M!C's News Compilation

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: M!C's News Compilation

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C, I just wanted to thank you again for maintaining this thread. Seriously man, this is crazy useful and this thread has become one of my first stops at the start of each day to get caught-up with what Mojang is doing. It's saving me a lot of time overall.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Battosay wrote:I did it, and I crashed the forum (^^), and it reverted what I did ...
I'll do that again after eating :p
Should I make a backup of this thread? ;)

Thanks for trying again!
FlowerChild wrote:M!C, I just wanted to thank you again for maintaining this thread. Seriously man, this is crazy useful and this thread has become one of my first stops at the start of each day to get caught-up with what Mojang is doing. It's saving me a lot of time overall.
It's nice to be able to give something back for this awesome mod! You're investing much more time than I am though ...

At least this gives you even more time to invest. ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote:It's nice to be able to give something back for this awesome mod! You're investing much more time than I am though ...

At least this gives you even more time to invest. ;)
Hey man, time to work on the mod is probably the thing that contributes most to its continued growth and development. You know how I always go on about cost/benefit analysis and such, and the crucial ingredient in those equations is always the time required to do something.

Anyways, feel free to give yourself a pat on the back in the future as more features are added to the mod as it is highly likely that you've made some of them possible :)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*peers upward*

Was M!C's name always green? :D
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

M!C, you've just been turtle'd !
Congrats ;)
M!C

Post by M!C »

morvelaira wrote:*peers upward*

Was M!C's name always green? :D
Nope, it wasn't until a minute ago!
Battosay wrote:M!C, you've just been turtle'd !
Congrats ;)
Thank you! :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Fuuuuuu, I hate the new php BB.
Anyway, done. topic re-open.
Only made 3 though, it was too long :p
M!C

Post by M!C »

Battosay wrote:Fuuuuuu, I hate the new php BB.
Anyway, done. topic re-open.
Only made 3 though, it was too long :p
Ok, thanks again! 3 will be enough for the next months. I'll start reorganising now.
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

Congratulations for that 1-up man, keep up the good work.

Battosay, how is changing around a few posts such an arduous job? I am utterly cunfuzzled.

M!C, will you note down twitter posts, future release information, update news? How thorough will you be in your compilation?
Elaborating on request of the OP:

How accurate and extensive will your news compilation be? Will it include only main release features, or will it also include hints from twitter (Jeb and Notch), the MC forums, facebook, interviews made to these people and any other sources from which hints of future releases will be given?

It is just curiosity really.
Last edited by Quesoman on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cultures are born and die, but the cheese is immortal.

-A very wise man
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Quesoman wrote:Battosay, how is changing around a few posts such an arduous job? I am utterly cunfuzzled.
'cause the new php BB won't let you change the order of the posts, and even less organize them the way you want. They'll automatically be arranged by chronogical order.
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

Battosay wrote: 'cause the new php BB won't let you change the order of the posts, and even less organize them the way you want. They'll automatically be arranged by chronogical order.
Can you then alter the date when the post was added, as an all-powerful admin? Anyhow, you managed to do it, so kudos to you sir :P

-A very wise man
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

I'm hearing rumors of a lava nerf? can anyone confirm? I don't see it in the tweets above.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Quesoman wrote:
Battosay wrote: 'cause the new php BB won't let you change the order of the posts, and even less organize them the way you want. They'll automatically be arranged by chronogical order.
Can you then alter the date when the post was added, as an all-powerful admin? Anyhow, you managed to do it, so kudos to you sir :P
As far as I can see it, Battosay repurposed the first couple of posts to get it done ... very clever.

To your question:

As mentioned in the OP the only sources I regularly check and summarize here are Notch's and Jeb's Twitter as well as Notch's blog.
As for what I bring up here ... everything that is of interest of course! ... which isn't very precise ...

Maybe it's easier, if I describe what I sort out:
1.) anything that doesn't concern minecraft (including tweets about scrolls / cobalt / the lawsuit etc.)
2.) anything that isn't directly related to the game itself (e.g. minecon)
3.) all of the 'maybe' and 'dunno' answers to content requests
Brethern wrote:I'm hearing rumors of a lava nerf? can anyone confirm? I don't see it in the tweets above.
I'll check, if I missed something ...

