Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rianaru

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Rianaru »

SterlingRed wrote:
Rianaru wrote:
SterlingRed wrote: -snip-
-snip-
Db's in that mess are used for some piston controls so that I'm not pushing clay balls into empty space while a platform is moving.
The kiln is pure timing based, rather than detection based. If you want one like that you need a buddy block instead of a db since the db will see the urn placed and the urn item the same. Buddy based systems work well, but you need a bd to damp out the extra pulse from when the urn gets placed.
Totally forgot about the item in the kiln -.-
Couldn't you use a flip-flop to damp out the extra pulse?
EDIT: BD flip-flop. Right. Off to build that when I get home! Never crossed my mind to use a Buddy block for that.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

Well, thought I'd try to give some eye candy as I've been enjoying many of these amazing stuff you guys have made

Some previews
Spoiler
Show
ImageImageImage
Was a short period where I felt it more fun playing smp with friends, but the lack of things to do in vanilla drove me nuts and made me go medieval on a hill. That castle was the result after about a week later.....
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Love the village! One of the better castles I've seen, very cool!
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

Thanks, I started building a palisade around the whole 'valley' that had the village (building with defence as design constraint) where I though later on building the village from the plaza and outwards (planned village space is roughly 50% more grass area than seen in first shot).
The 'dirt wall' you can see closest was a failed attempt to 'leash' out building space to other players and without any further incentive it started to feel more like a chore to build further.

I have more pictures on the inside of the castle but there are rather a lot of them (~150)... actually let's do like this if it's ok I can post a couple of them at a time, sounds fun and they do go more like a tour through the whole castle as it's the intricate defences through the insides that are the true beauty. Thoughts? Otherwise I'll only post the best ones :)

Some more outside shots from outside for now
Spoiler
Show
One on the village gate

One from the trade harbour

One from the giant tree
and some more around....
Spoiler
Show
If you haven't realized yet, I'm bloody proud of that castle ;)
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

And you have right to be. It's an amazing build, and has a fairly authentic feel to it as well.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

This is my semi-automated tanned leather farm, based off Morv's dung farm in her LP
Spoiler
Show
The Outside
The dung farm (sand up for maximum dung production)
The cauldron, powered by 9 habachis
Bottom of millstone, from cauldron area
View from millstone, looking down into cauldron
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Hopefully not considered necro...

With the new multiplayer BTW (yay!), moved a world were my brother and I were building the Colosseum over and started using some of the BTW decorative tools to improve the look. Was a pre-1.2 world and the conversion screwed up the biomes, hence the snow.
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Damn dude, that Colosseum is gigantic!
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Yeah, we were going for actual scale (as best we could approximate from images). Amazingly it's about 10 blocks shy, in terms of height if 1 block = 1 cubic meter.
BinoAl wrote:Damn dude, that Colosseum is gigantic!
FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote:What did you do with bonemeal? And can I mix it with clay and smear it on myself for instant growth?
You'll be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to order my patented instant growth formula.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Holy crap, man. That's awesome! How long did it take you to build that?
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Holy crap, man. That's awesome! How long did it take you to build that?
3 people working, probably about 75-100 hours each. and that's just the outside + about 2 sections of the interior used to scale things to be workable for stairs and such.

Now I'm debating whether or not to make it floodable or to have an underground 'village' to supply contestants. Sadly, the zombie chasing villager AI shows its failings badly when there's lots of villagers. They focus on just one and chase until it goes out of range, even if there's another villager moving through the mob.
FlowerChild wrote:
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

milkmandan wrote:Sadly, the zombie chasing villager AI shows its failings badly when there's lots of villagers. They focus on just one and chase until it goes out of range, even if there's another villager moving through the mob.
lol
You remind me of this scene XD Zombie path finding was good in Dawn of the Dead

Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
TSA

Post by TSA »

i have just done a prototype of a pipeline/aqueduct.

this makes use of the new BTW pumps don't open if you want to figure out how they work by yourself
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
LunaticToad
milkmandan

Post by milkmandan »

Has anyone made a water clock with this yet? Not sure on the overall timing but seems like it could make a fairly configurable long timer.
Spoiler
Show
Basically when the water from the pumps hits the wheel, it stops for a second while reversing direction. Long enough that the pumps stop working, so with a turntable or detector block on the water flow you could have something with a period on order of 30 secs - whatever. A full 8 blocks to fall from pump top gives about 8-10 second delay.

Also, if you didn't want to interrupt your mechanical power for everything, you could use redstone back into the first gearbox for the pumps.
FlowerChild wrote:
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I had spare wood and didn't know what to do with it.
I decided to upgrade my mill a bit:
Spoiler
Show
(White block is Marble, from MediateCraft)

Thanks for the new and awesome mouldings FlowerChild!
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
shifty

Post by shifty »

Here is the design of windmill I usually build:
Spoiler
Show
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Hi guys, haven't put up anything in a while, between lurking and going hog-wild in Better Than SMP from the time it launched I haven't taken the time to post anything or even join the IRC. Now that my excitement has normalized a little I'm going to get back to being more communicative, or at least try...Without further ado, my version of the arrow/bone sorter:

When the change to how the bellows worked with items like arrows came out I'll admit I had a pretty bad case of builder's block and put off changing the sorter in my SSP mob trap indefinitely. Then when SMP came out and the community had eventually worked up to the point that we built a massive mob tower I finally decided to tackle the sorting machine...The one I built in the server is clunky, unreliable, and due to the nature of its haphazard design it took a long time to get it so it'd work most of the time.

Today I had a flash of brilliance, a new plan suddenly formed, and the results are shown below.

Don't click this if you haven't built this yet and want to figure out arrow/bone sorting on your own.
Spoiler
Show
My SMP design involved a turntable alternating a current between two pistons, it often allowed arrows into the bone hopper, especially when a little lag hit.
This new system has proved completely flawless with the addition of a BD Timer, and BD Floodgates, also entirely new to me is the piston flip-flop...I know, it's something probably everyone and his mother who doesn't even play Minecraft knows, but I digress.
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
abysskarra

Kiln with 6 slots too easy

Post by abysskarra »

My design of Kiln with 6 slots. It very little!
Video:
Spoiler
Show
Download map:
MediaFire
Sorry for my english
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Nothing too impressive in terms of individual builds, I am still trying to get a lot of the basic automation up and running, but this is my village I work on with a friend. On the right is the Colonial-era manor I am building right now... it is built over the ruins of a desert village (a few of the original buildings are still visible, however).
Spoiler
Show
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Just figured I'd post a few fun things to do with sidings:
Spoiler
Show
Statues!

Hiding redstone wiring!

Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Graphite wrote:Just figured I'd post a few fun things to do with sidings:
Spoiler
Show
Statues!

Hiding redstone wiring!

Yeah, I love siding for hiding redstone wiring, especially if you have redstone in a building that doesn't have much extra room.

That statue is pretty cool, too. I was just thinking of how I wanted a statue in my manor... that inspires me.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

A nice screen I took from my server. I really love the look that water-rising using pumps gives. It feels just right in my minecraft spirit.
Spoiler
Show
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I've been messing about with the screw pumps, working on getting water to my skycity to continue building there. This has been.. quite the struggle so far, and I'm still nowhere near the top.

At first, I was planning to circle it around the tower, but felt that looked rather weird/ugly, so tore it down and started over. This is how that looked;
Spoiler
Show
After that I started experimenting a lot, and am still working on a final design. I've torn down more stuff in the last few days, than in the last few weeks :P. This is what I have at the moment, I thought it looked kinda cool. =D
I was planning on doing another quarter circle inwards again from the sides, and circle up - repeat that design somewhat upwards. But .. it's that's using way to many screwpumps. I want to continue building at the top again, so I will have to come up with another design.. again. =D Still, looks rather funny! :)
Spoiler
Show
Dreambolt

Post by Dreambolt »

Though I'd just show a little over view of my First, second, and third attempts at building a home. I'm thinking of building a forth much bigger and better looking home over top of one of my ocean strongholds (Have two), but that will have to wait until December and final exams :).
Spoiler
Show
The above ground rail you can see comes from my spawn (Which I had the brilliant idea to build at night). Age of buildings goes from right (youngest) to left (Oldest)
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

My village I made from the ground up:
An overview of the village (farm is not visible):
Spoiler
Show
Mine:
Spoiler
Show
Main building:
Spoiler