Erosion and BTW compatability?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
LostDose

Erosion and BTW compatability?

Post by LostDose »

Hey everyone,

I've just seen this new mod 'Erosion' - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/370 ... n-mod-v25/

It looks like a great concept, but my question is whether this would be compatible with BTW, especially considering the latest update regarding hardcore bucket mode. I have no idea about modding, but was wondering if they both change the class file that affects water?

If anyone is knowledgable on these matters and could let me know that would be great.

Thanks.
BinoAl

Re: Erosion and BTW compatability?

Post by BinoAl »

Nope, the hardcore bucket mode didn't alter any base classes, so they'll be compatible in that area. No way to find out other than test it out :) Might not be forge compatible, that's what seems to be the most common issue with incompatibility
LostDose

Post by LostDose »

Ah that's great to know, thanks BinoAl, my interest in this was actually peaked because of the new bucket mod, should take the challenge to a whole new level!

I'll probably install it and give it a try sometime soon, so I'll report back on my success/failure.

Thanks again.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

This is a cool idea but it is so flawed with what I read on the first post and the video.

I know its the fastest setting but from what I can tell cobble will turn to sand in 2-3 days. I didn't see that mod has a limit on the distance water can destroy blocks so I am making the following assumption: any stone/cobble/gravel/sand block that is touching water will be gone in a few weeks.

good-bye beaches and hello oceans down to bedrock.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I thought it was only moving water that affected the blocks?