Raust's Mods Thread (Discussing Project Enderscale)

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Which of my mods do you use?

Doggy Talents
29%
TTWTTTTT
9%
MagiCats
18%
Raust's Tools
32%
Nyctophobia
12%

Total votes: 34
RaustBlackDragon

Re: Raust's Mods Thread

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Kain Magin wrote:that is just soooo adorable ^^

question, have you fixed the bug where sometimes the doggy's multiply? havnt used Doggy Talents since i made a lets play and my world kept crashing (not because of Doggy Talents mind you ^^) every time i had a crash, i came back to the game to find my doggy had multiplied (its been awhile)

Edit:went back and looked at my lets play, made it back in 1.0.0.... so its prolly been fixed
That's a problem with crashing itself, actually, it has a tendency to duplicate entities, or delete them entirely. I don't know if this still happens for crashing though.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

Hey, does anybody think any of the DT Talents are overpowered? I'd like to know if anybody feels this way, I've had nagging doubts about it from time to time...
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Hey, does anybody think any of the DT Talents are overpowered? I'd like to know if anybody feels this way, I've had nagging doubts about it from time to time...
I only thought the doggie with mount and max speed was.... unreal... Way too fast. But I believe you have fixed that on recent releases, right? I haven't played with DT for a while, so I don't know...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
RaustBlackDragon

jorgebonafe wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:Hey, does anybody think any of the DT Talents are overpowered? I'd like to know if anybody feels this way, I've had nagging doubts about it from time to time...
I only thought the doggie with mount and max speed was.... unreal... Way too fast. But I believe you have fixed that on recent releases, right? I haven't played with DT for a while, so I don't know...
I didn't nerf the speed or anything, but I made it drain the dog's nourishment extremely quickly, because yeah, I did feel it was overpowered :)

In other news, I have a sig now!
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

I think max mount skill is incredible, though I find it to have its own balance in that almost every time I use it, I get lost. Of course, that might not be saying much considering I often get lost in my own house...

I do find some of the skills much more useful than others though. I tend to train pack puppy on almost all of mine because I never seem to have enough room for stuffs. Hunter, when used to thin out livestock, seems OP to me possibly, though I have no problem with it with non passive mobs. Not gamebreaking, but still OP. You can accumulate quite a bit of leather fairly quickly this way, not worried about the food part so much.

Oh, and my wolves are now in a proper place. Precariously perched on glass blocks over rushing water and fed by machine.
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

Wgurgh wrote:I think max mount skill is incredible, though I find it to have its own balance in that almost every time I use it, I get lost. Of course, that might not be saying much considering I often get lost in my own house...

I do find some of the skills much more useful than others though. I tend to train pack puppy on almost all of mine because I never seem to have enough room for stuffs. Hunter, when used to thin out livestock, seems OP to me possibly, though I have no problem with it with non passive mobs. Not gamebreaking, but still OP. You can accumulate quite a bit of leather fairly quickly this way, not worried about the food part so much.

Oh, and my wolves are now in a proper place. Precariously perched on glass blocks over rushing water and fed by machine.
Pic of your feeding machine, please? I would very much like to see how cool it is.
RaustBlackDragon

Wgurgh wrote:I think max mount skill is incredible, though I find it to have its own balance in that almost every time I use it, I get lost. Of course, that might not be saying much considering I often get lost in my own house...

Yeah, I'm thinking of making Hunter Dog just provide a looting bonus, like enchanted swords, rather than flat-out double drops. Wolfmount I'm considering making a LITTLE slower, but it's still pretty costly in terms of food now, so I'm not sure.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I guess if you pretend your wolf mount is the wolf from Mononoke Hime, it makes sense that he's so fast :P That's one badass wolf.

http://youtu.be/FSRn-_POoYY?t=29s
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

Fantastic movie! I was fascinated to watch it in English and then subbed. The story was similar but not the same!
RaustBlackDragon

I'm currently in the process of making the dogs more lively, by making them wag their tails when you hold pork, or just whenever they miss you (which is whenever you've been out of their line of sight for a minute, bless them).

Unfortunately, it means they won't wag their tails when they walk, but I think it's worth it.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:I'm currently in the process of making the dogs more lively, by making them wag their tails when you hold pork, or just whenever they miss you (which is whenever you've been out of their line of sight for a minute, bless them).

Unfortunately, it means they won't wag their tails when they walk, but I think it's worth it.
So this would be super secret aesthetic thing you were talking about.
RaustBlackDragon

Sothe Cuslinde wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:I'm currently in the process of making the dogs more lively, by making them wag their tails when you hold pork, or just whenever they miss you (which is whenever you've been out of their line of sight for a minute, bless them).

did I say SUPER secret? I don't recall :)

And yes.
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Sothe Cuslinde wrote:

did I say SUPER secret? I don't recall :)

And yes.

No. No "super" or "secret" was ever said by you.
RaustBlackDragon

Sothe Cuslinde wrote:

That's what I thought :)

Nice avatar btw!

Anyway, yeah, they wont' wag their tails when they walk, but I think that's worth it :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
Sothe Cuslinde

Post by Sothe Cuslinde »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Sothe Cuslinde wrote:

That's what I thought :)

Nice avatar btw!

Anyway, yeah, they wont' wag their tails when they walk, but I think that's worth it :)
Very worth it.

Also this was the only avatar I could find that would fit. But still awesome anyways.
RaustBlackDragon

Updated! I've done a few balancing things, and I'm really happy with how the tails turned out :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
harryht

Post by harryht »

hey, just wondering what has happened about mineminecraft
01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00111111 00100000 00111010 01001100
Spoiler
Show
its a secret :L
RaustBlackDragon

harryht wrote:hey, just wondering what has happened about mineminecraft

Well, I discovered that it would be quite hard on the computer of anybody who used it, and also the terrain generation would need to be messed with extensively to get anything to spawn past 127 without the game crashing.

In other news though, I'm working on another, smaller mod, which would add helpful tools to reduce quickbar clutter: the Machete, the Matchpick, and the Spade.

*The Machete would function like a sword, but dig like shears. It would also be incapable of blocking, but the player can right-click with it to place vines they're carrying onto a surface instead. Ideal for work with vegetation and jungle exploring.

*The Matchpick would be a pickaxe with a rough bottom, letting you light torches without letting go of your pickaxe. This means that it has an actual right-click function: if you're carrying a torch in your inventory, you can place it by right-clicking with the matchpick.

*The Spade would be a shovel that, if you right click while you have dirt in your inventory, will place a block of dirt where you're aiming.

Basically, these tools let you save inventory space by eliminating the need to have items in your quickbar that usually go hand-in-hand with these kinds of tools.

I need sprites for the Matchpick and Spade though, if anybody's interested in helping me out :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

RaustBlackDragon wrote: I need sprites for the Matchpick and Spade though, if anybody's interested in helping me out :)
Dibs :D
vMC style, I assume?
RaustBlackDragon

BinoAl wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote: I need sprites for the Matchpick and Spade though, if anybody's interested in helping me out :)
Dibs :D
vMC style, I assume?
Yes :)

If you'd like, you could do the machete as well. I've actually already made my own sorry attempts at them, but I'd appreciate help :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
RaustBlackDragon

Alright, I've updated the OP and Poll with my newest mod!

Bino, I'd still appreciate those textures though :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Wasn't 100% sure what you wanted, but here's what I got. I can redo some if you want :p

Machete (Basically, iron sword with a longer blade and no hilt)

Spade (Shovel with a bigger head)

Matchpick (Pickaxe with a torch-esque handle tip)
RaustBlackDragon

BinoAl wrote:Wasn't 100% sure what you wanted, but here's what I got. I can redo some if you want :p

Those are awesome, and I can use pallete swaps to make multiple tiers as well! Thanks a ton!

Now to work on recipes for multi-tiers...
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
BinoAl wrote:Wasn't 100% sure what you wanted, but here's what I got. I can redo some if you want :p

Those are awesome, and I can use pallete swaps to make multiple tiers as well! Thanks a ton!

Now to work on recipes for multi-tiers...
Haha yeah, the material of the tool was something that had me thinking, I didn't think (for some reason) that they would be in every tier :p
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Living in a jungle biome and harvesting trees by hand, if there's one combined tool I'd love to see it's a combined Axe/Shears. Or better yet, a tool that cuts wood and leaves, but breaks leaves for saplings instead of leaf blocks. Have it right-click to place saplings and you've got a forester's tool. The real world tool this most resembles is the Kukri.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.