Simple Low Tech Hemp Farm

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Crismon

Simple Low Tech Hemp Farm

Post by Crismon »

I have created a new world to work just with BTB, played for two days and I had an idea. I tried to automate Hemp production with only vanilla items, since it's easy to craft them. I'm sure this is not a unique design, but it might help someone, so I just made it. It's what I'm using on my world, it's pretty simple and cheap.

I might make a few more videos like this, maybe it helps someone and is a way for me to not forget how to make simple things like this (I'm new to "complete automation" of things, mostly because I'm lazy to think how to make it and I like to have something to do sometimes).
Learned english on videogames...
That's why I sound weird.
Zhil

Re: Simple Low Tech Hemp Farm

Post by Zhil »

Cool system. It's 100% efficient too and can be compacted with a buddy block for the BUD and a BD for the flip flop later on.

I'm currently working on a similar system for wheat, which is a bit harder. I'm trying to get a 100% efficient design, but it's hard to design a system that's compact and still able to selectively only push out the wheat that's ready.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Gilberreke wrote:Cool system. It's 100% efficient too and can be compacted with a buddy block for the BUD and a BD for the flip flop later on.

I'm currently working on a similar system for wheat, which is a bit harder. I'm trying to get a 100% efficient design, but it's hard to design a system that's compact and still able to selectively only push out the wheat that's ready.
Spoiler
Show
Not that hard. Design A in the background of picture one Can get stuck if the wheat lands back on the piston. Design two dose not have this probable and the wheat falls down Into a hopper or stream ( your choice )
Crismon

Post by Crismon »

Yeah, the Buddy Block and BD combination works really well. It uses almost nothing, just some some redstone...
Spoiler
Show
It makes this even more stable, a is very unlikely that it will stop working.

Oh, and about the wheat, this will replant it automatically:
Spoiler
Show
-I just added the BD, It's the same as BigShinyToys'-
Learned english on videogames...
That's why I sound weird.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

BigShinyToys wrote:Not that hard. Design A in the background of picture one Can get stuck if the wheat lands back on the piston. Design two dose not have this probable and the wheat falls down Into a hopper or stream ( your choice )
Yeah, I'm pretty sure using a DB and a planter for each wheat you grow is not low tech.

Not to mention that it's not super compact, since you would run into block update problems if you were to put these next to each other.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Gilberreke wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty sure using a DB and a planter for each wheat you grow is not low tech.

Not to mention that it's not super compact, since you would run into block update problems if you were to put these next to each other.
How else do you plant if not for a Block dispenser??
Spoiler
Show
And I made it 4 times cheaper ;)
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

BigShinyToys wrote:How else do you plant if not for a Block dispenser??
DB means Detector Block, not Block Dispenser.

Your new solution seems really hard to get into a hopper afterwards.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Gilberreke wrote: DB means Detector Block, not Block Dispenser.

Your new solution seems really hard to get into a hopper afterwards.
Spoiler
Show
So this set up would allow you to push the detector block around with a piston ring counter that means with one detector you can check multiple wheat. But it costs a bit more than the other one counting the two repeaters But uses a lot less lapis lazuli.