[SPOILERS] 3.80 feature discovery thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RaustBlackDragon

Re: [SPOILERS] 3.80 feature discovery thread

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Know what's interesting? Of the scrolls people have reported so far, none of them are for tool enchantments.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Interesting. A refined sword will display all five slots (with smite at least) in intervals of 10, BUT just cannot enchant the last slot (with a standard amout of shelves for normal enchanting). (At level 143, so it's not that either.)

EDIT: disregard, not the same number of shelves as thought, damn creeper
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Know what's interesting? Of the scrolls people have reported so far, none of them are for tool enchantments.
Maybe we're supposed to acquire them through different ways? Like...Heck, Idk, mining?

Has anyone actually tested it?
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Has anyone tried placing multiple rows of bookshelves?
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Soul-Forged Steel works best, with gold coming second. I haven't tried all the others but iron barely enchants. The costs are also higher the less enchantable.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Just finished testing the Bookshelf requirements.
You need exactly 1 bookshelf per level (so lvl40 enchantment - 40 bookshelves, lvl60 - 60 bookshelves, lvl100 - 100 bookshelves).
IE detects books in 17x17x17 block area. The exact shape the bookshelves are placed doesn't matter, but they seem to need at least one side horizontally (so sides, not top or bottom) open to air.
Kezza

Post by Kezza »

ghasts drop "flame", it is for the flamebow enchant
villagers drop "looting"
Last edited by Kezza on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:Just finished testing the Bookshelf requirements.
You need exactly 1 bookshelf per level (so lvl40 enchantment - 40 bookshelves, lvl60 - 60 bookshelves, lvl100 - 100 bookshelves).
IE detects books in 17x17x17 block area. The exact shape the bookshelves are placed doesn't matter, but they seem to need at least one side horizontally (so sides, not top or bottom) open to air.

Cool! So you actually have to build a library, with rows, and not just a solid mass of bookshelves.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Marasambala wrote:

Cool! So you actually have to build a library, with rows, and not just a solid mass of bookshelves.
Or use one in a stronghold :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Gormador wrote:
Marasambala wrote:

Or use one in a stronghold :-)
Odd. Do you mean enchantment level or the cost level?
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Is the requirement of 17x17x17 spherical or cubical ? It would be kinda awsome if you could build a round libary with the IE (somehow that abreviation scares me) in the center :) What do you mean with one side open to air, though?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Haidaes wrote:What do you mean with one side open to air, though?
It means you can't just make a big block of bookcases. Every bookcase must have one side visible (and it must be a book-shelf side), like the original Stronghold library.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Haidaes wrote:
Is the requirement of 17x17x17 spherical or cubical? It would be kinda awsome if you could build a round libary with the IE (somehow that abbreviation scares me) in the center :) What do you mean with one side open to air, though?
Given the three dimensions it is reasonable to assume it's a cube. Each bookshelf must have at least one side (ignoring the top and bottom) open to the air i.e. not surrounded by blocks. You can however stack them with no penalty.
Edit: *Sigh* ninja'd again
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Itamarcu wrote:
Haidaes wrote:What do you mean with one side open to air, though?
It means you can't just make a big block of bookcases. Every bookcase must have one side visible (and it must be a book-shelf side), like the original Stronghold library.
Doh, of course. Thanks for clarifying.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Set fire to a powered (both mechanically and redstone) Soulforged Steel block with water and lava running into it above a stoked habachi. Still nothing.
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Set fire to a powered (both mechanically and redstone) Soulforged Steel block with water and lava running into it above a stoked habachi. Still nothing.
Maybe you need to put light on it via a lens pointed at the top ;).
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Set fire to a powered (both mechanically and redstone) Soulforged Steel block with water and lava running into it above a stoked habachi. Still nothing.
Try water above/below it
Twololcats

Post by Twololcats »

EDIT: nvm looks like you guys figured it out already
Has anyone tried putting paper in a hopper and then filter dragon orbs through it? Maybe even try filtering ground netherrack as well?
That could be how we make the scrolls
Last edited by Twololcats on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Calcifire3691 wrote: I noticed that in NEI as well, they're all armour enchants

info obtained from NEI
I wasn't keen on the creative mode stuff, but THIS would definitely be cheating. Bye bye.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Something I'm curious about but haven't been able to test: (Though by the very nature of it, it will take a while to test)

Back when Flowerchild first talked about adding a better enchanter, he mentioned that the enchantments would be found around the world in dungeons (and possibly other chests).

I'll leave a note if I find anything myself but: Has anyone found Arcane scrolls while out exploring so far?
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Soulforged Steel blocks scream and smoke when redstone wire is powered atop it.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Soulforged Steel blocks scream and smoke when redstone wire is powered atop it.
That's from a previous release.
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Know what's interesting? Of the scrolls people have reported so far, none of them are for tool enchantments.
Actually I think Endermen drop silk touch.
Urian

Post by Urian »

And if experiments reported on irc are correct, testificates drop Looting.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea