Trains and BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MagusUnion

Trains and BTW

Post by MagusUnion »

Does anyone run/tried to run these two mods together? I know there is a recipe conflict with detector blocks, but can that be circumvented somehow?

Trains: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/270 ... lin-mod121
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Damion Rayne

Re: Trains and BTW

Post by Damion Rayne »

Actually magus I could see some mod cross-over here, using BTW steel to build these in custom recipes. This could be neat if you can lower the ID conflicts.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Damion Rayne wrote:Actually magus I could see some mod cross-over here, using BTW steel to build these in custom recipes. This could be neat if you can lower the ID conflicts.
Knowing magus,h'ell find a fix :)

But yeah,that would be pretty cool,i'm currently now thinking about
Having locomatives for surface transport and minecarts for underground transport.(battosay's mine goes for 2000+ blocks,i cant beleive he still hasnt put in some transportation)

The steel crossover is nice and balanced,since trains also needs nether tech level(obsidian)
To make steel.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

not sure if id resolver can test to see recipe conflicts, you might be able to do it but raising the priority of BTW, and then use the recipe creator to make a separate recipe for the detector rails if you want to use them. And im sure you are already going to make alternate recipes using BTW steel
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

walker_boh_65 wrote:not sure if id resolver can test to see recipe conflicts, you might be able to do it but raising the priority of BTW, and then use the recipe creator to make a separate recipe for the detector rails if you want to use them. And im sure you are already going to make alternate recipes using BTW steel
I don't think ID Resolver does, but I know ID list will, and recipe conflicts can be circumvented if I just create a new one with a different set of materials...

I was worried because this mod does modify a base class file that BTW will as well... I'm hoping it's only to recognize the BTW version of Detector block, and nothing too serious...

Edit: Couldn't do it regardless, uses too many Sprites, and I only have 33 left, LOL....

2nd Edit: I have now used up all of my Spite Indexes... I feel like I should make an achievement, lol..
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:not sure if id resolver can test to see recipe conflicts, you might be able to do it but raising the priority of BTW, and then use the recipe creator to make a separate recipe for the detector rails if you want to use them. And im sure you are already going to make alternate recipes using BTW steel
I don't think ID Resolver does, but I know ID list will, and recipe conflicts can be circumvented if I just create a new one with a different set of materials...

I was worried because this mod does modify a base class file that BTW will as well... I'm hoping it's only to recognize the BTW version of Detector block, and nothing too serious...

Edit: Couldn't do it regardless, uses too many Sprites, and I only have 33 left, LOL....

2nd Edit: I have now used up all of my Spite Indexes... I feel like I should make an achievement, lol..
Wow,even with half your mods are using MC forge you run out of space.

Although,id run trains over mo creatures. What other mods do you have installed btw?
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Miner7747 wrote: Wow,even with half your mods are using MC forge you run out of space.

Although,id run trains over mo creatures. What other mods do you have installed btw?
Redpower
Planes
Vehicles
Millionaire
WW2 Guns
MoreAI's Logic Gates
MoreAI's Digital Functions
Apothecarium
Ore Trees/ Custom Ore Trees
and ofc...
IndustrialCraft
BuildCraft
Better than Wolves...

Tempted to replace planes/vehicles with Trains, but idk if I will...
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

You could replace planes with the zeppelin mod, then just build your own planes/airships/star destroyers and make them float. Should net you a fair few ID's depending on how many planes the planes mod has.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:
Miner7747 wrote: Wow,even with half your mods are using MC forge you run out of space.

Redpower
Planes
Vehicles
Millionaire
WW2 Guns
MoreAI's Logic Gates
MoreAI's Digital Functions
Apothecarium
Ore Trees/ Custom Ore Trees
and ofc...
IndustrialCraft
BuildCraft
Better than Wolves...

Tempted to replace planes/vehicles with Trains, but idk if I will...
yeah,planes and vehicles are pretty buggy,since they were never intended to be in minecraft.
(looks like the creator got alb's permission to use some sprites,steel dust texture is the same as iron dust,and coal is the same as coal dust.i'll have to have 2 seperate chests for trains dust and IC2 dust)
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Miner7747 wrote:
yeah,planes and vehicles are pretty buggy,since they were never intended to be in minecraft.
(looks like the creator got alb's permission to use some sprites,steel dust texture is the same as iron dust,and coal is the same as coal dust.i'll have to have 2 seperate chests for trains dust and IC2 dust)
Tbh, the whole 'dust' pixels that Al uses is merely re-skins of the redstone dust... You can tell by looking very closely at the 'specks' within iron/copper/tin/coal for this common quality between it and the redstone dust look...
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:
Miner7747 wrote:
Tbh, the whole 'dust' pixels that Al uses is merely re-skins of the redstone dust... You can tell by looking very closely at the 'specks' within iron/copper/tin/coal for this common quality between it and the redstone dust look...
ah,i see.i'm still not gonna be able to distinguish them though :P