1.9 pre-release or full tomorrow.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
echo off

Re: 1.9 pre-release or full tomorrow.

Post by echo off »

I don't understand why he expects people to like (in lack of better terms) half-ass content, and call it a complete game
it's worth noting that the game still say's Beta in the top left corner. that's not an accident :/

both notch and jeb indicate through twitter than they hope to get something out tomorrow. i'd say it has enough content to be 1.9 after all, it's got snowgolems, 2 new nethermobs, incomplete, but still spawning npc villagers, new nether structures and several new blocks. but i guess if it doesn't have animal breeding, it shouldn't be 1.9, just a minor patch.
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

I guess we have to remember that this game is STILL Beta. It may be the longest Beta ever, but it still is.
It'd just be nice if Mojang could at least have some sort of stable mod support so that each update doesn't
break all mods...i.e a 1.7.3 mod working with version 1.9 for example.
Urian

Post by Urian »

1.9 pre-release today and they'll release "real" 1.9 based on feedback - a good decision IMO and closer to how betas are usually handled :)

There will be a 1.10 update as well in connection to the adventure update.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

The amount of childish entitlement is ridiculous here, I thought it would be better then the MCF.

Seriously, people think he plans out updates this way specifically to cause problems for modders. Absolutely idiotic.

I'm just glad this mod isn't being made by someone that delusional.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Whining about new updates ? Lame.
Sayin' he's making them to purposely annoy modders ? Ridiculous.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Mason11987 wrote:The amount of childish entitlement is ridiculous here, I thought it would be better then the MCF.
I'm gonna go with this. Things seem to be starting to decline a bit.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Sweet, 1.9 prerelease sounds smart. I'm not entirely happy to see 1.10 being YET MORE ADVENTURE UPDATE, but hey, they've probably got good reasons for it. I suspect part of it's definitely being motivated by the fact that the 1.8 prerelease was such a huge success - going by some of Mojang's twitter responses, they even saw a sales boost during it, which is just sort of crazy.

And yeah, I'm gonna join the "Can we tone the bitching down, for the love of all things large and monstrous and cuddly?". Common guys, this is what killed the original thread for smart discourse. If you've got complaints, that's cool, that's fine. But try and keep them reasoned, not just "evelentyoneoneone!" style things - that's simply not helpful.

Edit: Let me just quote Notch's latest tweet.
Notch:
The reason we're releasing stuff so closely now is a push before the release in November! Server admins and modders, have patience. ;)
So, in otherwords: They know it's playing hob for the modders and the admins. They also know they've got a set release date, and they'd like to have the game at a point where they're happy to say it's offically released (as silly or not as that particular statement may be). Frustrating for us players? Sure, if you're into mods like Redpower or BTW that need a significant amount of time to update properly when an update rolls out.

But i really think that complaining that the game's actually officially trying to leave beta is... a bit sad, yeah?
dr_spindizzy

Post by dr_spindizzy »

1.9 pre-release now available:
http://t.co/ByDKpDUg
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

To be honnest I believe that once minecraft hits a level of stability that Is reasonable there should be a spot for modders to aggree to update to that version and hold there till november
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Fracture wrote:
Mason11987 wrote:The amount of childish entitlement is ridiculous here, I thought it would be better then the MCF.
Love how everyone likes to play that card... >.>

but w/e then...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Guys really you cant expect too too much when the game's majority of its players are all kids... Notch kinda has to keep them content or the MCF forum will be just so much more BS.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

MagusUnion wrote:
Fracture wrote:

but w/e then...
You said that notch specifically does updates the ways he does to purposefully cause problems for modders. Your words (since you now edited it out):
I really think Notch has lost his vision, or is pushing this update out to cock-block modders who were successful in updating to 1.8.
Do you realize how absolutely absurd that sounds?

Pointing out that you are ridiculous is not "playing a card". It's pointing out that you live in some fantasy land of random childish animosity.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Deepsniper wrote:Guys really you cant expect too too much when the game's majority of its players are all kids... Notch kinda has to keep them content or the MCF forum will be just so much more BS.

I think you might over-estimate how much he actually cares how the people on MCF act. He doesn't run the place.

Or how many MC players are acutally like those people. The empty cart rattles louder then the loaded one.
Last edited by Magmarashi on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCIENCE!
Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse »

pre-release of 1.9 is just out.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

MagusUnion wrote:
Fracture wrote:

but w/e then...
It's not playing a card, I'm serious. Every third post I've seen lately is "Notch is so stupid, he's not doing things that make the game what I want it to be!" and to be honest I'm sick of it. I won't point fingers, but there's quite a few people who have been posting nothing but childish entitled bullshit lately.

I came here to avoid that from the MCF thread, but I'm retreating more and more into just the vent chat because, unfortunately, the kind of crap we see in the suggestion thread is starting to spill over into the other sub-forums.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

From the MCF, about what's new in 1.9 :
New effects

* Blocks under water "drip" into cave/cavern below
* Trees on higher altitudes have less leaves.
* Grass drops more seeds.
* Pressing "escape" no longer pauses the game. (Might be a bug some people are experiencing. Unconfirmed.)
* Lava flows faster.
* Reports of more "lag". Remember this is Pre-Release and there will be bugs.

Mushrooms

* New Shroom biomes?
* "Infected" cows via shrooms

Snow Biome

* Snowman! - Built by Two snow block then pumpkin PLACES not crafted.
* Snow now generates..possible in -x/-y only or at high altitudes. Unconfirmed.
* Snowmen work in the Nether. (Bug? Unconfirmed.)

Swamps

* Lilly Pads (Someone test out sheers on these and see if you can gather them)
* Darker grass - new grass texture for swamps
* Darker water around the swamp area

Villages

* Village Monks - 1 Priest is dressed in white

Nether

* Nether Brick
* Nether Fence
* Nether Stairs
* Nether Stronghold - Netherholds!
* 2 New Nether Mobs - Nether Slimes and the "Blaze" mob.
* Nether Dungeons (Same a netherholds?)
* Netherwart - nether plant (A nether mushroom? Need more clarification)
* Ghasts shoot "bombs" now. Aka new skin for the white balls. :P
* New Sounds by pigmen and ghasts (unconfirmed)
* Pigman drops "Rotten Flesh" & "Gold Nugget" - 3x3 craft = Gold Ingot
* Ghasts drop "Ghast Tear" - Unknown use
* Blazes drop "Blaze Rod" - Uknown use
Topic here :
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/651 ... find-here/
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Thats some cool updates :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Awesome update. Would've wanted breeding though. Just half an hour more work until I'll try it out.
Unfortunately I'll be off playing Pen & Paper RPGs all weekend so I won't be able to update my TP until next week. (And that seemed like a lot of work lol.)
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Lovin this update. Looking forward to playing it when I can get on my own computer again.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Wow. I'm seriously impressed.
Just downloaded. Made a creative map and went straight to the nether. The 2 new mobs are pretty cool. Some generating issues with the nether brick, but it's suitably epic so far.
Plus the snowmen...are...actually...kinda fun...
Necropolis

Post by Necropolis »

We have a vent? Where is that at?

I like the atmospheric enhancements. Looks like more alchemy stuff...nothing really too major. Maybe the netherholds, though I hope they worked out the kinks with the strongholds. I assume they've hammered out some bugs, though it's not mentioned.

I will be making an army of snow goons. And making war on hell.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

@Necro: We don't, that's unrelated. Basically just saying that I'm starting to feel a bit less inclined to come even here, thanks to the whining.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Locking this thread down as it's become half discussion about 1.9 and half-bitching/counter-bitching.

I'll start up a new thread to discuss the features in 1.9, as I'm actually interested in discussing them, sans the overall low-level flame-war.