Epic setting in next release :)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Shengji

Re: Epic setting in next release :)

Post by Shengji »

I had a feeling the hunger bar already did deplete quickly if you are using tools
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Shengji wrote:I had a feeling the hunger bar already did deplete quickly if you are using tools
That was my thought, too.

So, FC, any possibility of an ETA? I want to know whether it's worth me staying up to see it, or whether I should go to bed now so I can get up early(er) to read it in the morning!
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

HE'S ADDING CHEESE!

Cheese is essential in everything! so voila!

:D
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
DocLazy

Post by DocLazy »

I'm guessing vMC recipe changes.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

It's not exactly an epic change, but my guess is some way to grow mossy cobble, to make the BD less dependent on the "luck" of finding multiple dungeons.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Briali wrote:It's not exactly an epic change, but my guess is some way to grow mossy cobble, to make the BD less dependent on the "luck" of finding multiple dungeons.
You know what, since this came out of talking about the BD changes, you might be on to something here, but we will all find out in about 6 hours or so (assuming that FC puts it out at the normal 3AM EST time for me)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote: You know what, since this came out of talking about the BD changes, you might be on to something here, but we will all find out in about 6 hours or so (assuming that FC puts it out at the normal 3AM EST time for me)
Whoa nelly. You did see the word "hopefully later today" in my post about the upcoming release yes?

Broke two of my own rules here: discussing features before release, and discussing release dates. I must avoid that in the future.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

..errr....by that i meant....eventually?;)
fullsailor

Post by fullsailor »

FlowerChild wrote: Broke two of my own rules here: discussing features before release, and discussing release dates. I must avoid that in the future.
Heh. It's as if you set the wolves out upon yourself. :P
DragonFire2876

Post by DragonFire2876 »

i worked it out he will make it so iron pics wont mine Diamond! so you will have to find your diamond's in abandoned mines!
if he doesent some one has got to try that!
all procrastinators unite...............................tomorrow
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

DragonFire2876 wrote:i worked it out he will make it so iron pics wont mine Diamond! so you will have to find your diamond's in abandoned mines!
How would that change anything though :| I don't think I've made a single diamond tool since BTW got steel.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Steve can no longer punch logs and break them with his fists. -Evil Grin-

I think that would be a fundamental change.

No, but seriously I'm excited because of how excited FC seems to be about this exciting new feature. Excitement!
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

What about making placed water spread the same distance as lava?

Or making placed water not work on water wheels? (that does not sound simple)

This may force people to rely heavily on the windmill for much longer, and drastically change automation(?).
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
DragonFire2876

Post by DragonFire2876 »

Stormweaver wrote:
DragonFire2876 wrote:i worked it out he will make it so iron pics wont mine Diamond! so you will have to find your diamond's in abandoned mines!
How would that change anything though :| I don't think I've made a single diamond tool since BTW got steel.
because when your starting off a new world how else can you get the diamonds and without the diamonds you wouldent be able to get the steel and it makes it very difucult to get into the nether'\
all procrastinators unite...............................tomorrow
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I haven't even bothered going down to diamond level the two times I pushed to steel...
Better is the enemy of Good
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

DragonFire2876 wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:
because when your starting off a new world how else can you get the diamonds and without the diamonds you wouldent be able to get the steel and it makes it very difucult to get into the nether'\
Making a portal with buckets is both easier and faster than mining 8/10/14 obsidian (number depends on how you like to build portals). Not a single bit of BTW needs diamond. On top of that, iron tools can be used infinitely. So...

Diamonds are uneccesary.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

How do you build a portal with 8 buckets of lava? I thought it had to be fully bounded with ten
Better is the enemy of Good
TyberAlyx

Post by TyberAlyx »

It really makes me think about its simplicity yet how flowerchild emphasis the genius of it, I wonder what that could be? Its mind boggling, I am getting dizzy. Flower mentioned challenge so I don't think the idea will help our creations.
Oh well, I am gonna wait in the computer until flowerchild implements it then.

EDIT: flower I am dying to knowww!

EDIT2: I got it! Its is fatigue. I think but it fits the description in my opinion.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

DaveYanakov wrote:How do you build a portal with 8 buckets of lava? I thought it had to be fully bounded with ten
pour water directly on the lava to get the bottom 2. It saves scooping up two buckets >.<
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

EDIT: reading fail: KriiEiter already posted something like this :p

My guess: no more wooden log harvesting with your fists but leaves have % chance to drop either sapling or stick(s) thus requiring the use of axes/saws to chop down trees.

It furthers the mod's goals and uses the tech tree; is easy to disable with an option and makes the game harder although it woudl require some way to make planks from sticks or something since you need 3 planks for the Axehead. Hmmm....
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

What, still no update? :( I just got out of bed to see what it was!
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

Flesh_Engine wrote: My guess: no more wooden log harvesting with your fists but leaves have % chance to drop either sapling or stick(s) thus requiring the use of axes/saws to chop down trees.
Doubtful. That would only affect the first 5 minutes of the game, at best.

No, I suspect it's something far more fundemental. Perhaps involving how plants grow. Maybe fertilizer is now required for plants to grow, period. Not just for massive growth boosts. It would force people to go out to actively hunt for animals and skeletons as a food source and a source of bone meal respectively at first, then later on add a whole new mechanic to the automation process.

Then again, it's not really related to the tech tree per se, so who knows.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Calm down, he said that he _might_ release an update today. It will be coming soon, take heart in that :)

Oh, and if I'd have to guess something, I'd guess something along the lines of water not transporting heavy materials/items.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
DaDodsworth

Post by DaDodsworth »

Will this be a 3.0 release then??
Likewhat

Post by Likewhat »

It's new little animals that we can wear as hats.

FINALLY.