Steam Roller

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Paul the Carrot

Steam Roller

Post by Paul the Carrot »

Basically, a steam roller would be used to flatten down surfaces. It could only be able to flatten dirt, and only up to a certain height. Please comment on your thoughts :)
grimper12341

Re: Steam Roller

Post by grimper12341 »

Don't exactly get the point of it. A steam roller doesn't move fast, and it would clear a path max 4 blocks wide unless it was ridiculously oversized. You could clear that area much faster with a diamond/steel shovel.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

It's not a bad idea if it can be balanced right, I suppose. The biggest problem is that Steve's tech level in BTW is currently so far away from vehicles of any kind that it's probably just best to table this until later.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Paul the Carrot

Yeah I wasn't thinking put it in immediately. Perhaps it could lay blocks as well so that it wouldn't be pointless?
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

Actually if you subtract the steam part, a giant roller made of solid stone isn't out of the tech tree at all. If you've read any of the Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore the "goblin juicer" should bring up a rather accurate image ;) besides making paper thin mobs I don't see this ever being added. If your only looking to level something only 1-2 blocks high a shovel is more than enough to do the job. Anything higher than that would be done with TNT and some filling in of holes that got blasted a lil too deep.
Paul the Carrot

I suppose so. I just get annoyed when I need space to build something and there's heaps of work to be done before I can even build >:)