1.9 pre-release feature discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DocLazy

Re: 1.9 pre-release feature discussion

Post by DocLazy »

logorouge wrote:Ouf. Glad to hear that. Obligatory manual feeding for any animal breeding just sounds tedious. Unless Mojang give us a trough/feeding tray block... but I doubt it. (would be a neat use for wheat though)
I was hoping they would do something like this as well. Not so much for breeding but just to keep the animals alive, it'd also make sense with sheep regrowing their wool. One way to trigger breeding would be to increase the food amount. It could be fun finding a balance between starvation and explosive breeding.

On the animal egg thing. I'm not sure why they don't just go with cages.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Is there a downside to explosive breeding? Just turn the surplus population into glue!

Um, I mean the surplus animals, of course...
Better is the enemy of Good
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

logorouge wrote:Ouf. Glad to hear that. Obligatory manual feeding for any animal breeding just sounds tedious. Unless Mojang give us a trough/feeding tray block... but I doubt it. (would be a neat use for wheat though)
Reminded me of a vent discussion a while back about wheat or grain becoming a finite liquid for storage in silos/redistribution to animals.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Oh my, I finally got to play the 1.9p2 release a bit today and the thing that annoys me the most are endermen by far. I had a couple (for what ever reason) spawn in my manson and killing them is a chore. Its not that they are difficult to kill, its just that the random teleportation causes them to spawn everywhere and if your house has a couple of rooms its starting to take a while to hunt them down and strike em 5 times with a sword (because arrows are utterly pointless now against them).

Also the breeding is a bit over the top for my taste, but I guess because you guys liked spawner traps that much you won't bother with this anyway :P.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, but the Other Forum posted a few things about 1.9 that intrigued me. I'll just quote the interesting bits.
Spoiler
Show
Jeb has been discussing potions quite a bit lately - it seemed in the early stages of planning that potions would be brewed using a cauldron. However, recent comments strongly suggest that the cauldron is being replaced with a brewing stand (seen above).
Thank god they didn't go with the cauldron, making a duplicate item.
In addition - Notch strongly hinted at an upcoming enchantment system, complete with an enchanting table or similar object (seen below). While he did confirm that it would cost Experience Points, have a 3-tier system and be "totally random", any other information on the topic has been somewhat cryptic.
Obligatory Staff of Lightening pipe-dream. However, once the 1.9, and potentially 1.10 changes are established, and these new systems are clearly defined, it would be interesting to see what FC could do to extend and weave these new systems into his own vision of a tech tree. Not trying to rush anything, of course. ;)
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
r00xy

Post by r00xy »

According to wiki:http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Cauldron Jeb stated that the cauldron is infact staying in the game...
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

r00xy wrote:
According to wiki:http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Cauldron Jeb stated that the cauldron is infact staying in the game...
Yep, but so far it has absolutely no use
r00xy

Post by r00xy »

Iguess we will ignore the vMC Cauldron then (till it gets a function)... or isit possible to fuse it with the BTW one.

Well i couldnt find a recipie (how to build it^^) for the vmc cauldron so i guess its not that big a deal yet.
And i dont think itll be such a cool one as the BTW recipie.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

The vMC cauldron has coding, but no way to get it legitimately, similar to how the cobwebs were.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Baby animals confirmed!

I'm so glad Notch decided to implement this. I'm just wondering if chickens and wolves are also getting babies?
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

They look so terrible. xD I wish they looked more like the baby animals mod.
Urian

Post by Urian »

They'll live their entire lives in darkness, in an animal processing plant. They're born, they spend their childhood stowed away and when they're finally out of it they have an appointment with Mr. Saw. While I agree that it would be even more fun to put cute baby animals through that, I'm satisfied with ugly ones as well.

It's all done in the name of science of course.

Beautiful, beautiful science.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Chibi animals. Just what minecraft needed.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Miss_Kat wrote:They look so terrible. xD I wish they looked more like the baby animals mod.
Oh, come on! They look awesome!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Tekei wrote:
Miss_Kat wrote:They look so terrible. xD I wish they looked more like the baby animals mod.
Lol, not really :p
They remind me of my old Goldeney on Nintendo 64, when you used the "Big Heads" cheat :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Battosay wrote:
Tekei wrote:
Lol, not really :p
They remind me of my old Goldeney on Nintendo 64, when you used the "Big Heads" cheat :)
To each his own I guess. :)
I for one think they look awesome and the big heads kinda makes sense given the fact that a newborns head is almost twice as big in proportion to its body when compared to an adult. (That is for humans though, I have no idea if that translates to animals).
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Tekei wrote:
They look like deformed bobble-heads. xD Bigger heads is fine, just slightly-smaller-but-identical-to-adult-heads... not so much? I'm really hoping they don't just pull their texture from the adult animals, so that they can be reskinned differently by texture pack makers.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

personally, i think they look AMAZING!!!!
%)
what?
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Provided that there will be a non-carpal crushing way to facilitate breeding, baby animals will give pulleys a whole new purpose.
Better is the enemy of Good
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

DaveYanakov wrote:Provided that there will be a non-carpal crushing way to facilitate breeding, baby animals will give pulleys a whole new purpose.
More than breeding, I want a way to separate the babies from the parents so that we can send them to an area to grow, then be ground into things I need.

>:)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

well if theyre 1x1x1 then they can go into 1 blck holes while others cant...
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

my plan is the have a breeding area, with a chequerboard floor for the babies to...explore. This will lead them into a water pit trap, but instead of saws it'll be a water stream in a one block high corridor. They can stay there till they mature, at which point they'll be too big, suffocate and drop all their goodness onto my hopper.

Only more evil way I can think of involves water, soul sand and a platform, repeatedly showing the babies the sawblades until they grow up and can meet them personally.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Urian wrote:They'll live their entire lives in darkness, in an animal processing plant. They're born, they spend their childhood stowed away and when they're finally out of it they have an appointment with Mr. Saw. While I agree that it would be even more fun to put cute baby animals through that, I'm satisfied with ugly ones as well.

It's all done in the name of science of course.

Beautiful, beautiful science.
I kinda want to do a documentary on FC's pre-1.8 animal factory. A feature length presentation.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Stormweaver wrote:my plan is the have a breeding area, with a chequerboard floor for the babies to...explore. This will lead them into a water pit trap, but instead of saws it'll be a water stream in a one block high corridor. They can stay there till they mature, at which point they'll be too big, suffocate and drop all their goodness onto my hopper.

Only more evil way I can think of involves water, soul sand and a platform, repeatedly showing the babies the sawblades until they grow up and can meet them personally.
Love the first idea, I was thinking something similar, I'm just hoping they actually are one cubic meter.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

KWilt wrote: I kinda want to do a documentary on FC's pre-1.8 animal factory. A feature length presentation.
Unfortunately, it looks like the protestors outside the facility have finally succeeded in shutting it down. It shall forever remain as a reminder of a past barbaric era, and to act as inspiration in motivating me towards new forms of atrocities ;)