Combining mods - Tech Progression and Gameplay

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
gftweek

Re: Combining mods - Tech Progression and Gameplay

Post by gftweek »

Gilberreke wrote:
gftweek wrote:I usually go looking for a desert as soon as I start a world, so I can find a village, and it's also the most likely place to find BC oil deposits isn't it?
Oil deposits are most commonly found in forest biomes I think. Deserts only feature small oil pits.
Ah, cheers for that correction, I'm finding information on BC a little vague without buying the guide for it, and not sure yet if I'll want to keep using it or not. Oh well, I still like deserts, I'll just have to find one that borders a forest and has ocean view and backs onto a mountain, with a ravine nearby and abandoned mineshaft below. It's hard to find the perfect seed!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Gilberreke wrote:Oil deposits are most commonly found in forest biomes I think. Deserts only feature small oil pits.
Actually, the small oil pits can be found frequently in deserts, and large deposits has an equal change of appearing in any biome.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

jorgebonafe wrote:
Gilberreke wrote:Oil deposits are most commonly found in forest biomes I think. Deserts only feature small oil pits.
Actually, the small oil pits can be found frequently in deserts, and large deposits has an equal change of appearing in any biome.
Yeah, that seems about right. I only knew for sure that most oil deposits in deserts are small.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

One thing to keep in mind with IC2 and BTW. IC2 allows tin to be made into buckets, BTW allows buckets to be crucible-melted into 3 iron.

3 tin -> 3 iron.

In my game I removed the tin bucket recipe using Zombe's mod, adding this to my recipe file:

Code: Select all

0 0 3 2 30247/0 0 30247/0 0 30247/0 0
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Hey, I just saw this thread on MC forums... this guy is basically doing this mod merging... kinda...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/369 ... tiercraft/
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

When I tried Buildcraft I ran it on twelve different worlds. I found exactly three oil deposits that were on land. One of these was right on the coast and fired an oil geyser up to Y:97. Every other time I found oil it was out in the middle of the water, making it sort of a pain to deal with.

I also can't really get behind the new refineries. I like the idea of them but unless something is actually filtered out that could be used as a byproduct or the fuel becomes more efficient, it just seems like a pointless time-sink.
Better is the enemy of Good
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

DaveYanakov wrote:When I tried Buildcraft I ran it on twelve different worlds. I found exactly three oil deposits that were on land. One of these was right on the coast and fired an oil geyser up to Y:97. Every other time I found oil it was out in the middle of the water, making it sort of a pain to deal with.

I also can't really get behind the new refineries. I like the idea of them but unless something is actually filtered out that could be used as a byproduct or the fuel becomes more efficient, it just seems like a pointless time-sink.
As far as I know for the same volume of fluid in a combustion engine the efficiency increases as you go from lava->oil->fuel, not sure if this means it runs faster or longer, but I think it also increases it's water usage rate so it means you have a bit of a circular upgrade path, playing it legit I found it difficult to balance the rates of refining, water and power supply to the refineries.

Direwolf20 has a good youtube video on his BC refining/power room, but he uses the teleport pipe mod for BC which does oversimplify things a bit.
jorgebonafe wrote:Hey, I just saw this thread on MC forums... this guy is basically doing this mod merging... kinda...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/369 ... tiercraft/
Hmm, at the moment it sounds like have plenty of ideas but don't seem to have done much planning, like for example asking the mod makers if they will change their code to fit with this mod. I know several of the mods have APIs and BTW may get one in the nearish future, but they still seem to be jumping the gun a bit.

It does look really cool, but it looks like they are just tying to add everything they can find, which will be extremely challenging and difficult to maintain so not sure what the chances are for successful completion or long term maintenance of the mod are.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

For those still interested in this idea, I've been playing around and did much of what I want in my world, and I'm about to start building my first buildcraft/IC stuff.

I put in these recipes:

0 0 3 3 0 stick 0 stick 0 stick 0 stick 0
4056 4 1 2 484 505
The first removes the regular gear recipe for BUildcraft.

The next adds a gear recipe requiring one gear and one haft (not shapeless, I couldn't figure out how to do that).

This fully puts buildcraft near the end of BTW tech, (glue/saw/strap needed) for engines of all sorts. Pipes are still cheap to make. I was considering getting the filiment involved with some of them, but I'm not sure.

For the iron, I used the smelting mod part of zombe's mod to put in these smelting recipes:

30249 506
265 265
The first makes refined iron come from smelting BTW Soulforged steel
The second makes iron come from smelting iron (I couldn't find another way to disable the iron->refined iron smelting besides this.

I don't know if this applies to the IC2 smelting blocks (the various furnaces), but I bet it does.

This puts IC2 after BTW as well.

Now BTW "Machines" are still necessary. The saw/cauldron needed for hafts, the turntable and kiln needed for urns, which are needed for steel which also requires the crucible. This keeps BTW in the game as long as you need refined iron, which is basically always.

I also need to set up a way of getting a lot of leather if I want to do a lot with Buildcraft. Also I need to venture frequently to the nether to get netherrack for steel and also I need to set up an automated system to make urns if I want to do a lot with IC2.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Maybe if you could it would be very useful to make instructions on how to make this modifications, and a list of recipes. Something easier to read, with pictures and all.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

jorgebonafe wrote:Maybe if you could it would be very useful to make instructions on how to make this modifications, and a list of recipes. Something easier to read, with pictures and all.
Sure, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was using zombe's mod pack in order to do this, the 1.8.1 version of course:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19090066/minecr ... l#versions

This was on top of the other mods I have installed:
  • BTW 2.88
  • BC 2.2.2
  • IC2 1.15
  • EE 4.16
  • PortalGun mod (V2, although V3 should be used now)
  • Wireless redstone
  • RecipeBook
  • TMI (for testing)
Of course, you'll also need all the things that are required for these (see their relevant threads)

One of the mods in Zombe's pack (recipe mod) allows you to alter recipes, including disabling recipes for items from other mods.

To turn that you on you need to alter the "config.txt" file which will be in mods/zombe folder after you install it, you'll want to have this in that file:

# ==================== recipe mod - aka. Custom Crafting Recipies ============
# Uncomment to enable mod:
modRecipeEnabled      = yes

# NB! Recipes are defined in recipes.txt - there are also the instructions.

# Show id of the item currently selected - useful for adding recipes to new items.
optRecipeShowId       = yes

# Show what recipes could be used with the items on crafting grid.
optRecipeShowHelp     = yes

# Option to preserve the vanilla recipeset for SMP.
optRecipeVanillaMP    = no

# Dumps all recipes to log file after loading recipes.txt - debug tool mostly.
optRecipeDump         = yes
So you remove the "#" that would be in yours, before "modRecipeEnabled", and I also change the "optRecipeShowHelp" to yes, and optRecipeDump to yes. optRecipeShowHelp has lead to some crashes before, so if that happens when you place items on a crafting crid, just turn it off, but normally it's extremely useful. optRecipeDump is good for seeing how the default recipes look (including mod ones), if it's on the the log.txt file in mods/zombe will have a huge list of recipes.

First make sure this all works and you can play with it. Once you're set you can start restricting access to some things. I use Zombe's recipe mod to move items from mods around so they aren't immediately accessible. The problem is these use the item values for those items, so they won't work if for some reason yours end up differently because of how forge/mod loader works. I'm not sure if that will happen, regardless I will explain each and if they don't work as-is you can use TMI to find out your item values.

This is my recipes.txt file:
Spoiler
Show

//[RECIPES=recipes-clean.txt] - removes all the vanilla game recipes - in case you want to start from nothing
[RECIPES=recipes-vanilla.txt] - all the vanilla game resipes are listed there for reference
//[RECIPES=recipes-example.txt] - uncomment to activate example-recipeset (rarely updated - mostly useful as an example)
//[RECIPES=recipes-spawner.txt] - uncomment to activate mob-spawner recipeset
[RECIPES]
// 

##################################################################################################################

############
// Here you can define your own recipes.
//
// Syntax: ResultItem ResultCount RecipeWidth RecipeHeight Recipe
//   ResultItem   - item this recipe will produce.
//   ResultCount  - how many of will be produced.
//   RecipeWidth  - width of recipe on crafting grid. Ex: torch recipe has a with of 1 on the crafting grid.
//   RecipeHeight - height of recipe on crafting grid. Ex: torch recipe has a height of 2 on the crafting grid.
//                  if height is 0 then the recipe will be shapeless (counts only WHAT is on the grid and not 

WHERE)
//   Recipe       - items that are used, row-by-row top-to-bottom. Ex: torch has "coal stick" or "C /" for short.
//
//   PS. Empty slots on the crafting grid are marked with number 0. Ex: "lighter 1 2 2 iron 0 0 flint"
//   PS. If ResultItem is 0 then the matching recipe will be removed. Ex: "0 0 1 2 C /" will remove the recipe
//       for torch if it existed.
//   PS. You can redefine recipe results without first removing the recipe. Ex: "torch 1 1 2 C /" will change
//       the torch recipe result (still produces torches, but only 1 instead of 4)
//   PS. Besides given item names (all names are defined in names.txt) you can also use their ids if you wish.
//

0 0 3 3 348 331 348 331 slimeball 331 348 331 348
0 0 3 3 331 348 331 348 slimeball 348 331 348 331
0 0 3 3 pearl coal pearl coal egg coal pearl coal pearl
0 0 3 3 coal pearl coal pearl egg pearl coal pearl coal
27526 1 3 3 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147
4056 4 1 2 484 505

At the top you want "[Recipes]" and "[RECIPES=recipes-vanilla.txt]" to not have two slashes before them.

The main thing is the last several lines, they are listed as described above in the recipe.txt, so I'll explain them each one by one by what they accomplish.
  1. 0 0 3 3 348 331 348 331 slimeball 331 348 331 348
    • disables the redstone/glowstone/slimeball recipe to make the Philsopher's Stone.
  2. 0 0 3 3 331 348 331 348 slimeball 348 331 348 331
    • disables the alternate redstone/glowstone/slimeball recipe to make the Philsopher's Stone.
  3. 0 0 3 3 pearl coal pearl coal egg coal pearl coal pearl
    • disables the coal/enderpearl/egg recipe to make the Philsopher's Stone.
  4. 0 0 3 3 coal pearl coal pearl egg pearl coal pearl coal
    • disables the alternate coal/enderpearl/egg recipe to make the Philsopher's Stone.
  5. 27526 1 3 3 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147
    • Creates a new recipe to make the philosopher's stone (27526), requiring 5 Irridium plates in an X (30147) and 4 UU matter in the spaces (30188).
  6. 0 0 3 2 30247/0 0 30247/0 0 30247/0 0
    • Removes the tin bucket recipe from IC2 (easily abused with BTW bucket->Iron crucible recipe.
  7. 4056 4 1 2 484 505
    • Allows Buildcraft wooden gears (4 of them) to be crafted from one gear and one haft (like torches, haft on top of gear though).
  8. 0 0 3 3 0 stick 0 stick 0 stick 0 stick 0
    • Removes the stickx4 recipe that makes buildcraft wooden gears.
This puts EE at the end of the IC2 tech tree, and buildcraft basically after you've automated much of BTW. To put IC2 after BTW, you need to use another Zombe's mod, go back to the config.txt in mods/zombe to this line:

#modFurnaceEnabled = yes
Remove that "#", save.

Now go to your smelting.txt file in the same folder and drop this at the bottom:

30249 506
265 265
The first line makes refined iron (IC2 requirement for mostly anything) from smelting soulforged steel (BTW).
The second line makes smelting iron output iron, a cheap way to disable iron -> refined iron.

Portalgun will be placed probably near end EE level (it's absurdly powerful and makes IC2 teleports useless in general), and wireless redstone probably will just require refined iron, haven't set that up yet.

I know I don't have any pictures but this is the process I would use to duplicate what I've done. If there are specific things you're having problems with I can go into more detail, the basic idea is install the mods, make sure they work, then tweak the recipe.txt and smelting.txt files until certain things are only accessible at certain points.

I definitely intend to make a more coherent guide to this but I'm still playtesting out the progression to make sure it feels right. If you need links to anything let me know, but the stuff listed above is really easy to find with google.
grwn

Post by grwn »

Mason11987 wrote: The first makes refined iron come from smelting BTW Soulforged steel
The second makes iron come from smelting iron (I couldn't find another way to disable the iron->refined iron smelting besides this.

I don't know if this applies to the IC2 smelting blocks (the various furnaces), but I bet it does.
Hey, just wanted to tell you that while it does work using the regular furnace, neither the iron or the electric furnace will accept this.

I too have been working on this and think I came up with a nice compromise: I decided to make the Machine Block out of both Soulforged Steel AND Refined Iron like this

R S R
S 0 S
R S R

with R being Refined Steel and S being Soulforged Steel. This will keep BTW in the game after you've started IC2. I also made two more changes, namely making the Treetap out of Moulding, instead of normal wooden planks, and requiring the Iron Furnace to have a Concentrated Hellfire ingot in the middle of the recipes.

Thanks for your idea on the Philosophers Stone by the way, I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to integrate it yet, but now I am. ;)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

grwn wrote: Hey, just wanted to tell you that while it does work using the regular furnace, neither the iron or the electric furnace will accept this.

I too have been working on this and think I came up with a nice compromise: I decided to make the Machine Block out of both Soulforged Steel AND Refined Iron like this

R S R
S 0 S
R S R

with R being Refined Steel and S being Soulforged Steel. This will keep BTW in the game after you've started IC2. I also made two more changes, namely making the Treetap out of Moulding, instead of normal wooden planks, and requiring the Iron Furnace to have a Concentrated Hellfire ingot in the middle of the recipes.

Thanks for your idea on the Philosophers Stone by the way, I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to integrate it yet, but now I am. ;)
Fantastic, thanks for testing it out. I definitely prefer your way, I don't really think the furnance mod in zombe is quite as good as the recipe mod, and this way I can completely ignore it. Treetap and iron furance ideas are great, well done. For anyone else following interested in using these recipes with zombe's recipe mod, here they are:

//Replace IC2 Machine Block recipe with one requiring some soulforged steel
0 0 3 3 30249 30249 30249 30249 0 30249 30249 30249 30249
128/0 1 3 3 506 30249 506 30249 0 30249 506 30249 506

//Replace IC2 Treetap recipe with one requiring moulding
0 0 3 3 0 wood 0 wood wood wood wood 0 0
30212 1 3 3 0 231 0 231 231 231 231 0 0

//Replace IC2 Iron Forge recipes with ones requiring a Concentrated Hellfire in the middle
0 0 3 3 iron iron iron iron 0 iron iron iron iron
128/1 1 3 3 iron iron iron iron 514 iron iron iron iron
0 0 3 3 0 iron 0 iron 0 iron iron furnace iron
128/1 1 3 3 0 iron 0 iron 514 iron iron furnace iron
My full recipes.txt as of now:
Spoiler
Show

//[RECIPES=recipes-clean.txt] - removes all the vanilla game recipes - in case you want to start from nothing
[RECIPES=recipes-vanilla.txt] - all the vanilla game resipes are listed there for reference
//[RECIPES=recipes-example.txt] - uncomment to activate example-recipeset (rarely updated - mostly useful as an 

example)

[RECIPES]
// 

##################################################################################################################

############
//
//   ResultItem   - item this recipe will produce.
//   ResultCount  - how many of will be produced.
//   RecipeWidth  - width of recipe on crafting grid. Ex: torch recipe has a with of 1 on the crafting grid.
//   RecipeHeight - height of recipe on crafting grid. Ex: torch recipe has a height of 2 on the crafting grid.
//                  if height is 0 then the recipe will be shapeless (counts only WHAT is on the grid and not 

WHERE)
//   Recipe       - items that are used, row-by-row top-to-bottom. Ex: torch has "coal stick" or "C /" for short.
//
//   PS. Empty slots on the crafting grid are marked with number 0. Ex: "lighter 1 2 2 iron 0 0 flint"
//   PS. If ResultItem is 0 then the matching recipe will be removed. Ex: "0 0 1 2 C /" will remove the recipe
//       for torch if it existed.
//   PS. You can redefine recipe results without first removing the recipe. Ex: "torch 1 1 2 C /" will change
//       the torch recipe result (still produces torches, but only 1 instead of 4)
//   PS. Besides given item names (all names are defined in names.txt) you can also use their ids if you wish.
//

//Remove Default EE recipes for Philospher's Stone
0 0 3 3 348 331 348 331 slimeball 331 348 331 348
0 0 3 3 331 348 331 348 slimeball 348 331 348 331
//Make P. Stone with UU matter and Irridium Plates
27526 1 3 3 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147 30188 30147
//Remove Default IC recipe for tin bucket
// Make Buildcraft gears with BTW wooden gear and haft
4056 4 1 2 484 505
//Remove Default Buildcraft recipe for wooden gear

