BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Panda

Re: BTW Deco Add-on ( pre-release v0.4 - updated 5/5)

Post by Panda »

Simple suggestion, waste bin, throw items in and they disappear, similar shape to Vmc cauldron. no more lava in your house lol. and maybe a wood color lighter then birch planks? almost white. Use stains on birch? : )
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

ok now i know im being a pest, would u give grave stones there own single texture?
Never say no to Panda.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Panda wrote:ok now i know im being a pest, would u give grave stones there own single texture?
And maybe the function that we can write something on it (like the signs, just with funny grave signatures like "left is free" or "Last words: You call THIS a knife!?!")
Last edited by Elevatator on Mon May 07, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Panda wrote:ok now i know im being a pest, would u give grave stones there own single texture?
I'm with Panda - it would be nice if they had their own texture. When I first saw you had added the gravestones, my first thought was "what can I put as the text on them ...", and then realised it just uses the default stone.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Elevatator: I prefer that actually, makes for each stone being different!
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Panda wrote:Simple suggestion, waste bin, throw items in and they disappear, similar shape to Vmc cauldron. no more lava in your house lol. and maybe a wood color lighter then birch planks? almost white. Use stains on birch? : )
No, I don't think so about the waste bin. And the wood, I don't think it's worth taking up another block ID (otherwise would require changes base class changes).
Yes, I'll just put the stone texture in the next slot in my terrain.png so you guys can re-texture it if you want.
Elevatator wrote:
And maybe the function that we can write something on it (like the signs, just with funny grave signatures like "left is free" or "Last words: You call THIS a knife!?!")
I'm not sure about this. I'll consider it, but for what I have planned the gravestone is going to require a tile entity already. And I already had a tile entity written for the purpose I had in mind. I'd prefer not to write a whole new one. But we'll see. :)

----

And really? No one has anything to say about the lantern render method? It took like 6 hours to figure out what each line of the torch render code did lol
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

kaos78414 wrote:And really? No one has anything to say about the lantern render method? It took like 6 hours to figure out what each line of the torch render code did lol
The new rendering looks great! :P

I think the reason none of us have commented on it is that we can't see it in-game, and all we have is that one screenshot. I reckon you will get a congrats or two once we have it to see for ourselves :).
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Breakthrough moment! :D
Spoiler
Show
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

New leaves look nice!
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Amazingly better!!
Never say no to Panda.
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Those look great! :D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Oh, fantastic! :D
Lusewing

Post by Lusewing »

Any one else having problems getting this mod to work with BTB?
Spoiler
Show
Mods loaded: 12
ModLoader 1.2.5
mod_Biosphere 1.2.5
mod_FCBetterThanWolves 3.61
mod_ModLoaderMp 1.2.5v1
mod_BuildCraftCore 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftBuilders 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftEnergy 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftFactory 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftTransport 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftSilicon 3.1.5
mod_linkovich 0.4.0
mod_BetterThenBuildCraft 3.10

Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT f58b35d6 --------
Generated 08/05/12 16:05

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.6.0_31, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series version 4.2.11566 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 154 is already occupied by BlockPavement@15cd9a when adding buildcraft.builders.BlockMarker@16d46d7
at pb.<init>(Block.java:248)
at agy.<init>(SourceFile:9)
at buildcraft.builders.BlockMarker.<init>(BlockMarker.java:32)
at BuildCraftBuilders.initialize(BuildCraftBuilders.java:126)
at mod_BuildCraftBuilders.modsLoaded(mod_BuildCraftBuilders.java:40)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:899)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 43c40ff9 ----------
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

That's a block ID conflict. The pavement is conflicting with "BlockMarker", which I think is the landmark from BC.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Katalliaan wrote:That's a block ID conflict. The pavement is conflicting with "BlockMarker", which I think is the landmark from BC.
Could be the pathmark, but it makes no difference.

OT: As for the leaves, I have grow to liking them as they were. Not saying the new leaves are bad, just having been able to see them live yet.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Lusewing wrote:Any one else having problems getting this mod to work with BTB?
Yeah it is a block ID conflict. I should get around to doing the config file soon, otherwise you may have to wait for the extended block IDs.
walker_boh_65 wrote:OT: As for the leaves, I have grow to liking them as they were. Not saying the new leaves are bad, just having been able to see them live yet.
Hehe... well I think you'll like them. The biggest caveat of the previous method was that texture packs that included non-vanilla particle textures were making the falling leaves look weird, since what it essentially did before was use the first smoke particle texture. Now they can properly texture the leaves. :D

And to everyone else: I'm glad you like 'em! :)
Lusewing

Post by Lusewing »

Is there any one who could PM me or point me in the right direction to how I can change the block ID conflict? I would love to add this mod to my LP and for just one simple block error it seems a shame to miss out on it.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

Lusewing wrote:Is there any one who could PM me or point me in the right direction to how I can change the block ID conflict? I would love to add this mod to my LP and for just one simple block error it seems a shame to miss out on it.
I believe that Buildcraft has a configuration file(Or 5. Stupid modularity). If you remember the name of the block causing the error, you can change it in BC's config and leave kaos' blocks alone.

A warning: The block ID's for kaos' mod are liable to change when the extended ID's come out. Not sure if you saw this news already, but I don't want to lose your LP because of block ID changes.

Hope that helps, Lusewing.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
Lusewing

Post by Lusewing »

Spoiler
Show
// config settings

// set the following to 1 to disable "hardcore buckets" mode. This setting overrides the one found in the BTWConfig file

btbDisableHardcoreBuckets=0

// Block IDs

btbSpoutID=185

// Item IDs

// Entity IDs
^^^Thats the config file, would I put 'BlockMarker=???' under the block ID's with a free block ID? Moding is completely alien to me though it looks a little like HTML which I have a little early knowledge of.

As for the future big update on block ID's I understand that things will have to change but im happy to keep my game unupdated if I have to. Even so everything always comes to and end and when I do decided to finish the LP I will always have another combo of mods (always now with BTW) to play with.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

I think you would have to look under buildcraft's config file not BTB's. But I don't really use BTB so I don't know. Failing that, you'll probably have to wait for me to add a config file to my add-on. I'd really like to see it in your let's play though :)
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

The BuildCraft config is in .minecraft/buildcraft/config.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

kaos and sargunster are right. There's a seperate config for BC at the location sargunster mentioned.

Wish I'd been more clear about that. Just find 'BlockMarker=' in the config for BC and change it to a free ID. There may be more than one config, just go through them one at a time. Try CTRL+F, type in '154' and you'll be done in no time!

Hope that this is slightly more helpful. If it's not... Ask again and I'll keep chucking advice at the wall and see what sticks.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Question: When you destroy the leaf block just above a beehive, is the hive supposed to be deleted without any honey drops?
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

logorouge wrote:Question: When you destroy the leaf block just above a beehive, is the hive supposed to be deleted without any honey drops?
Yeah that was intended, though I'm not sure about it just yet. Initially, I knew I didn't want it to be *too* easy to automated collection of honeycombs, but I suppose either way you have to have a Block Dispenser. I'll have to think a bit about this before I make any changes :)
Lusewing

Post by Lusewing »

I got it working with BTB, had to change all the block ID's in BTB but it works and thats what matters - now I can show this mod off and have the watchers from MCF either asking me what mod it is and where to get it (because they don't read the description) or complaining that it doesn't work with their game (because they don't understand they need BTW)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Lusewing wrote:I got it working with BTB, had to change all the block ID's in BTB but it works and thats what matters - now I can show this mod off and have the watchers from MCF either asking me what mod it is and where to get it (because they don't read the description) or complaining that it doesn't work with their game (because they don't understand they need BTW)
Hehe, well that's good that you got it working! Let me know when you get an episode up using it! :)