Cross Rails

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Paul the Carrot

Cross Rails

Post by Paul the Carrot »

This would add a cross rail to the game which would, obviously cross rails. This would make for more compact minecraft circuits. I'm sure people could come up with other suggestions to fit in with it.
walker_boh_65

Re: Cross Rails

Post by walker_boh_65 »

making this out of steel would be a nice bonus to getting through the current tech. tree, but I am just not sure if it is worth the block ID.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

I'm not sure about the block id either. It would be a (admittedly much more compact) version of something you can probably arrange with pressure-rails and a turntable, no? Not sure if this is versatile enough to be worth such a precious resource...
Lots of planets have a north...!
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

i tried some things about this... and still the easyest way to make this and also the most compact is to leed one upward and the other downward... all other things that i tried with turntable or only redstone where more complex... cause u need laches of flip-flops (see minecraftwiki redstone circuits) ... so i would rely like to have something like this block
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Makes me think of the Cross Pipe in the additional Buildcraft pipes, items flowing through the pipes stay moving in current direction instead of possibly changing to go another way.
SCIENCE!
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

It is difficult to wire, but I think that it can be done without too much difficulty using said turntable+wiring. The point of BTW is not to make things easier, especially if it can already be done.

And, akantorJojo, you should really try getting deeper into the redstone system. It ends up being quite fun, and with the wiki for help, this shouldn't be too difficult.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

i had no idear of how exactly the turntable works... but i now biuld something that works... the onl thing that could happen to my actual form is, that one cart has to much or to low speed... but it works and needs "only" 9x9x7 blocks... thats not that big... but u will need 11x11x10 blocks to realy get it work without problems with other redstone around...

@danielngtiger: i have an idear of redstone... but sometimes i think to complikated... u want to see my cross- rail device???

so my actual cross-rail devoce is 9x9x7 blocks and if u leed one over the other u need a cross of : 5x3x5 ... so what is easyer???
Urian

Post by Urian »

Just using redstone and detector rails allows you to both have a 4-way cross where you keep going straight as well as allows you to use levers to change it into a turn (although a turntable makes it even easier). Most triggerable minecart boosters back before the bug was fixed relied on 3-way crossings with only redstone :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

So a turntable will turn a rail without it automatically aligning to another rail?
Last edited by grimper12341 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

U can change the direction the rail points powering it with redstone,
thats a beginning, so i dont really think we need that...
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Try Steve's Carts. It adds this, along with a lot more functionality to rails and minecarts in general.
M!C

Post by M!C »

I see the names of you two guys popping up in lots of different threads ... that's not a bad thing in itself but you necro'd part of these threads with relatively short and not extremely important posts.

Don't feel attacked by me, I just wanted you to know that I don't like this.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

M!C wrote:I see the names of you two guys popping up in lots of different threads ... that's not a bad thing in itself but you necro'd part of these threads with relatively short and not extremely important posts.

Don't feel attacked by me, I just wanted you to know that I don't like this.
I was gonna say something about them resurrecting dead threads, but I did not want to come across as an ass.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

A necro is 1 month+ on most forums, only been 8 days in this thread. But I digress.