Windmill in creative mode

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Husbag3

Windmill in creative mode

Post by Husbag3 »

The wind mill and water wheel cannot be broken instantly in creative mode.

Please lock this if it's a bug with vanilla rather than BTW.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Windmill in creative mode

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I think I need to take a look at this. There seems to be some weirdness with the size of the hit-boxes around these entities in creative.

I don't play creative myself really, but it looks like I should start a bit to make sure everything works.
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

I think it's because they're considered entities, like minecarts.This is a vMC issue, because minecarts can't be broken instantly either
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

bmanfoley wrote:I think it's because they're considered entities, like minecarts.This is a vMC issue, because minecarts can't be broken instantly either
Maybe, but I'm going to take a look anyways as I think a lot of people are trying the mod in creative and thinking it's buggy as a result of this stuff. vMC just doesn't rely on entities the way the mod does, so who knows when they'll get around to fixing this.
theletterkay

Post by theletterkay »

They all can be broken, you just cant hold down the hit button, you have to hit it repeatedly. It takes a long time for windmills. But yeah, this is prolly something that needs to be fixed.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

theletterkay wrote:They all can be broken, you just cant hold down the hit button, you have to hit it repeatedly. It takes a long time for windmills. But yeah, this is prolly something that needs to be fixed.
Kay, you're new here, so I won't make a big deal out of it, but please don't turn the Bug Report threads conversational. Unless you have something specific to add that will help me track down a particular, don't post to them.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next release. I've set it up so that Wind Mills and Water Wheels are broken with a single hit in creative, and also fixed the vanilla bug that was causing weird problems with not being able to destroy blocks around entities, since it was making the mod entities feel buggy.