BTW Lurking?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
shifty

Re: BTW Lurking?

Post by shifty »

I lurk everyday instead of posting because I find other members almost always post my own opinion in topics I'm interested in. I keep meaning to make a BTW texture pack or update the wiki but lurking is easier.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Been a lurker from the very start (i.e. since the initial wolf thread). I'm very busy with college most of the time, hence my relatively low post count.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

I end up at these forums around 3-5 times a day (bloody record compared to my other forum-visits), and lately gotten less sleep and more talkative.... really bad combination :P
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

I have to admit I'm consistently amazed at how many posts I have here, and the fact that the guy who makes the mod knows who I am. Most forums - anywhere - I just skim and read and my post count is maybe 10. I'm a serial lurker. (The one exception is when I actually was a community manager, and then I was contractually obligated to post. ;) )

But yeah. I think I belong here, guys. I'm glad it's not just us too, but there's a lot of folks who enjoy reading the forums as well. All this just makes me have a happy. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

I seem to silently stalk the forums rarely making posts unless something really stirs my interest. Well done Mr Thread Creator. You have done a good job at coaxing me out of my hard snail shell of "Meh"
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

Is it wrong that I can type the URL for this forum while half-asleep and with my eyes closed? Because it takes me fifteen minutes to remember BC's and it's mod-buildcraft.com.
I guess you could say I'm a lurker who joined up and immediately got in a fight with some of the more respected people. Hence going back to lurking and rarely actually being online.

Have to admit, though, nervous about talking in the same topic as Flowerchild, Stormweaver, and morvelaira. Makes me feel inadequate.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Andellmere wrote:Have to admit, though, nervous about talking in the same topic as Flowerchild, Stormweaver, and morvelaira. Makes me feel inadequate.
I'm kinda nervous to be mentioned in the same sentence as FC and morv :3

Y'know, I was planning on just lurking here when these forums started. What the hell happened...
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Wait BTW stands for better than wolves, this whole time I thought it was Better than Work! This is the only forum I post in, and er, have done a lot. Even when I am too busy with other things to play minecraft, I still have to know what is happening with the mod, following the development progress is a great experience.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

A wise old website once told me to read more than you write. Good advice, I've found.
What Strange Devices!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yarp, fun community with nice people. :) Work even goes by a bit faster thanks to the BTW steam chat. :P
M!C

Post by M!C »

I guess I can't call myself a lurker anymore, can I? When did that happen?

I've lurked these forums and the MCF thread for several weeks before I created my account to post a suggestion (as many here seem to do). I'm still glad I was able to stop myself from posting that suggestion and instead concentrate on this awesome community. Hence my early tendency to post in the off-topic section.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Stormweaver wrote:
Andellmere wrote:Have to admit, though, nervous about talking in the same topic as Flowerchild, Stormweaver, and morvelaira. Makes me feel inadequate.
I'm kinda nervous to be mentioned in the same sentence as FC and morv :3

Y'know, I was planning on just lurking here when these forums started. What the hell happened...
You feel nervous? I'm still astounded that I've become a personality that greats like FC and Battosay seem to know who I am, let alone that I'm worth mentioning. It's nice, but at the same time I have no idea how it happened or what to do with it. I am the housecat that caught the grasshopper.

I am humbled, you guys. Really.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

morvelaira wrote:It's nice, but at the same time I have no idea how it happened or what to do with it. I am the housecat that caught the grasshopper.
Maybe this would be a more suitable expression :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Fidwen

Post by Fidwen »

Registered to say I am lurker, that should help the irony factor. Also figure I will say like others have before that I would have quit Minecraft if not for this mod. But hey you did get me to quit WoW. Now back to my rock.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

morvelaira wrote: You feel nervous? I'm still astounded that I've become a personality that greats like FC and Battosay seem to know who I am, let alone that I'm worth mentioning. It's nice, but at the same time I have no idea how it happened or what to do with it. I am the housecat that caught the grasshopper.

