Thank you Flower Child

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Simone

Thank you Flower Child

Post by Simone »

What the topic header says.

I created this user name, just to express my thanks to you Flower Child.
What you have created is simply amazing, and has given me many many hours of creative bliss (and brainworkout :) )

So when you meet the whiners, and the spoiled people, think of all us that have used your mod, and had fun with it!
Think of the hundreds(thousands?) of hours of fun you have given us collectively, when you sit there and try to get the coding right, and/or when things doesn't work out quite as intended.

I think i can speak for most of us here on the forum, when i say: I love you, and the work you have put into this creation.

Sincerely - Simone
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Thank you Flower Child

Post by FlowerChild »

Wow. Thanks man, that's very nice of you to say :)

Having a thick-skin seems to be part of this whole modding business, but having this kind of gratitude expressed definitely make me a happier camper overall :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Best first post if i have ever since one. FC knows everyone on this forums cares for him, and respects him, right?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

He ought to! Lord knows I offer to bake for him enough, and I don't bake for just anyone. :)

Yes, FC. I mean real food. Not minecraft cake. ;)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
M!C

Post by M!C »

walker_boh_65 wrote:FC knows everyone on this forums cares for him, and respects him, right?
I think we should remind him more often!

Thanks FC!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Simone wrote:Think of the hundreds(thousands?) of hours of fun you have given us collectively,
As someone who has probably logged a few hundred hours of BTW gameplay on his own, I'm pretty sure the collective number's more likely in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of. Gotta say FC, the mod's still as amazing as the first day I downloaded it, and...you know? I don't think I'll ever be able to go back. No other mod has the progression, the depth, or the intelligence requirement of what you've given us. In all honesty I think BTW is too good, and you should probably make it worse otherwise we're all going to end up spoiled and unable to stand the futile attempts at entertainment other modders offer -.-

...on second thoughts...no. We want to be spoiled FC. We'll even send you beer money to help ^.^
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I'm embarrassed that I assumed my appreciation had been noted. I think most of us are humbled by a first post like this and I would like to take the opportunity to express my own gratitude.

I first got into minecraft last November and had tremendous fun for a good long while. Built a massive 20 meter tall wall around a square kilometer of ground, constructed the hull of a scale model space carrier, etc. Then it all seemed to get really old, really fast. Better Than Wolves changed all of that for me. I had tried other mods before like Buildcraft or IC but aside from a few gimmicks based around endgame materials or things they added on top of vanilla, they didn't add all that much to the game. BTW has excellent uses for wood! Things to start building from day one that will continue seeing use throughout a growing tech tree. It makes my inner engineer and outer general contractor sing in unison.

Better Than Wolves has added the gameplay I expected Minecraft to grow into when I made my purchase. Notch is still a great designer and very intelligent person but what he wants to make is a dungeon crawler. Minecraft is so much more than that. This is the first truly open world in video games both in what can be done and accessibility. Flowerchild's work has given us the tools to truly shape it to our will.
Better is the enemy of Good
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Best. first. post. ever.
Thank you Simone :) (et en voiture !) (pretty sure nobody will get that joke :p)
And yeah, obviously, thanks Flower :)
Can't wait to see what great stuff you'll make now that the tedious updating process is over.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Simone wrote:Think of the hundreds(thousands?) of hours of fun you have given us collectively,
Well, i know for a fact that diegos stream has clocked in 100+ hours of him playing this mod, plus the 8-15 people watching, that alone brings it into the thousands,
Stormweaver wrote:...on second thoughts...no. We want to be spoiled FC. We'll even send you beer money to help ^.^
spoiled, not a chance! We just feel we deserve everything we ask for ;-) Beer money and morv's baking, maybe i should start modding ;-)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Yeah, all the other modders will get depressed and subsequently stop modding :(
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

All of the above ^^ Thank you. I guess that says it all
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Simone

Post by Simone »

DaveYanakov wrote:I'm embarrassed that I assumed my appreciation had been noted. I think most of us are humbled by a first post like this and I would like to take the opportunity to express my own gratitude.
I have often noticed that we don't express out love and feeling enough in todays society. And i think it is a shame. I think we all need to learn to thank people more, not as you say, make the assumption that others know how we feel.
And even if they do know, it still makes a huge differense to say it. Feelings are on a different level than the purely intellectual. At least in my experiance.

- Simone
Simone

Post by Simone »

FlowerChild wrote:Wow. Thanks man, that's very nice of you to say :)

Having a thick-skin seems to be part of this whole modding business, but having this kind of gratitude expressed definitely make me a happier camper overall :)
You are welcome *smiles*
rbh

Post by rbh »

Good to see more (intelligent) people enjoying the mod.
Battosay wrote: (et en voiture !) (pretty sure nobody will get that joke :p)
I do.Mais je dois dire qu'elle était un peu facile celle la.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

rbh wrote:Mais je dois dire qu'elle était un peu facile celle la.
Je sais, mais j'ai pas pu résister :p
C'est pas tous les jour qu'on croise une Simone :)
rbh

Post by rbh »

Battosay wrote: C'est pas tous les jour qu'on croise une Simone :)
Vrai. Attention quand une Monique s'inscrira (2 qui la tienne ...)
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

It is truly amazing when someone opens his heart in an honest sign of gratitude, and I feel compelled to do so too. Thank you Flowerchild, for devoting so much effort and asking nothing in return, I wish our world leaders were more like you :P

And as for you Simone, I humbly invite you to participate in our community. You are most welcome ;)

Considering all the non-hardcore people in the MC forums and (God forbid!) the Yogaboos that played with it temporarily, we may be indeed looking at over a hundred thousand hours of gameplay. That is pretty beast!

rbh wrote:

Okay you two, I can't stand it anymore. Explain that at once!
Cultures are born and die, but the cheese is immortal.

-A very wise man
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Quesoman wrote:
rbh wrote:

Okay you two, I can't stand it anymore. Explain that at once!
Bien sûr, il dit que la blague est facile à comprendre, mais je ne suis pas d'accord. Maintenant, vous comprenez? Moi non plus. Qui sont Simone et Monique?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Etait-ce vraiment facile à comprendre? (I hope this is right)
Necropolis

Post by Necropolis »

Je ne comprende pas. Quest-que c'est tout le monde parlent francais?

Oh, et je t'aime, aussi, FC.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

The derailment of this heartwarming thread is brought to you by:
The French :D
OT: Great first post. Mine was basically asking if fc remembered me from the mcf thread, lolz.
Haku77

Post by Haku77 »

Simone wrote:What the topic header says.

I created this user name, just to express my thanks to you Flower Child.
What you have created is simply amazing, and has given me many many hours of creative bliss (and brainworkout :) )

So when you meet the whiners, and the spoiled people, think of all us that have used your mod, and had fun with it!
Think of the hundreds(thousands?) of hours of fun you have given us collectively, when you sit there and try to get the coding right, and/or when things doesn't work out quite as intended.

I think i can speak for most of us here on the forum, when i say: I love you, and the work you have put into this creation.

Sincerely - Simone
+1
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I wish my first post was this nice.

I too, would like to say that I've logged a ton of hours (more than I'd care to admit.. :P) making stuff using BTW.

And I got most of the French. Not fluent by a longshot, but I can comprehend most writing. (Been doing it for probably 8 years, but I was really young when I started).
IGN: Camerinthus
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

BinoAl wrote:The derailment of this heartwarming thread is brought to you by:
The French :D
They're on to us! Quick, surrender!
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Gilberreke wrote: