Weekly Poll: #11 How many(double)chests do you have?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

How many(double)chests do you have on your main world?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:49 pm

1. < 5
5%
2. 5-10
20%
3. 10 - 20
13%
4. 20 - 30
15%
5. 30 - 40
8%
6. 40 - 50
3%
7. 50 - 75
8%
8. 75 - 100
3%
9. 100 - 150
8%
10. > 150
20%

Total votes: 40
Katalliaan

Re: Weekly Poll: #10 What languages do you speak?

Post by Katalliaan »

I speak a little Spanish, thanks to classes in middle school and high school, but I don't know enough and don't speak it well enough to count it as a second language.

Also, I try to figure out what something in another language means before I just give up and run it through a translator. Doesn't happen too often, though - mostly when jeb_ gets a tweet from someone in Swedish.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Shengji wrote:
Gilberreke wrote:I'm not Dutch, I'm Belgian, so it's not the windmills :p

Dutchtopia is more than just The Netherlands :p
:P hehe

Out of curiosity, recent politics excluded - what's the light hearted stereotypes Europe (and the Americas) have about Brits - is it as I would assume, repression and being bad at football (soccer)
From an American's point of view... You drink way too much tea, and speak like an uptight rich person. I haven't heard anything about repression, but yes we do make fun of you for playing it. Can I ask, do Brits make fun of Americans and how they speak (I.E. Gangsta-ish)?

On Topic:
I speak english, and can read and write enough German to survive, but don't ask me to speak it (Let's just say I'm not the best speaker.)
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Shengji wrote:Out of curiosity, recent politics excluded - what's the light hearted stereotypes Europe (and the Americas) have about Brits - is it as I would assume, repression and being bad at football (soccer)
In Belgium, you are considered good at football, only the Brits themselves seem to think they are bad

In general, we view Brits as rude, uncivilized drunks, who only watch football and shout very loudly. Oh, and you all have beer-bellies and bald heads and you're very women unfriendly. That or the obvious stereotype that you're cockneys, drink tea and wear bowler hats.

Any stereotypes about the Belgians? I'm curious :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I want a bowler hat :(
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Gilberreke wrote:
Shengji wrote:Out of curiosity, recent politics excluded - what's the light hearted stereotypes Europe (and the Americas) have about Brits - is it as I would assume, repression and being bad at football (soccer)
In Belgium, you are considered good at football, only the Brits themselves seem to think they are bad

In general, we view Brits as rude, uncivilized drunks, who only watch football and shout very loudly. Oh, and you all have beer-bellies and bald heads and you're very women unfriendly. That or the obvious stereotype that you're cockneys, drink tea and wear bowler hats.

Any stereotypes about the Belgians? I'm curious :)
The only one I've ever heard is that you like waffles. Thats about it.

And I want a bowler hat too.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Sky_Som wrote:The only one I've ever heard is that you like waffles. Thats about it.
Well, obviously, we invented the darn things
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

Gilberreke wrote:
Sky_Som wrote:The only one I've ever heard is that you like waffles. Thats about it.
Well, obviously, we invented the darn things
So that means that you have to like them? I must be missing the connection here.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Sky_Som wrote:So that means that you have to like them? I must be missing the connection here.
I... think so? Not sure actually :D
M!C

Post by M!C »

Gilberreke wrote:
Sky_Som wrote:So that means that you have to like them? I must be missing the connection here.
I... think so? Not sure actually :D
Well, I dislike much of what you would call typical German food so I'd say no you don't have to like them. ;)
Zaikantos

Post by Zaikantos »

Too bad Dutch isn't on there... Ah well 'other' will work.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Zaikantos wrote:Too bad Dutch isn't on there... Ah well 'other' will work.
In hindsight I should have added that rather than Portugese or Russian but how could I know beforehand?
Sorry for being a bad neighbor, can you forgive me?
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Spoiler
Show
Tsugumi Henduluin wrote:
Rachey wrote: Dutch (Learning)
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS!?
*insert meme picture here*

Seriously though, I'm rather curious to why anyone would want to learn Dutch, considering it's probably one of the ugliest languages in the world, not to mention one of the most difficult ones. (The fact that various grammar and spelling rules change every 5 or so years doesn't really help much either)[/quote]

I actually like the sound of the language :) And I have alot of Dutch friends from WoW :) (this means I must learn what they say in Dutch so I cannot understand!!!)
M!C

Re: Weekly Poll: #11 How many(double)chests do you have?

Post by M!C »

Ok, next poll is up and running (thanks to sargunster again).

I'd also like to recommend this one.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I have one room with 60 doublechests atm, but it's a young world. Gonna need more >.>
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Stormweaver wrote:I have one room with 60 doublechests atm, but it's a young world. Gonna need more >.>
That's pretty much what my world looks like, too. In the future there will be several outposts all with their own storage ... which usually results in hundreds of chests.

Are you also one of those people who don't throw away anything? I am. I never throw away nothing. Not even a dirt block or a damn sapling. Who knows when I'll need that special dirt block again? It's not like there are a million others I could use. No, I need THAT block.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

M!C wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:I have one room with 60 doublechests atm, but it's a young world. Gonna need more >.>
That's pretty much what my world looks like, too. In the future there will be several outposts all with their own storage ... which usually results in hundreds of chests.

Are you also one of those people who don't throw away anything? I am. I never throw away nothing. Not even a dirt block or a damn sapling. Who knows when I'll need that special dirt block again? It's not like there are a million others I could use. No, I need THAT block.
I actually ran out of dirt a while back. And now I'm never going to throw dirt away again.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

I have a tower dedicated to chests. Every floor holding 32 chests. and there is 6 floors currently
holding 192 chests. total ( no mods no hacks ) most are empty at the moment thought. And that is not including my other small camps and temp bases.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

...I've got four double chests (and ten small chests, filled with cobble).
I only need one for valuables, one for materials and farmable items, and two for junk to sort later.
I throw alot of things.
Spoiler
Show
<insert a stupid ASCII art of an alot here>
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Sky_Som wrote:From an American's point of view... You drink way too much tea, and speak like an uptight rich person. I haven't heard anything about repression, but yes we do make fun of you for playing it. Can I ask, do Brits make fun of Americans and how they speak (I.E. Gangsta-ish)?
Hey now!!! How dare you suggest that there might be such a thing as "too much tea"

I guess our American stereotypes vary from state to state and are much the same as your own - the only one I don't think is common over here is your Canadian stereotypes - we tend to think of Canada as a fairly cold but clean and modern place - I can't really think of a popular negative stereotype about them.
Gilberreke wrote: Any stereotypes about the Belgians? I'm curious :)
Nice chocolate and beer, very expensive to go on holiday to
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

You know you're a storage fiend when you have a double chest full of yellow flowers... because, you know, you might need yellow flowers some day.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

M!C wrote:Are you also one of those people who don't throw away anything? I am. I never throw away nothing. Not even a dirt block or a damn sapling. Who knows when I'll need that special dirt block again? It's not like there are a million others I could use. No, I need THAT block.
Are you suggesting that it is okay to throw things away? I have throw away one thing is my first world, turns out I really did need that obsidian latter. I now keep everything in my ~20 double chests.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Not sure how many double-chests I have, but it's not that many (probably less than 20) as I tend to send everything I don't need off to storage locations in storage minecarts.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

A side goal I always start to work towards in any world is to have a secret location that has at double chest full of every item in the game. Much more complicated with BTW worlds.

Yes. I know it's weird. It's the CDO in me.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:A side goal I always start to work towards in any world is to have a secret location that has at double chest full of every item in the game. Much more complicated with BTW worlds.
Hehe...yeah, I have chests that contain a single instance of each item and block in the mod, and currently just the blocks take up a full chest and a bit, and the items fill slightly less than 1 chest.

You won't be able to do it with a single chest ;)
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

@morveliera
A double chest filled with windmills?
oh my.

Do you put EVERY item inside?
what about dung blocks? or unstackable items?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/