Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
MCInventions

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.83]

Post by MCInventions »

Umm.. is PK still accepting players though? I would love to join a wonderful small server like this one. :'C
Notch approved. ;3 *Insert approval stamp here*
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Give it a little bit, he may be busy and hasn't seen your app yet.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MCInventions wrote:Umm.. is PK still accepting players though? I would love to join a wonderful small server like this one. :'C
Just to make something clear to people like the above genius:

When a server operator (myself included) mentions post-count as a factor in whether or not you'll be white listed, they're usually smart enough to notice when someone joins the forums and goes on an artificial posting spree in order to boost their count.

'Post count' is just a quick way of saying "Do we know you? Do we trust you?". Unless you've been around the forums for awhile and have contributed intelligently over that span of time, the answer is almost always going to be "no". The only thing spamming posts like a tard is going to do is get you banned from the forums, thus ensuring you'll never be whitelisted to any of the servers that have threads here.
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Indeed, Busy I was,
Out of town too,
So here I am back, and I just added some of the last few requests to the whitelist.
Please Consult the whitelist on the website to see if you were selected...
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Rob wrote:Hey PK, it's not a huge deal, but the website map hasn't updated in a couple days.
Thank you very much for the information.
The map generator renderer was really bugged out,
Therefore I need to delete it and re-render it from scratch.
Sorry but it'll be unavailable for the next few hours...
The server may also experience a bit of lag during that complete render.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Last edited by PK_420 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Glad to see you are back PK, though I'm bummed I wont see you for a while longer as i am out of town. I should be back thursday/friday this week though :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

ryoloth wrote:Glad to see you are back PK
Oh, You will sure have time to see me, since I got a long summer break.. :)
I was very busy with all those exams and homework.. and I lost track of a lot of stuff.
I intend to get back into it, finally start building my town, and play as often as I can.

Hope to see you all online soon :)
And as Always, Have Fun :P
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

PK_420 wrote:
ryoloth wrote:Glad to see you are back PK
Oh, You will sure have time to see me, since I got a long summer break.. :)
I was very busy with all those exams and homework.. and I lost track of a lot of stuff.
I intend to get back into it, finally start building my town, and play as often as I can.

Hope to see you all online soon :)
And as Always, Have Fun :P
Cool, glad to see you again.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Mud

Post by Mud »

- Limepunch
- USA
- 9 months of playing BTW exclusively.

No biggie if you're full, After playing MC for over a year by myself, I want to try co-op play without diving right into an anarchy server.
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Mud wrote:No biggie if you're full
FULL?! @#!%
Are You Kidding ?
Welcome in :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome back PK! Thanks for fixing the map. I hope to see everyone online soon, but I may be MIA for a few days. Life and all that jazz.
Ultimate_Cookie

Post by Ultimate_Cookie »

Do you accept all ages to join this server? (Just wondering.)
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Glad your back PK
hasnt been the same without you ;)
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Ultimate_Cookie wrote:Do you accept all ages to join this server?
I base myself on the player's experience with BTW more than his age.

I also work the same way FC described:
FlowerChild wrote:When a server operator (myself included) mentions post-count as a factor in whether or not you'll be white listed, they're usually smart enough to notice when someone joins the forums and goes on an artificial posting spree in order to boost their count.

'Post count' is just a quick way of saying "Do we know you? Do we trust you?". Unless you've been around the forums for awhile and have contributed intelligently over that span of time, the answer is almost always going to be "no".
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Hey PK
I noticed earlier that Mud said it wasn't a problem if we were full.
At what point will you actually consider the whitelist full and
stop adding Players?
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

I'd guess once we run into a problem of too many people online at once lol. We have 70 or so people on the whitelist already I think, BTW sorry I haven't been on in a couple days, been busy with RL.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

I wont be on any time in the next 3 days so ill see you guys on the weekend
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

I also won't be on until at least midnight friday. sorry, I'll see ya guys this weekend probably.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

So i have a request. Please do not build in the maridran desert, there are people who can and they know who they are. but i have plans for a few adventure areas in the desert that need to be untouched, and i would feel really bad if i had to destroy your build :P

oh and i will be back friday sometime :)
Mud

Post by Mud »

Had a brief introduction to the server just now, was very interesting. I don't know where to start myself out or what to do (as I said this is my first SMP experience.) suggestions?
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Mud wrote:Had a brief introduction to the server just now, was very interesting. I don't know where to start myself out or what to do (as I said this is my first SMP experience.) suggestions?
Well, you could strike out on your own in some random direction... most people so far seem to be building south of the spawn for no particular reason.

You could also join one of the cities that are looking for new people. It sounds like the Maridran Desert is off limits, and we in Terrene don't really need any new people cause I've kinda got a particular vision in regards to building inside the city itself. I think Hammersly is pretty open to people though, and it is close to spawn. You'd have to ask people in each of the other cities if you could build in their different areas, though.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Bevanz wrote:It sounds like the Maridran Desert is off limits
unfortunatly this is true for now, once the main city of sentarshedeen is complete or nearing completion then it will be reopened to the public for joining :)
Mud

Post by Mud »

I see.

If I did decide to strike out on my own; how do players generally feel about others using their crucibles/kilns/millstones/etc. when said systems are otherwise idle?

Also what's the story with the massive mobgrinder and the drops that are gathered from it?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Mud wrote:I see.

If I did decide to strike out on my own; how do players generally feel about others using their crucibles/kilns/millstones/etc. when said systems are otherwise idle?

Also what's the story with the massive mobgrinder and the drops that are gathered from it?
Hammersly is free to anyone who wants to use it's facilities. We have a autosaw, 4 mills, a crucible, kiln and cauldrons of both kinds. If you can provide your own raw materials, feel free to use them. I have no idea if anyone still lives there, by which I mean actually stay there to work on builds and tech and the like. The supposed mayor is on working vacation to Terrene and the vice-mayor is busy with his automation and shipbuilding services.

About the mobgrinder, try not to take excessive amounts of anything, especially iron or arcane scrolls. That said, I'm not good at holding that rule myself. I've been on a kibble making spree recently, and The mobfarm has an excess of rotflesh and bones. Anyone who has an issue with that can PM me to discuss. I'll arrange for some iron to be sent to Terrene soon, as I did take some to melt down.

As for why the mobfarm has restrictions, It's got to do with one of the locals not being happy with foreigners waltzing in and taking whatever they felt like. Not a big deal.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

So just to let you guys know. I'm trying to gather people to set up a new town, so if anyone is intested to join please do ask! I am located in the bordering biome east of Sentarshedeen. It's a big islands biome with loads of wolves ;) But beware! They are hungry..
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread