Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FaceFoiled

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FaceFoiled »

Dark_Tundra wrote:Cannot leave anarchy
Thanks for the confirmation. Just went through the permissions and realized I named the access nodes for the town portal: town - and not .world.

Let me know if it works now,

For details:
These are the specific portal nodes.
- multiverse.portal.access.world
- multiverse.portal.access.anarchy

And these the world nodes.
- multivers.access.world
- multivers.access.Anarchy

I initially had the access node for the world portal to .town - as that is the name of the portal. I guess it still refers to a specific world in the node, not the portal name. Let me know how it goes.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Alrighty! :)

From what I can tell, everything appears to be sorted now, and you should even be able to go to the nether within the Anarchy world (Anarchy's nether). Plugins should now be disabled completely as well, even for me. :P (which was interesting as I could not fix something when I made a typo, and we were all stuck in the Anarchy :P) Portals are all good and sexy, to ensure no possible nether portal issues I made them out of Diamond blocks instead.

Someone pointed out the Xray mod/ability. I think it's safe to say that using this would be frowned upon quite a lot. Hiding your base camp and stuff is a big part of Anarchy, and using a mod to detect ores/chests like that would allow you to quickly find such bases. If I do notice someone using that within Anarchy, I'll sadly have to restrict your access to that world. I wan't it to be a fun Anarchy world filled with demonic shizzle and stuff, but no cheats. :)

If you wish to use it within the Edolas world, that is up to you. It's a pure survival build/community world, I still think that it is cheating and unfair/spoils the fun but that is up to you.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Today, 3 brave souls armed themselves to the teeth and prepared to go hunt the terrible dragon. The dragon wasn't dumb he hid himself and when these 3 souls jumped through the portal they found themselves lost in what they thought to be the end. These souls were, MiC17, Wgurgh and myself, Deepsniper. 3 guys stuck on a 6x6 platform waiting for the Shady Lady Razzle to come out of her hole in the anarchy world to teleport them out... Talk about irony... 3 brave knights in shining armor being saved by a princess....
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Deepsniper on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

AHAUHAHUAHU

Wg looks so defeated XD Look at the expression of misery
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

I'm getting an end of stream error everytime i try to join now.

I've tried a fresh install on minecraft already. Anyone got any suggestions? :(
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

you using 1.2.3 or the 1.1?
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

1.2.3... I sense a Doh! moment coming up...

Edit: Dammit I seem to have lost my 1.1 version. I guess i'm waiting till thursday to try out the anarchy.

Thanks Deep, that'll be it i'm sure.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Starshifterxen wrote:1.2.3... I sense a Doh! moment coming up...

Edit: Dammit I seem to have lost my 1.1 version. I guess i'm waiting till thursday to try out the anarchy.

Thanks Deep, that'll be it i'm sure.
Just download the 1.1 jar from here and replace it. Problem solved.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Thanks Jorge. Anarchy (and speedy death) here I come!
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I challenge everyone on this server to find my base in anarchy. For each that finds me I will be handing out a special treat. Either in anarchy or Edolas your pick of where you get my presents.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Deepsniper wrote:I challenge everyone on this server to find my base in anarchy. For each that finds me I will be handing out a special treat. Either in anarchy or Edolas your pick of where you get my presents.
In a world 8x the area of the Earth? You're gonna have to give some kind of hint :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Well I already found speed's little chest underneath the spawn. I had to remove the lockette sign as he applied that before the plugins were fully removed from Anarchy :P, does that count? ^_^
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

No that doesnt. you actualyl have to find my base. A hint would be its below the surface somewhere.
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Deepsniper wrote:No that doesnt. you actualyl have to find my base. A hint would be its below the surface somewhere.
In that case I guess I will stop looking for the huge castle I was expecting...

Anyhow, just wondering if I should still plan on building the battle arena in the regular area. I think it is enough different that it may still be worth it, but not sure.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Yes Wg - please do. :) I would love to have some cool pvp fights in Edolas where I don't have to shit my pants just for going outside. :P On that note, would it perhaps be an idea to add a little "rest room" where contestants can set their spawn (bed), that way if my opponent dies, they can quickly come back to me for another whoopin'. :P
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

You will be the first to die FF :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Pff, he of little faith!

- I am afraid that I can't guarantee that I have time this weekend to update the server and it's plugins to 1.2.3, unfortunately I am having a surprise visit from my family :< as I live in a different country from them, I can't really turn them down. :P

The restart of the server is still planned for the 15th though, that should only take a few seconds and will be need to pickup the server upgrade (additional memory / slots).

Sorry for the inconvenience though, I know that many of you (myself included) were kinda waiting for 1.2.
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Ok, I will see if I can get started on it then. Was planning on having 2 "rest rooms", one on each side, with chests in them to leave stuffs you are not taking into battle. Probably put a sign in each chest so you can use it as a locker. Full out war mode will have to wait longer though (need obsidian to protect surrounding areas :p)

Hope to have at least a basic place done by tomorrow, see how it goes.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Hi! I'd like to try out your server FF, I believe you have to whitelist me? I like the idea of anarchy server, and I've never had a server where I go regularly. so........ Anything you need? my ingame name is embirrim
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

If you werent, you are now. :) Welcome, or welcome back. :P
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FaceFoiled wrote:If you werent, you are now. :) Welcome, or welcome back. :P
Thanks! First-timer! I'll try it out tomorrow, busy now. I like the anarchy concept a lot, although I've never tried it. However, I bet I'll rage bad if someone destroys all my stuff!
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FaceFoiled wrote:If you werent, you are now. :) Welcome, or welcome back. :P
Thanks! First-timer! I'll try it out tomorrow, busy now. I like the anarchy concept a lot, although I've never tried it. However, I bet I'll rage bad if someone destroys all my stuff!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

embirrim wrote:Thanks! First-timer! I'll try it out tomorrow, busy now. I like the anarchy concept a lot, although I've never tried it. However, I bet I'll rage bad if someone destroys all my stuff!
There is always the Edolas realm as well :)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FaceFoiled wrote: There is always the Edolas realm as well :)
I'll be sure to check them out!
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Arena building is well started, thanks to many who helped provide and deliver supplies. North locker room is 'complete' and floor is in. Once I can get south locker room done and at least a rudimentary spectator area we could actually have some battles, though it is FAR from finished. See what I can manage tomorrow.