New Release! (BTW V3.20)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.20)

Post by FlowerChild »

Katalliaan wrote: Same thing as all the other versions - you need a fresh install.
That's incorrect. Generally you can install every version over the previous unless I say otherwise.

I just don't bother answering these questions anymore because they inevitably (and annoyingly) pop up after each release.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Ah, okay. I usually follow the rule that with new versions of mods, it's best to just make a fresh install.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
misterwuggles

Post by misterwuggles »

Seeing these things makes me think of an old western with dynamite tied to the underside of a large train bridge over a ravine, though that may have been because Battosay shot the video in the desert.

Awesome stuff, can't wait to play around with it myself.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Katalliaan wrote:Same thing as all the other versions - you need a fresh install.
Nope, that's not true. You can simply drag it in your old .jar

FlowerChild wrote: The non-opaque and direct powering thing was actually intentional.

Are you, Battosay, asking for indirect powering of a block?! The sky is falling, cats are sleeping with dogs, and the dead are rising from their graves.

Et tu Batto? :)
Lol !
Yeah I know :p
But when I first tried it, I was expecting it to behave like TNT.
And I don't really see where you'd want to place mining charges next to each other, but only trigger one ?
Maybe I'm just too tired ^^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Lol !
Yeah I know :p
But when I first tried it, I was expecting it to behave like TNT.
And I don't really see where you'd want to place mining charges next to each other, but only trigger one ?
Maybe I'm just too tired ^^
Actually, I thought it over after your post and realized that you wouldn't, since mining charges set each-other off :)

Ok, I guess this is one instance where indirect powering is actually better. I never thought I'd see the day :)
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

I finally got everything working, Going to have to ask the IDresolver guy why it needs to be restarted so often. I have five block ID's left and all I can say is that minecraft is now perfect.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

The mining charges are nice. I'm really liking the fact that you can stick them to walls and they won't fall down when activated. (though I've found that if you want it to fall down, you can break the block it's attached to after it's activated)

Another thing that I've found about them that I like is that right-clicking a charge with flint and steel will immediately activate it, which is useful when you don't really have room for redstone, and actually makes more sense than having to wait for the flames to ignite it, since it's like you're actually lighting the fuse with the F&S! Overall it seems like a much better or refined version of TNT, which is easier (and more fun) to use and also less dangerous.

One thing that's really fun to do with the mining charges is to space them apart just in range of the explosion of the previous one, and make a horizontal or vertical line of them, and then set the first one off and watch an instant shaft appear! Or dig straight down to bedrock (yes, I know it's a bad idea, but I've been playing around in Creative mode...) and then use the charges (attached to the wall) to pillar your way back up, and then set the top one off and watch the 1x1 shaft instantly turn into a 3x3 shaft! (doing it this way also destroys any unwanted cobble/dirt/etc., leaving any ores found in a neat pile at the bottom of the shaft! And I know this is an inefficient way of doing it, but it's still fun!)

Yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with these explosives (even though it's just been in Creative mode so far, as I haven't had time to develop a normal world to this point yet...) so I definitely want to just say: Thanks FC! You have an awesome mod and I've really been enjoying it! I hope you have as much fun making it (now and for time to come) as all of us have been having playing it! Again, many thanks for the great mod.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:Yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with these explosives (even though it's just been in Creative mode so far, as I haven't had time to develop a normal world to this point yet...) so I definitely want to just say: Thanks FC! You have an awesome mod and I've really been enjoying it! I hope you have as much fun making it (now and for time to come) as all of us have been having playing it! Again, many thanks for the great mod.
Thanks man, and you're welcome :)
bazilshep

Post by bazilshep »

The mining charges are great. And this is terrific turnaround time, with cool and useful features too. I'm just a bit frustrated that I have to create so many damn planks to get the sawdust. I need more dynamite!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

bazilshep wrote:The mining charges are great. And this is terrific turnaround time, with cool and useful features too. I'm just a bit frustrated that I have to create so many damn planks to get the sawdust. I need more dynamite!
Glad you like them man :)

Yeah, I'm likely going to tweak sawdust production rate in the near future. I want to make sure I get the balance right though to encourage auto tree-farm building.

I'm also likely upping the amount of paper required for Dynamite to 3 as well, as reed is ridiculously easy to farm and I find it balances out the recipe a bit better.

I'm currently building a full production setup for dynamite in my main save, so I'm making note of a lot of things I need to tweak along the way. I've got a nice system planned for allowing the auto-production of soul-urns for example (which is somewhat related to the dynamite production process given it's a natural thing to do when you're making hellfire dust).
Xekrom337

Post by Xekrom337 »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added Dynamite as a new item.
First thing that caught my eye. I haven't updated in a while :P
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Probably already known but do not place a piston against the output side of a Buddy Block. Bad Things happen.
Better is the enemy of Good
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

So... I took away my ability to connect to my server and complete my tower of doom in order to see this update. I've not had time to actually get to the mining charges, but they look amazing, and I think I just figured out what to put in the Single Player of my tower of doom now... lots and lots of levels of automated facilities. It shall be the tower of explosives production.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Devalish

Post by Devalish »

I know this was said as a joke, but has anyone tried throwing dynamite in water?
This was in the suggestions forum, and FC found the idea of redneck fishing funny
(if i recall correct).
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Probably already known but do not place a piston against the output side of a Buddy Block. Bad Things happen.
Can you be more specific? I know it causes an endless loop with the piston, but that's fine. "Bad things" is rather ominous :)
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Devalish wrote:I know this was said as a joke, but has anyone tried throwing dynamite in water?
This was in the suggestions forum, and FC found the idea of redneck fishing funny
(if i recall correct).
Tested, nothing happens.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ilovekintoki wrote:Tested, nothing happens.
Yeah, I might still do that, but it's not in this release. It's actually a bit more work than you would expect, as to make it effective, I need to make fish item entities float on water.

I'll leave it for a time when I just want to do something fun and funny, since it probably won't be something players hardly ever use. At present I've got some much more interesting functionality planned.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

FlowerChild wrote:At present I've got some much more interesting functionality planned.
Looking forward to it :)

Loving the update btw.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ilovekintoki wrote: Loving the update btw.
Thanks man :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

That endless loop is the bad thing. If I don't get that sort of thing stopped within ten seconds or so my client tends to crash. If it had been something way out of the ordinary I'd have posted over in bug reports. Sorry if I caused undue concern.
Better is the enemy of Good
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

I'm loving the mining charges, this update looks great. Now I need to finish making my auto mob farm to get enough glue to make them in my survival world. :)
IGN: Camerinthus
ct08857

Post by ct08857 »

Love the new EXPLOSIVE update
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:
ilovekintoki wrote: I'll leave it for a time when I just want to do something fun and funny, since it probably won't be something players hardly ever use.
Actually, assuming you make the fish entities float, I've already got the plans for an auto fish factory in my head :) It would be hard to do in hardcore bucket mode, but possible :)
Oh, and
FlowerChild wrote:At present I've got some much more interesting functionality planned.
This is a very good sign. :)
Alrin

Post by Alrin »

FlowerChild wrote:Please don't turn this thread into Notch/Mojang bashing.
Oh I didnt really mean it in a derogatory way, more of a 'poke fun at' way :P
Now that I re-read the post it did seem a bit childish, that wasn't ideal.
I'm really grateful that they are continuing to update (even though current line of features are probably not for me) and that they are keeping MC so very moddable so that great mods like this can elevate the vanilla product to greater heights :)

Also, its very exciting to see what you got planned for us ahead! Hope there will be some stuff that I can understand and use properly. I see stuff like detector blocks and my brain just go "Duuuuurhhhhh...". x_X
I think I need a Computer Logic for Dummies book :P

edit: Sorry I didnt respond sooner.. Skyrim. Oops. :)
DragonFire2876

Post by DragonFire2876 »

just a quick question since i cant test it atm can you chuck Dynamite into water does it make the fish come up like you said previously you wanted to ?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1366&p=19138&hilit ... ing#p19138
FlowerChild wrote:Actually, this is pretty fucking funny. Redneck fishing! It's easy to do and I like it :)
all procrastinators unite...............................tomorrow