What are the new dung production rates? Wiki conflicts

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mr_Hosed

What are the new dung production rates? Wiki conflicts

Post by Mr_Hosed »

I've been working on a new automated dung farm and needed to know what kind of timer I should set my BDs dropping steaks at. Unfortunately the wiki has conflicting data. I don't think the entry has been updated to match the patch that changed wolves to only produce when fed.

Can anyone enlighten me on the new rates? If not I guess I'll be doing some experimenting in my test world... God I want those spawner eggs in creative mode.
DaDodsworth

Re: What are the new dung production rates? Wiki conflicts

Post by DaDodsworth »

I was actually stuck on this too the other day but completely forgot. I would of done some tests but I don't have the time nowadays, anybody got any info on this? Big one is, is it random or a fixed time?
excius

Post by excius »

I got the info somewhere that it was 10 minutes.
Using a decay timer it would feed the wolfs every 5 minutes, and they wouldn't actually touch the meat every 5 minutes.
So i suppose its somewhere in between the 10 minutes
gungad

Post by gungad »

I don't know the rates, but I used a Detector Block to 'see' when the dung fall into the hopper, and trigger the dispenser block to feed the wolves again.
That way if you have 10 foods you get 10 dung. There is no waste of food.

I am at work now, but when I get home I send the screenshoots.
But is something like this:
Spoiler
Show
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Sounds like a reed clock will do it then. If that doesn't work then a second cycle via a flip-flop will work...

[EDIT] @gungad... unfortunately my setup wouldn't allow for a DB (I kinda crammed the bugger into my base in a vacant spot). I like the idea though. Very clever. Only problem is that dung production rates aren't fixed. There's some min-max time frame they produce in. I feed my pack and had several minutes from the first dung to the last dung.
Sealhunter

Post by Sealhunter »

Mr_Hosed wrote:Sounds like a reed clock will do it then. If that doesn't work then a second cycle via a flip-flop will work...

[EDIT] @gungad... unfortunately my setup wouldn't allow for a DB (I kinda crammed the bugger into my base in a vacant spot). I like the idea though. Very clever. Only problem is that dung production rates aren't fixed. There's some min-max time frame they produce in. I feed my pack and had several minutes from the first dung to the last dung.
However, if you can keep them all fed (which is easy with gungad's setup because they'll only eat it if they are hungry), dung production rates will be maxed out anyway. When the wolf evacuates its bowels, it immediately gets a ravenous appetite.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

FC stated that the dogs can eat as soon as they poop. So the efficient way of doing things is to detect the dung & feed them on that action. I've updated the wiki to make it clearer.