//Replace IC2 Machine Block recipe with one requiring some soulforged steel
0 0 3 3 30249 30249 30249 30249 0 30249 30249 30249 30249
128/0 1 3 3 506 30249 506 30249 0 30249 506 30249 506

//Replace IC2 Treetap recipe with one requiring moulding
30212 1 3 3 0 231 0 231 231 231 231 0 0

//Replace IC2 Iron Forge recipes with ones requiring a Concentrated Hellfire in the middle
128/1 1 3 3 iron iron iron iron 514 iron iron iron iron
128/1 1 3 3 0 iron 0 iron 514 iron iron furnace iron
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Just playtested the entrance into IC2 stuff, one thing that seems off is that you can get generators (including solar), wires, batboxes, and solar panels without ever having to create a crucible in BTW (only needing concentrated hellfire). Unfortunately this means that you can even get the mining drill (and charge it) before steel tools, rendering them completely useless. Still need to think about this a little, any ideas?
grwn

Post by grwn »

Mason11987 wrote:Just playtested the entrance into IC2 stuff, one thing that seems off is that you can get generators (including solar), wires, batboxes, and solar panels without ever having to create a crucible in BTW (only needing concentrated hellfire). Unfortunately this means that you can even get the mining drill (and charge it) before steel tools, rendering them completely useless. Still need to think about this a little, any ideas?
Yup, you're completely right, I mistakenly assumed all machines needed Machine Blocks ..

For the generators it's pretty easy, you can either use a Machine Block, which already has Steel in it, or change the second recipe with the Refined Iron to Steel. Then there is the BatBox, well .. changing the wood to Sidings would at least require a saw, but I suppose you could change one of those to a Steel bar, the lower middle one for example.

The wires are a bit tricky indeed. Making insulated coppers wires already requires a saw, as the Treetap now needs moulding. Glue perhaps? It still wouldn't require a Crucible, but making electricity already uses that if you make Generators use Steel.

That's all I've got right now. :)

EDIT: Totally forgot about being able to craft certain things only on the Anvil, which requires steel .. We could use Redstone Eyes! And Stone Panels!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

grwn wrote:
Mason11987 wrote:Just playtested the entrance into IC2 stuff, one thing that seems off is that you can get generators (including solar), wires, batboxes, and solar panels without ever having to create a crucible in BTW (only needing concentrated hellfire). Unfortunately this means that you can even get the mining drill (and charge it) before steel tools, rendering them completely useless. Still need to think about this a little, any ideas?
Yup, you're completely right, I mistakenly assumed all machines needed Machine Blocks ..

For the generators it's pretty easy, you can either use a Machine Block, which already has Steel in it, or change the second recipe with the Refined Iron to Steel. Then there is the BatBox, well .. changing the wood to Sidings would at least require a saw, but I suppose you could change one of those to a Steel bar, the lower middle one for example.

The wires are a bit tricky indeed. Making insulated coppers wires already requires a saw, as the Treetap now needs moulding. Glue perhaps? It still wouldn't require a Crucible, but making electricity already uses that if you make Generators use Steel.

That's all I've got right now. :)
I think probably it would be sufficient to put generators after steel. I think I'll just remove the generator recipes using an iron furnace. That way they can only be made with a machine block, requiring 4 refined iron and 4 steel. This will make every generator (solar panel, etc) expensive in steel, which is what I'm going for. Unforunately this also means iron furnances can't be converted to generators... meh, that's alright.

//Remove Generator recipes using iron furnace, so machine blocks are required
0 0 1 3 30239/0 30249 128/1
0 0 1 3 30242/1 30249 128/1
Last edited by Mason11987 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grwn

Post by grwn »

Mason11987 wrote:I think probably it would be sufficient to put generators after steel. I think I'll just remove the generator recipes using an iron furnace. That way they can only be made with a machine block, requiring 4 refined iron and 4 steel. This will make every generator (solar panel, etc) expensive in steel, which is what I'm going for. Unforunately this also means iron furnances can't be converted to generators... meh, that's alright.
That works. I'll personally be keeping both, but changing the recipe with the Iron Furnace to require Steel instead of Refined Iron, making it slightly cheaper, but still requiring both.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I feel like these changes are good restrictions for BTW -> IC2, what do you think about BTW -> BC? I was thinking requiring hafts for wooden gears, but that doesn't feel right. Thoughts?
grwn

