1.8 Officially Released !!!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Battosay

Re: 1.8 Officially Released !!!

Post by Battosay »

About Risugami's mods, and the fact that he had to change the default ID :
Does it mean that now my saves are fucked, because I was using shelves with ID 102 ? Or they'll turn into something else (like the stone brick, or whatever block uses the 102 ID ?)

As for the food/healing system : You can't heal yourself with food now ? So how do you heal ? Only when your not hungry ? If so, that's really stupid. I hate it.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Battosay wrote:As for the food/healing system : You can't heal yourself with food now ? So how do you heal ? Only when your not hungry ? If so, that's really stupid. I hate it.
You heal gradually when your hunger bar is full(or almost full) and you lose health when your hunger bar is empty. There is no way to directly heal yourself anymore (as in instantly gaining health).
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I'm sure someone will come out with a mod soon that will do that. But then there's gotta be a catch ;)

(as soon as I get MCP back up and running and spend another 5-6 hours digging through messy vMC coding I'll see if I can help with it.)

I really enjoy the entire world gen and new tweaks and all It's making this a lot more fun and can now see how much more BTW can blend into the game... Sure there are a few tweaks to be done here and there but overall I am pretty much pleased with the new update.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Golden Apples boost the regen rate a lot, so there is that
SCIENCE!
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Magmarashi wrote:Golden Apples boost the regen rate a lot, so there is that
Yeah, but when you're facing 5 skellys, 3 spiders and a few zombies, you don't want slow regen, you want to use an item to regain health. If don't understand the design choice here, really. It's like playing on peacefull with monsters ...
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

This just gave me an idea for a mod :) (minecraft First Aid)
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I could see someone adding a potion that will heal you at the cost of some hunger.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Katalliaan wrote:I could see someone adding a potion that will heal you at the cost of some hunger.
Adrenaline shots XD - you heal faster but loose hunger too
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Battosay wrote:About Risugami's mods, and the fact that he had to change the default ID :
Does it mean that now my saves are fucked, because I was using shelves with ID 102 ? Or they'll turn into something else (like the stone brick, or whatever block uses the 102 ID ?)

As for the food/healing system : You can't heal yourself with food now ? So how do you heal ? Only when your not hungry ? If so, that's really stupid. I hate it.
Yup your shelves will turn into stone bricks or whatever. Dunno what will happen to the items stored on the shelves though.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Battosay wrote:
Magmarashi wrote:Golden Apples boost the regen rate a lot, so there is that
Yeah, but when you're facing 5 skellys, 3 spiders and a few zombies, you don't want slow regen, you want to use an item to regain health. If don't understand the design choice here, really. It's like playing on peacefull with monsters ...
I actually like it. It makes fall damage less annoying and it makes it a lot more exciting to explore caves.
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

I guess we need an alchemy mod with a few herbs and the option to make potions now. Of course a mod that rewrites food to heal you again would work as well, but where is the fun in that ? ;).
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Haidaes wrote:I guess we need an alchemy mod with a few herbs and the option to make potions now. Of course a mod that rewrites food to heal you again would work as well, but where is the fun in that ? ;).
Hey hey shhhh... Im working on it :P

just to warn you though I'm no FC...
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I like the new food system, I'd just like a way to make the hunger bar deplete about 4x or 5x faster. Once full, you can wait forever for it to drop again. One stack of porkchops and you're good for ages.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Gilberreke wrote:I like the new food system, I'd just like a way to make the hunger bar deplete about 4x or 5x faster. Once full, you can wait forever for it to drop again. One stack of porkchops and you're good for ages.
Not if you go fighting monsters. Sprinting, hitting stuff etc makes it deplete faster.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Fracking shoddy DSL eating my posts... Third time's the charm, right?

I'm glad to see at least one person agrees with me on the lack of healing items now. Adding requirements for additional preparation for exploring before adding in the things you need to prepare with is just... it's not intelligent design.

Shelf data will get wiped when it changes to an inert brick. I believe this is because the block does not store the tile data used by chests and other containers. You'll need to revert before opening your save and transfer everything on shelves that you want to keep into temporary chests. I'm assuming you're not planning to run your world in 1.8 until the mod updates so that your contraptions don't break. Or were you looking forward to redesigning them?
Better is the enemy of Good
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

grimper12341 wrote:
Battosay wrote:About Risugami's mods, and the fact that he had to change the default ID :

Yup your shelves will turn into stone bricks or whatever. Dunno what will happen to the items stored on the shelves though.
They will poof, if the selves don't automatically poof as well when you reload said world...

(Red Power likes to do this to me alot as well when I have to fiddle with the damn slots continuously...)
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MagusUnion wrote:They will poof, if the selves don't automatically poof as well when you reload said world...

(Red Power likes to do this to me alot as well when I have to fiddle with the damn slots continuously...)
Hehehe...is anyone else happy I started ID usage for the mod at 222? I know I am :)
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...is anyone else happy I started ID usage for the mod at 222? I know I am :)
Well, when you run the amount of mods like I do, it doesn't matter where you start your ID usage at... it's bound to be used by somebody else...

Course, I wish every modder was REQUIRED to have a config.txt with their mod, regardless of size... Because these slot conflicts are going to be increasingly more common as more mods can be fitted into .jars... (moreso in the conflicts department if Notch starts eating slots up like a mad-man with his last few updates...)

So yeah, it is a shot-in-the-dark as to which slots to use during initial programming... ironically, I've found that the last numeral slots are the first to get taken up.. Which I find slightly funny, but annoying as well...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Deepsniper wrote:
Haidaes wrote:I guess we need an alchemy mod with a few herbs and the option to make potions now. Of course a mod that rewrites food to heal you again would work as well, but where is the fun in that ? ;).
Hey hey shhhh... Im working on it :P

just to warn you though I'm no FC...
As long as it's Forge compatible... I'll play it.. lol

(if not for the sake of what the mods, then just on the premise that I'm an Eagle Scout and had to learn all about First Aid and Emergency Preparedness..)
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but when/if we do run out of IDs, what's the solution? Is it an easy fix, or cause a major problem?
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

MC Extended adds more blocks IDs, but it has a *lot* of bugs and incompatibilities.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

grimper12341 wrote:MC Extended adds more blocks IDs, but it has a *lot* of bugs and incompatibilities.
And it breaks saves. I doubt one mod would get so big that it would use all available IDs, and if you run out of IDs, you can just remove the mod.
TyberAlyx

Post by TyberAlyx »

just a question, do you think notch will add more block ids for future release?
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Alexia wrote:I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but when/if we do run out of IDs, what's the solution? Is it an easy fix, or cause a major problem?
It means you have too many mods, lol....

No, but seriously... mods will cap you out very quickly if you are using non-API versions... API version of mods can be installed and used with relative ease, and actually consume less overall space than your standard mod thankfully...

(getting other mod developers to use API's, however, is the greater challenge...)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

MagusUnion wrote:
Alexia wrote:I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but when/if we do run out of IDs, what's the solution? Is it an easy fix, or cause a major problem?
It means you have too many mods, lol....

No, but seriously... mods will cap you out very quickly if you are using non-API versions... API version of mods can be installed and used with relative ease, and actually consume less overall space than your standard mod thankfully...

(getting other mod developers to use API's, however, is the greater challenge...)
Using the Forge API gives you unlimited terrain sprite indices, but doesn't help with the block ID problem. Forge has been very useful in this aspect, as the terrain sprites (in my experience) always seem to run out way before you are close to the limit of possible block IDs. I think this is partly because a single block can, and often does, have more than one texture, while still being only one block ID, a good example of an extreme of this is wool: only one block ID but like 16 different textures.

So, yeah. Forge mods consume less overall texture space than your standard mod thankfully, but the Forge does nothing for actual block IDs. Block IDs aren't quite as big of a problem though. You need to have a lot of mods installed that add a bunch of blocks, and FC said a while back that he had the Aether and BTW installed and still had I think ~30 block IDs left. It's not until you try to install Plastic craft, IC, BC, BTW, and the Aether all together that you start to have problems with not enough block IDs.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.