M!C's News Compilation

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Battlecat

Re: M!C's News Compilation

Post by Battlecat »

M!C wrote:
Deepsniper wrote:AKA 1 hour from now :) That sounds awsome :) I have yet to touch any of the pre released material so this should be fun.
Ok, now these two together tell me that MC1 won't be released at 1 o'clock ...
04:52 PM
Jens Bergensten
Minecraft will be released during Notch's keynote today!
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/137558830040104961

Friday, 11/18

1 - 2:30 PM PT Notch Keynote and Minecraft Launch
4 - 5 PM PT Mojang Panel: Scrolls and Cobalt Demos

Saturday, 11/19

11:15 - 12:15 PM PT Mojang Developers' Panel
1:30 - 2:30 PM PT Yogscast Panel
4:00 - 5:00 PM PT Closing Session
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212578p1.html
Did you take time zones into account? It's not 1:00 pm in Vegas yet.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Battlecat wrote: Did you take time zones into account? It's not 1:00 pm in Vegas yet.
Mhm, I don't understand that question ...
What I wanted to say is that Notch will do his keynote and then comes the release.

I know that Vegas is still a few minutes away from 1 PM but that doesn't change what I said above ...
Urian

Post by Urian »

I've timed my cooking to have dinner ready right when the keynote starts. I'm running a fever so I'm not out tonight, good that I've at least got something to do (been spending the day watching old episodes of QI).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Ack, sorry about that. I was comparing the time stamps on Jebs tweet to the scheduled keynote time since they were both bold.
RHCPepperfan

Post by RHCPepperfan »

@notch 3 hours ago
We also learned who not to work with at Minecon. Shame.. :/

@notch 2 hours ago
I'm very sorry about the behavior of the people we won't work with any more. Celebrity or not, you don't f-bomb kids.

Rumors say hes talking about the Yogscast.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

RHCPepperfan wrote:@notch 3 hours ago

@notch 2 hours ago
I'm very sorry about the behavior of the people we won't work with any more. Celebrity or not, you don't f-bomb kids.

Glad I boycotted them months ago. Also found this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPd9oci4ers comments are pretty interesting. They also admit to not ever buying minecraft as well.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Yeah, unless there were other big non-Mojang panels at Minecon, and considering they say "fuck" three times in the first minute, I think he's referring to the Yogscast.

Of all the times to not have a "HAW HAW" pic handy.
Urian

Post by Urian »

There were other panels as well I believe as well as some "Internet celebrities" who didn't have a panel. Considering Notch said they woudn't work with them anymore, did they work with Yogscast in any way or is it more likely he referred to some other group?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Alrin

Post by Alrin »

He just confirmed it was S&L.
Now lets see how many can be mature and not go "HAW HAW!".
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Urian wrote:There were other panels as well I believe as well as some "Internet celebrities" who didn't have a panel. Considering Notch said they woudn't work with them anymore, did they work with Yogscast in any way or is it more likely he referred to some other group?
Notch just got forgiven for voidfog, breaking peaceful spawning without getting breeding in 1.8.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Brethern wrote:
RHCPepperfan wrote:@notch 3 hours ago

@notch 2 hours ago

Glad I boycotted them months ago. Also found this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPd9oci4ers comments are pretty interesting. They also admit to not ever buying minecraft as well.

I'm not certain what sort of Company-hosted conventions the commenting people have been going to, but professional behavior is expected even in an informal atmosphere. Cutting up and acting like asses on the internet or your super special blog or in your private life is fine, you just show how childish and immature you really are when you can't tighten that shit up for one day to make a good impression.
SCIENCE!
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

What's with the "They didn't buy copies of the game"? Anyone can link me to where that was said in the vid? It intrigues me somehow.

Also, let's get off this topic quickly. Yog discussion getting this thread closed is not worth it.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

I actually find it slightly ironic that Notch comments on something like this, even though he's cracking masturbation jokes on his blog. I guess the two aren't entirely comparable, but still.

Anyway, apparently the first thing they're going to to once they're back is stamping out bugs. You'd think that's what all the pre-releases had been for, lol.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Tsugumi Henduluin wrote:Anyway, apparently the first thing they're going to to once they're back is stamping out bugs. You'd think that's what all the pre-releases had been for, lol.

Nothing is ever perfect
SCIENCE!
Alrin

Post by Alrin »

I can pretty much guarantee that it was someones parent that freaked out during that intro video on the panel.
Coming from sweden myself I can let you know that we dont even have that kind of PC culture here, ie curse words are not being bleeped or blooped out on tv etc. So that Notch himself would fret about this is silly. Like you said, he was making wanking jokes on a public blog about his game that anyone that can click on links from the minecraft.net page can get to.
Damage control, that's what it is :)

On a sidenote, you'd think they had screened the content that was going to be showed during that rehearsal thing they did the day before?
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

What a load of bullshit.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Please cool it with the Yogscast ramble guys.

In closing however, I will say "ha ha".
Alrin

Post by Alrin »

Unrelated, during the dev panel it was really refreshing to hear jeb_ talk about how he was eager to get back to working on the building/creative bits of minecraft now that the adventure update push was finished. Or they'll just add wool stairs :P
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

If someone wouldn't mind filling me in on this Yogcast this via PM, as I do not want to clutter this thread with more bullshit.
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Can you do PMs on this forum?

EDIT: Guess I should have looked at the user control panel before posting :)
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

walker_boh_65 wrote:If someone wouldn't mind filling me in on this Yogcast this via PM, as I do not want to clutter this thread with more bullshit.
Just go take a look at Notch's latests twitter posts. The Shit Done Hiteth Yonder Fan
SCIENCE!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Wow.... I have to say this made me smile :)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Magmarashi wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:If someone wouldn't mind filling me in on this Yogcast this via PM, as I do not want to clutter this thread with more bullshit.
Just go take a look at Notch's latests twitter posts. The Shit Done Hiteth Yonder Fan
Last post on the subject. All I can say (as I did in a PM) is it does not surprise me one bit that they did this. They had even referenced the money portion it in the "interview" they did. I personally couldn't give a two fucks what happens to them next, all they should know is that they have had it coming to them for a long while.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote: Last post on the subject. All I can say (as I did in a PM) is it does not surprise me one bit that they did this. They had even referenced the money portion it in the "interview" they did. I personally couldn't give a two fucks what happens to them next, all they should know is that they have had it coming to them for a long while.
Walker, I almost just issued you a temporary ban for posting this. Seriously guys, lay off this topic. Next person that continues with this gets the boot, as I'd rather do that than lock this valuable thread.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Point taken and note. Most likely not my best idea posting that.