Isn't that canary? I always thought grasshoppers tasted terrible without chocolate and they have this really disgusting crap that comes out when you pull of their legs.

Side note, which is actually related to lurking by-the-by, I was lurking and stumbled across a picture posted by morvelaira. It was a squirrel behind a bunch of peanuts on a stick. She also mentioned something about automation.
2 hours later, I believed I had a viable automation method. When I woke the next day, I seriously considered that I was very drunk when I decided that.
So, thank you, morvelaira for making me doubt my sanity further in a never ending spiral of insanity. And squirrel nuts.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Andellmere wrote:
morvelaira wrote: You feel nervous? I'm still astounded that I've become a personality that greats like FC and Battosay seem to know who I am, let alone that I'm worth mentioning. It's nice, but at the same time I have no idea how it happened or what to do with it. I am the housecat that caught the grasshopper.

Isn't that canary? I always thought grasshoppers tasted terrible without chocolate and they have this really disgusting crap that comes out when you pull of their legs.

Side note, which is actually related to lurking by-the-by, I was lurking and stumbled across a picture posted by morvelaira. It was a squirrel behind a bunch of peanuts on a stick. She also mentioned something about automation.
2 hours later, I believed I had a viable automation method. When I woke the next day, I seriously considered that I was very drunk when I decided that.
So, thank you, morvelaira for making me doubt my sanity further in a never ending spiral of insanity. And squirrel nuts.

*blink* You're welcome? I almost wonder if squirrels were the automation method now...

And no, I mean the grasshopper. Have you ever seen a housecat catch a grasshopper? I don't know about yours, but mine looks very proud of himself. And then very confused because he doesn't know what to do with it. Then the grasshopper jumps again, and my scaredy cat runs away. It's... quite amusing.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

morvelaira wrote:And no, I mean the grasshopper. Have you ever seen a housecat catch a grasshopper? I don't know about yours, but mine looks very proud of himself. And then very confused because he doesn't know what to do with it. Then the grasshopper jumps again, and my scaredy cat runs away. It's... quite amusing.
Cats are always amusing XD My friend had a cat that likes to chew on peoples earlobes...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

morvelaira wrote: *blink* You're welcome? I almost wonder if squirrels were the automation method now...

And no, I mean the grasshopper. Have you ever seen a housecat catch a grasshopper? I don't know about yours, but mine looks very proud of himself. And then very confused because he doesn't know what to do with it. Then the grasshopper jumps again, and my scaredy cat runs away. It's... quite amusing.
Really? I (kind of) have a cat. She never catches anything. At all.
Well... Does clawing sensitive parts of people's anatomies count as catching things?

Maybe the squirrels are. Of course, now I'm thinking about squirrel sweatshops where flying squirrels force poor little ground squirrels to put nuts on a stick that they might be consumed at leisure.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Self-Proclaimed Lurker Get!
This is just a great and quirky community!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

I start the night by lurking here.

Then youtube -> MC Forums -> Eloraams blog (dont hate me >_<) -> IC2 -> Here agian.
IRC on the side.

I pretty much dont have a life. :P
Last edited by Blueblade11 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Long time 'guest' lurker, and as of tonight, first time poster.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ribky wrote:Long time 'guest' lurker, and as of tonight, first time poster.
Welcome to the forums man :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

morvelaira wrote: And no, I mean the grasshopper. Have you ever seen a housecat catch a grasshopper? I don't know about yours, but mine looks very proud of himself. And then very confused because he doesn't know what to do with it. Then the grasshopper jumps again, and my scaredy cat runs away. It's... quite amusing.
My big one does that with chipmunks... He'll catch them and play for a minute but then he waits a few minutes after they run away and then wonders where they went.
Better is the enemy of Good
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

I think we all need to get a hobby......

Wait a sec BTW is a hobby COOL
Spoiler
Show
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

I lurk but have never posted here until now. People here are a bit more intelligent than those on MCF so I don't have to correct them or they've already been corrected by the time I get there.