cuz im evil).. oh ..=[ (oh and sad face cuz its like unintentional evil spawned from failing) lol .
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Demonicmonk wrote:Can I please join the rotation?

I just read a horribly trollish post and I'm a fan of trolls (green ones not forum ones) so when I found this and nearly instantly Merr'd in joy (Merr is the noise a troll makes! >< ) to have something better to do while I wait for a little help with something... then I realized there's a wait! wah wah ... ;] but its cool cuz this looks like a frickin bad ass project... I'mma go run around the latest map in the mean time.

lol.

PS. I forget who mentioned it near the OP about this is how ppl used to play DF, but man I suck at that game could you send me some hints or a save file where they wont starve to death..... muahhahahahhahaha (evil laugh cuz im evil).. oh ..=[ (oh and sad face cuz its like unintentional evil spawned from failing) lol .
Added ^.^
DTSX

Post by DTSX »

Could I join the circle?
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

It's been a while, and jamestullly (or magikeh now I think) hasn't gotten his version up, so maybe the next person in line should just start their turn. Unless james just forgot, and then this can be a reminder or something... But either way, this community map was an awesome idea and has let us compile a bunch of cool stuff together in the same place, and so I would hate to see it stop now. Keep the creativity coming!
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

darahalian wrote:It's been a while, and jamestullly (or magikeh now I think) hasn't gotten his version up, so maybe the next person in line should just start their turn. Unless james just forgot, and then this can be a reminder or something... But either way, this community map was an awesome idea and has let us compile a bunch of cool stuff together in the same place, and so I would hate to see it stop now. Keep the creativity coming!
DAMNIT yeah jus give mah the skip!! Srry all, got a new job and its been sucking me dry >:( BUT on lighter terms GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! =D
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Just wanted to post and say that this is an amazing project. Also, Batto, I think you messed up the wiring in your maze somewhere, because somehow managed to skip the third button and finished it.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

PureZaros wrote:Just wanted to post and say that this is an amazing project. Also, Batto, I think you messed up the wiring in your maze somewhere, because somehow managed to skip the third button and finished it.
It's possible that you went through the maze after someone else had already gone through it, and didn't reset it correctly. I'm pretty sure v1.5 is the version the maze got added, so you can play through the maze on that version and see if it still happens. When I went through the maze, there weren't any problems.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

2.1 is the version I should download since its my turn, right?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it