Post by grwn »

Mason11987 wrote:I feel like these changes are good restrictions for BTW -> IC2, what do you think about BTW -> BC? I was thinking requiring hafts for wooden gears, but that doesn't feel right. Thoughts?
I've been using the same recipe, but I suppose you could use the Steel Gear from the Dynamo mini-mod, instead of the normal BTW Gear so it requires Steel as well. It would make the Iron Gears quite expensive on the Iron side though ..
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

I've been wondering whether uu-matter is really the right place for the philosopher's stone. I mean, yes it's the highest tech material we have, but I'd have thought the p.stone really needs to have an even bigger gap, to encourage the development of a proper uu-generator complex. I'm not sure how to do it, though. Preferably uu-matter would at least reasonably be used to make something other than your first p.stone.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

You are right. People would just make a P stone with their first UU matter.

You want people to get at least some use out of it before making a P stone, which basically replaces the whole UU matter system.

What about a bunch of powerful UU matter/P stone recipes, so you still keep making UU matter and you turn it into, say, dark matter with the P stone.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Trouble is, one option will always be more powerful than the other. Either the rewards still won't be enough to be worth investing in more matter generators, or they'll be so large that they obsolete 'conventional' methods of getting DM. If you look at what the other things do in these mods (and the links), we can see that for instance we rely on even early tech water/windmills for the entire game (up to that point): for pumping bellows for the crucible and kiln, for using turntables to make urns, to drive millstones to make charcoal powder and ground netherrack to fill the urns, etc, all of which is needed for steel, which is in turn needed for the whole of IC2. I think the reason things fall apart when EE is reached is that it handles the concept of progression and things being easier to make the second time around in a different way. While most tech trees use the concept of making high tech things take a lot of resources to set up the machinery, which can then be reused to get more easily, EE uses the actual item to make it easier, by unlocking cheaper recipes. This means that all the machinery set up to allow the creation of the item is then obsolete.

The only real exceptions to this rule within EE are when you're unlikely to want to make more of the items (generally because they have no function except when equipped, and the effects do not stack), and ender matter. Ender matter needs ender pearls to make, which can only be obtained by killing endermen. This gives a use, however minor, to mob farms again. Couldn't we use a similar concept with the UU-matter?

My idea would be that each recipe to make one of the DM items needs 1 UU-matter, or maybe an iridium plate if a single UU isn't enough. This would keep UU important, which makes generators needed, etc. Or maybe each DM needs one iridium, full stop. That would make it more expensive in terms of UU, which is probably a good thing, while not undermining the concept of progression in EE. It would also have less recipes to balance. As you need the p.stone to make mobius fuel anyway, we wouldn't have to remove anything from the crafting recipe if we just replace the p.stone with iridium. How does that sound? (If it's a terrible idea, blame the cold I have stopping me from thinking :P)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

grwn wrote:
Mason11987 wrote:I feel like these changes are good restrictions for BTW -> IC2, what do you think about BTW -> BC? I was thinking requiring hafts for wooden gears, but that doesn't feel right. Thoughts?
I've been using the same recipe, but I suppose you could use the Steel Gear from the Dynamo mini-mod, instead of the normal BTW Gear so it requires Steel as well. It would make the Iron Gears quite expensive on the Iron side though ..
Not really, just time consuming. Once you have the setup in place an ingot of steel only costs 1 iron, 1 coal/charcoal, 1 clay ball and 8 netherrack. None of those additions are what you could consider costly resource-wise.
Better is the enemy of Good
Misticblade7

Post by Misticblade7 »

So how close is this 'fix' to being completed? :D
All the necessary text files will be posted on this forum, right?
Will the game break if I don't have EE, but its stuff is still in the Zombe's recipe file?

Looking forward to being able to have BTW and IC2 running in a way that makes sense together.
dariys

Post by dariys »

I've been working with this myself - and quite enjoying the progression feel of it.

One of the things I noticed was that the bronze armor from IC2 becomes not worthwhile if you limit the macerator, etc till after you get steel - so I've made some modifications to the mill stone to allow the tin and copper ores to be ground (but only yield 1 each). I'm also looking at trying to create more of a progression within IC2 stuff, but I'm not sure where that actually makes sense.

This is what I'm using for recipes.
Spoiler
Show
//[RECIPES=recipes-vanilla.txt] - all the vanilla game resipes are listed there for reference
//[RECIPES=recipes-example.txt] - uncomment to activate example-recipeset (rarely updated - mostly useful as an example)

[RECIPES]
// ##############################################################################################################################
//
// ResultItem - item this recipe will produce.
// ResultCount - how many of will be produced.
// RecipeWidth - width of recipe on crafting grid. Ex: torch recipe has a with of 1 on the crafting grid.
// RecipeHeight - height of recipe on crafting grid. Ex: torch recipe has a height of 2 on the crafting grid.
// if height is 0 then the recipe will be shapeless (counts only WHAT is on the grid and not WHERE)
// Recipe - items that are used, row-by-row top-to-bottom. Ex: torch has "coal stick" or "C /" for short.
//
// PS. Empty slots on the crafting grid are marked with number 0. Ex: "lighter 1 2 2 iron 0 0 flint"
// PS. If ResultItem is 0 then the matching recipe will be removed. Ex: "0 0 1 2 C /" will remove the recipe
// for torch if it existed.
// PS. You can redefine recipe results without first removing the recipe. Ex: "torch 1 1 2 C /" will change
// the torch recipe result (still produces torches, but only 1 instead of 4)
// PS. Besides given item names (all names are defined in names.txt) you can also use their ids if you wish.
//

// Ore Conversions
ICOreTin 1 1 0 RPOreTin
ICOreCopper 1 1 0 RPOreCopper

// Piston change
0 0 3 3 wood wood wood cobble iron cobble cobble red cobble
piston 1 3 3 BTWWoodPanel BTWWoodPanel BTWWoodPanel cobble iron cobble cobble red cobble

// IC Recipes
// Machine block - use steel instead of iron
0 0 3 3 ICRefinedIron ICRefinedIron ICRefinedIron ICRefinedIron 0 ICRefinedIron ICRefinedIron ICRefinedIron ICRefinedIron
ICMachineBlock 1 3 3 BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot 0 BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot

ICIronFurnace 1 3 3 BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot 0 BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot
ICIronFurnace 1 3 3 0 BTWSteelIngot 0 BTWSteelIngot 0 BTWSteelIngot BTWSteelIngot furnace BTWSteelIngot

ICItemTreetap 1 3 3 0 BTWMoulding 0 BTWMoulding BTWMoulding BTWMoulding BTWMoulding 0 0

// Remove Tin bucket recipe
0 0 3 2 ICTinIngot 0 ICTinIngot 0 ICTinIngot 0

// RP Recipes
0 0 3 3 blockB blockB blockB blockB 0 blockB blockB blockB blockB

RPFurnace 1 3 3 BTWSteelIngot blockB BTWSteelIngot blockB 0 blockB BTWSteelIngot blockB BTWSteelIngot

0 0 3 3 cobble storage cobble cobble piston cobble cobble red cobble
0 0 3 3 cobble pickI cobble cobble piston cobble cobble red cobble
0 0 3 3 cobble cobble cobble wood piston wood cobble red cobble
0 0 3 3 cobble cobble cobble gold piston gold cobble RPRedDopedWafer cobble

RPDeployer 1 3 3 cobble storage cobble cobble ICMachineBlock cobble cobble red cobble
RPBlockBreaker 1 3 3 cobble pickI cobble cobble ICMachineBlock cobble cobble red cobble
RPTransposer 1 3 3 cobble cobble cobble wood ICMachineBlock wood cobble red cobble
RPFilter 1 3 3 cobble cobble cobble gold ICMachineBlock gold cobble RPRedDopedWafer cobble

//RPItemDetector 1 3 3 RPBrassIngot RPTube RPBrassIngot RPRedDopedWafer plateW RPRedDopedWafer wood RPTube wood

// BC Items

// Remove wood gear
0 0 3 3 0 cobble 0 cobble BCWoodGear cobble 0 cobble 0
0 0 3 3 0 iron 0 iron BCStoneGear iron 0 iron 0
BCStoneGear 1 3 3 0 cobble 0 cobble BTWWoodGear cobble 0 cobble 0
BCIronGear 1 3 3 0 BTWSteelIngot 0 BTWSteelIngot BCStoneGear BTWSteelIngot 0 BTWSteelIngot 0

// Engines

0 0 3 3 wood wood wood 0 glass 0 BCWoodGear piston BCWoodGear
0 0 3 3 cobble cobble cobble 0 glass 0 BCStoneGear piston BCStoneGear
0 0 3 3 iron iron iron 0 glass 0 BCIronGear piston BCIronGear

BCRedstoneEngine 1 3 3 BTWWoodPanel BTWWoodPanel BTWWoodPanel BTWFilament glass BTWFilament BTWWoodGear piston BTWWoodGear
BCSteamEngine 1 3 3 cobble cobble cobble 0 glass 0 BCStoneGear ICBlockGenerator BCStoneGear
BCCombustionEngine 1 3 3 iron iron iron 0 glass 0 BCIronGear ICBlockGenerator BCIronGear

0 0 3 3 0 BCWoodGear 0 BCWoodGear workbench BCWoodGear 0 BCWoodGear 0
mod_BuildCraftFactory_BlockID.buildcraft.factory.BlockAutoWorkbench 1 3 3 0 BTWWoodGear 0 BTWWoodGear workbench BTWWoodGear 0 BTWWoodGear 0

// Forestry

// Remove bronze ingot
0 0 2 2 ICCopperIngot ICCopperIngot ICCopperIngot ICTinIngot

0 0 3 3 FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot 0 FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot
FSturdyMachine 1 3 3 ICBronzeIngot 0 ICBronzeIngot 0 ICMachineBlock 0 ICBronzeIngot 0 ICBronzeIngot

0 0 3 3 0 FBronzeIngot 0 FBronzeIngot BCStoneGear FBronzeIngot 0 FBronzeIngot 0
0 0 3 3 FBronzeIngot 0 FBronzeIngot 0 FBronzeIngot 0 0 FBronzeIngot 0
FBronzeGear 1 3 3 0 ICBronzeIngot 0 ICBronzeIngot BCStoneGear ICBronzeIngot 0 ICBronzeIngot 0

0 0 3 3 FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot FBronzeIngot 0 glass 0 FBronzeGear piston FBronzeGear
0 0 3 3 FBronzeIngot glass FBronzeIngot glass FSturdyMachine glass FBronzeIngot glass FBronzeIngot
mod_Forestry_BlockID.forestry.energy.BlockEngine 1 3 3 ICBronzeIngot ICBronzeIngot ICBronzeIngot 0 glass 0 FBronzeGear piston FBronzeGear
FFarm 1 3 3 ICBronzeIngot glass ICBronzeIngot glass FSturdyMachine glass ICBronzeIngot glass ICBronzeIngot

// Steves Carts
0 0 3 3 iron iron iron iron furnace iron iron iron iron
SCEngine 1 3 3 0 iron 0 iron ICBlockGenerator iron 0 iron 0

0 0 3 3 iron iron iron storage storage storage iron iron iron
mod_stevescarts_BlockID.BlockCargoManager 1 3 3 iron iron iron storage ICMachineBlock storage iron iron iron

// EE Recipes

// PStone recipes
0 0 3 3 yellow red yellow red slimeball red yellow red yellow
0 0 3 3 red yellow red yellow slimeball yellow red yellow red

mod_EE_ItemID.ItemPhilosopherStone 1 3 3 ICIridium coal ICIridium coal ICIridium coal ICIridium coal ICIridium

// Dark Matter
0 0 3 3 blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel mod_EE_ItemID.ItemPhilosopherStone EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD
0 0 3 3 EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD mod_EE_ItemID.ItemPhilosopherStone blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel

EEDarkMatter 1 3 3 blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel ICIridium EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD
EEDarkMatter 1 3 3 EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD ICIridium blockD EEMobiusFuel blockD EEMobiusFuel
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

The whole combining of EE is going to have to be rethought with its update, I guess. In particular, it's now possible to make dark matter (slowly) without a philosopher's stone, IIRC. It's expensive, needing AT LEAST a diamond block for a condenser, and preferably another for a collector, but it would be fairly easy to do within the time frame we're talking about. A lot of recipes would also have to be reviewed.