EDIT:
I found it. Not only lava but all fire effects were nerved (less damage).
It doesn't show up in my summary because it was anounced before I started:

Sept. 23.
Jens Bergensten
Nerfed all fire effects. Touching lava no longer means a prolonged unavoidable death. #Minecraft
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/117144735768002560
Last edited by M!C on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Brethern wrote:I'm hearing rumors of a lava nerf? can anyone confirm? I don't see it in the tweets above.
Can't remember where, but yeah, it's sure that they nerfed lava. Before, when you were hit by lava and caught fire, you were 100% sure to die. Now, if you start burning, unless you didn't have all your life, you're 100% sure you won't die.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Can notch leave anything alone. Well that's another thing to add to the list.
Magmarashi

Balance is Hard

Post by Magmarashi »

Brethern wrote:Can notch leave anything alone. Well that's another thing to add to the list.
Ask again when the game is actually finished. Until then, the answer is going to be No.
SCIENCE!
M!C

Post by M!C »

What do you think? Is a break-in of tweets a good or a bad sign? Notch even stopped his neverending lawsuit reports ...
Robilar

Post by Robilar »

M!C wrote:What do you think? Is a break-in of tweets a good or a bad sign? Notch even stopped his neverending lawsuit reports ...
I'd really like to think that it's a good sign, since a break in tweets could very well mean that he's actually getting something done, but I think that's just unfettered optimism. Chances aren't too bad that he's just off doing something else, such as eating out with people or going on random mini-vacations.

Although, after that last tweet, I just wish he could control his A.D.D. C'mon Notch, you'll have to finish a feature *eventually*, at least make the ones you're not going to finish useable.
FlowerChild wrote:FUCK MAN! WHAT WE GOING TO DO NOW! WE'RE IN SOME REALLY PRETTY SHIT!!!

<dakka dakka>
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Robilar wrote: Although, after that last tweet, I just wish he could control his A.D.D. C'mon Notch, you'll have to finish a feature *eventually*, at least make the ones you're not going to finish useable.
Lol! So true :)
M!C

Post by M!C »

Pre-release 3 incoming!

I think we should do another prerelease tomorrow. 1.9 pre 3!

in Antwort auf @notch ↑
Jens Bergensten
I agree!

Oh, and here you see the difference between Notch coding and FC coding:

09:01 PM
Markus Persson
Well, that effect ended up being a LOT of work for something you will almost never see, and it doesn't even stand out that much. ;D
http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/121661236600504321
Quesoman

Post by Quesoman »

The pre-release is out, for reals this time. Apparently Jeb messed up the uploading of 1.9.3 minecraft.jar file twice :P

-A very wise man
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

M!C wrote:Pre-release 3 incoming!

I think we should do another prerelease tomorrow. 1.9 pre 3!

in Antwort auf @notch ↑
Jens Bergensten
I agree!

Oh, and here you see the difference between Notch coding and FC coding:

09:01 PM
Markus Persson
Well, that effect ended up being a LOT of work for something you will almost never see, and it doesn't even stand out that much. ;D
http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/121661236600504321
It's hard to tell from the pic, but I smell Crying Obsidian.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
AmRadTheory

Post by AmRadTheory »

Does anyone know why they keep doing these "pre-releases" as opposed to actual updates? If Im not mistaken this is the 3rd(?!) pre for 1.9... just curious
I am rad... in theory.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

AmRadTheory wrote:Does anyone know why they keep doing these "pre-releases" as opposed to actual updates? If Im not mistaken this is the 3rd(?!) pre for 1.9... just curious
I think it's a compromise to let the hardcore people test the new features and for mojang to get feedback while letting the average player, modders and the SMP community just chill on the relatively stable 1.8.1.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Probably to make sure that you don't get a buggy official build. Look at the 1.9 prereleases - snowfall destroys things that don't take up the whole block (redstone, torches, rails, etc), shearing a mooshroom in SMP creates a second clientside cow, and ender pearls trigger the hack detection on servers.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire