MW3

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Worth buying?

Yes
7%
No
93%
Only if you dont have MW2
No votes
MW2 is better
No votes

Total votes: 15
Albalbalb

MW3

Post by Albalbalb »

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is out.
Is it worth buying?
Or should i buy MW2?
I would like to hear your opinions.
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.
BinoAl

Re: MW3

Post by BinoAl »

Well, it's CoD, so immediately, not worth full price. It's more like MW1.3 than MW3 >.>
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

BinoAl wrote:It's more like MW1.3 than MW3 >.>
Damn, you beat me to it ! ;)
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

I personally hate MW3. And Battlefield 3. And every cover-based game with the "real is brown, real is good, brown is good" outlook. Unless it is a stealth game.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I am not saying its a bad game, but its far from a brand new game. New as in gameplay-wise not time-wise.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Yeah. I heard that the makers of the first call of duty thought it was so good, they released it umpteen times. At the very least, if your going to make 17 very similar games, make sure they're actually fun. This is not a confusing subject. Consistency is only a virtue if you aren't a fuckup.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

joetalbot1 wrote:Yeah. I heard that the makers of the first call of duty thought it was so good, they released it umpteen times. At the very least, if your going to make 17 very similar games, make sure they're actually fun. This is not a confusing subject. Consistency is only a virtue if you aren't a fuckup.
See, I liked a lot of the older CoD games. In fact, I might enjoy this one occasionally. It's just become such a beaten down genre that I lost all interest. It's all anyone talks about, and whenever I tell someone I'm a gamer, they immediately start talking about CoD. People do enjoy it, and in that sense, it deserves it's success, I just don't feel re-releasing the same game with extra maps warrants such hype
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Albalbalb wrote:Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is out.
Is it worth buying?
Or should i buy MW2?
I would like to hear your opinions.
Both are fun, but if you plan on using shotguns know that in MW3 you can only use one as a primary weapon, leaving you without a rifle/machinegun in your loadout. The gameplay remains pretty much the same anyway, so buying one or the other won't make a huge difference. (Played both, enjoyed both)
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Thyphon

Post by Thyphon »

joetalbot1 wrote:I personally hate MW3. And Battlefield 3. And every cover-based game with the "real is brown, real is good, brown is good" outlook. Unless it is a stealth game.
Search for "Tribes: Ascend"
Its a fast shooter with no cover system (unless I missed something ;)), and as far as i remember it looks good, and really ain't "brownish" in the same way as MW3 and BF3. and its also "free" to play, it does have premium account thing, but as far as I've seen you can unlock everything over time, and hey they got to earn a living some way.

As for the entire MW thing. I have play MW1 and MW2, and I have had a good time in general. some of the real thing that annoys me is some parts of the community, which to put it mildly... needs to grow up, and the match finding system. I will say that MW3 perfects a lot of things that its predecessors' didn't, and as far as I've heard and seen MW3 is the better of MW2 Versus MW3. I Will warn you however... It have a very Low FOV (60 or something) and may annoy you to the point where you can't play for longer than Min to 1 hour (it may variate from person to person).
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

infinity ward. is a one trick pony but it is a good trick . I like all COD games so far . I don't count Black ops as a COD game thought. And tray arch suk ;) just kidding But the weapons are way weaker than all perverse games guns sound to high in pitch , sorta tinny . But that is me.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

FYI MW3 stands for mech warrior 3.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Brethern wrote:FYI MW3 stands for mech warrior 3.
Am I overstepping my bounds if I hug you?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx