A new idéa for forum introduction.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Simone

A new idéa for forum introduction.

Post by Simone »

Ive been thinking a bit on how to minimize hostile forum interactions, and people who are to lazy to try and understand others feelings.

What if we changed the "confirmation on not being a bot" message, to rewrite(clarification: as in writing a copy of a text) a part of text where you promise to adhere to forum rules and policies, as well as promoting a positive atmosphere.
And at the same time, stress the fact that these forums are stricter on these things than forums in general.

The idéa here is to reinforce the intent of these forums on the new users. Psychology at work : )
And while we are at is, just to be fair we might as well make all existing users sign this as well.

Whould that work?
What do you guys think?

What promted this is a worry of how these forums might develop in the future.
Last edited by Simone on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stormweaver

Re: A new idéa for forum introduction.

Post by Stormweaver »

I think a personal statement from each forum user would be a nice touch to be honest. If it requires validation or similar though...I don't know what kinds of effort would need to go into setting it up. If it's simple and wouldn't take sarg too long...I guess it'd be his call.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Simone

Post by Simone »

Stormweaver wrote:I think a personal statement from each forum user would be a nice touch to be honest. If it requires validation or similar though...I don't know what kinds of effort would need to go into setting it up. If it's simple and wouldn't take sarg too long...I guess it'd be his call.
Oh i didn't mean a personal statement. That would be way to resource heavy.
Just that you write a copy of a text.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Simone wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:I think a personal statement from each forum user would be a nice touch to be honest. If it requires validation or similar though...I don't know what kinds of effort would need to go into setting it up. If it's simple and wouldn't take sarg too long...I guess it'd be his call.
Oh i didn't mean a personal statement. That would be way to resource heavy.
Just that you write a copy of a text.
ah.

meh, similar thing I guess.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.