Ultimate mining mod?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
splunker1

Ultimate mining mod?

Post by splunker1 »

The mod I've alwase wanted, but cant seem to find. Basically, I want a mining mod that comes with countless more minerals, refining methods, and mining methods. I know builder craft (or was it industrial craft?) Has some of those things, but I want it in a more classic feel, if you know what I mean. So, does anyone know about a mod like this? (preferably compatible with BTW.)
Or, maybe not...
walker_boh_65

Re: Ultimate mining mod?

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I think Eloraam is adding some of this stuff in RP2, but that might add more stuff then what you are looking for. There is a mod called mystic ores I stumbled upon one time, it had about a half a dozen new ores.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

There's one out there called "More Ores", although it doesn't seem to be quite what you're looking for.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

It sounds a lot like what GeoCraft will be, if they ever actually make the mod.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

morvelaira wrote:It sounds a lot like what GeoCraft will be, if they ever actually make the mod.
Something tells me my project is going to be finished before that one is.

On the topic of ores, I had a really good idea for a mining overhaul mod. But I misplaced the document I had on it.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I don't think better mining would come from a lot more ores, but more varied mining, such as needing to add support structures to larger mines, cluster-based ore spawns, etc. Seeing as much of the game is spent in your mine, i don't see why Mojang hasn't added much to mining to make it more interesting. The biggest change to mining thus far has been caves, imo
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Bino - I remember seeing a mod that required structures to have support, but I don't remember the name of it. Since the only thing I can remember about it is the word "support", it makes finding it again fairly difficult.

EDIT: Think I found the mod I was thinking of (zalg's Pseudo Physics), although it's not been updated and the related forum posts have been deleted, as well as a similar mod that has been kept updated but isn't quite the same (All Will Fall).
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire